5.0 out of 5 stars An Australian Perspective

Love her voice.
Published 4 days ago by LUIS GARCIA GARCIA

5.0 out of 5 stars An Australian Perspective, 22 Nov 2000
padsrr@flinders.edu.au (Adelaide, South Australia) - See all my reviews
I am very tired of re-hash after re-hash of Shirley Bassey compilations but this disc is definetely a cut above the rest. It is extremely well presented and the cover photography (all new) is stunning. It's a great compilation of Dame Shirley's work but more importantly, we are given versions of "As I Love You", "Big Spender" "Kiss Me" and "This Is My Life" which are not the usual versions released on compilations. Also it is quite nice to have "Moonraker" and "History Repeating" on a greatest hits CD. The digital remastering is also a bonus. I recommend you buy it and enjoy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 17 Jan 2007
Dr. Michael Peters "Michael" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This CD gave my partner and I what we now affectionately call 'our song' - its 'Never, never, never' and means a great deal to us both. The rest of the CD is a sublime listening experience, sending shivers down your spine and making you laugh and cry. A wonderful collection of iconically sung masterpieces. Thank you Shirl.

5.0 out of 5 stars A WELSH PERSPECTIVE, 9 Mar 2002
Michael Daniels (SWANSEA, South Wales, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a long time fan, having most things Shirley I avoided this CD at first. However the nice art work and good track selection finally persuaded me. As I thought, all the tracks have at some point been previously released on both vinyl&CD, with the exception of (Surprise) "Big Spender" which is obviously an out-take from the original 1967 sessions- it is quite different from the single version and issued on the "And We Were Lovers" LP and makes this a very good excuse for buying this CD for fans (which for the casual buyer is about the best SB CD on the market).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bassey at her very best!, 1 Dec 2000
By A Customer
22 tracks all digitally re-mastered including three Bond themes "Goldfinger" "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker". Other standout tracks are "Light My Fire" and "The Greatest Performance Of My Life". Fans may have many of these tracks on cd already, but I can recommend this cd for the excellent sound quality, fantastic booklet with amazing new pictures of Dame Shirley and its the only Bassey cd where you will find History Repeating!.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TO HAVE THE HITS ON 1 CD, 14 July 2001
By A Customer
AS A DAME SHIRLEY CONNOISSEUR, IT WAS A GREAT THRILL TO HEAR A DIFFERNET TAKE ON AS I LOVE YOU. I HAVE NEVER FOUND THAT VERSION ANYWHERE IN BRITAIN BEFORE:) ALL THE OTHERS I HAVE ON MANY DIFFERENT FORMATS. WELL WORTH IT, IF YOU WANT ALL THE BIG DRAMA SONGS ON 1 CD, PUT IT ON AND GET YOUR FEATHERS OUT AND BELT THE WORLD IN THE *****.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHIRLEY, 7 Mar 2013
Item arrived on time, there are so many Shirley cd"s out there but this one in my opinion is a very good choice to buy

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my Life, Shirley Bassey, 15 Mar 2010
Mr. J. S. Robinson (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This Is My Life: The Greatest Hits
Excellent recording of some great numbers - just what was wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars This a fantastic collection of Shirley Bassey clasics, 6 Oct 2003
I recently became interested in Shirley Bassey through a friend. Being only 15 I hadn't really heard much about Shirley Bassey but as I listened to her music I began to love her!!!!! Her voice is so powerfull; she can really blast out a true masterpiece. I bought this album and recomend it to enyone who is an enormous fan of Shirley Bassey. It includes many old favourite such as "Big Spender", "AS I love You", "Goldfinger" and my personal favourite, "This Is My Life". It is a must buy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 9 Mar 2013
The majority of tracks are really nice with a few being real classics, performed by a true artist, possessing a voice hard to find anymore. Great buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Shirley Bassey Greatest Hits, 15 Feb 2013
Cant go wrong with this if you are a fan of Shirley Bassey. I could listen to her recording of " I Who Have Nothing "all day. A good selection of her best hits.