5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kettle
Published on 2 Feb 2010 by H. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Chronicles of my modern eco kettle.
Published on 25 May 2010 by Ciaomanana

2.0 out of 5 stars Chronicles of my modern eco kettle., 25 May 2010
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
Bought this about 8 months ago and its my 4th kettle in as many years. I bought it for all its Eco credentials and the see-through thingy. Its a great kettle and what I love the most is that I can now see the limescale build up [sad, yes, but I'm a clean freak] so I'm descaling my kettle more regularly these days. It boils up rather loudly but then suddenly switches off and stays completely silent - also nice. It also boils just enough for a cuppa - something my old kettle struggled to do. So all good - until recently.

Now, it leaks whenever I boil a full kettle [ie 'full' meaning up to the recommended level], the see-through bit has suddenly started to crack all over and, despite my best efforts at cleaning, the stainless steel part below has turned a ghastly yellowy- brown.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 20 Oct 2010
Ms. K. Mercer (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
My last kettle came as part of a set with a bin and a cuttlery tray for about a tenner and lasted 7 years. I bought this kettle about a year ago for about 50 and it's leaking water out of the base already. I am constantly having to wipe up pools of water on the kitchen surface.

Trying to speak to Kenwood's customer services is like trying to fight your way through a maze of options without ever getting to a person. Can't believe I'm shopping for a new kettle already! It's a real shame because I love the way it looks and like another reviewer I have de-limescaled it regularly because you can see when it needs doing. Wish I hadn't bothered now though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kettle, 2 Feb 2010
H. Taylor (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
I was fed up with my old kettle. It was I think over 16 years old and impossible to see on the filling gauge how much water was in it (a side effect of our highland peaty water!) - so I did a thorough survey of all the so called eco kettles available and eventually chose this one. I do not regret it - it looks fantastic - it can boil a minimum of 200l of water and you can see exactly how much is in the kettle. It pours well unless you try to pour the water out too quickly when the kettle is full, but if you pour more slowly it is fine. It also has a nifty blue light on the on off switch which looks very jazzy. So top marks for Kenwood.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 Oct 2010
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
I could not be more disappointed with such an expensive kettle. I thought that a product with the Kenwood name would be a quality product, however, after a very short period of time the kettle started to leak when pouring. This is not great when it leaks boiling water usually over the floor near to your feet. Not just a small amount of water either, usually a whole cup full leaks out for every cup full poured, unless you pour so slowly that the water gets cold before it reaches the cup. Extremely disappointed with the look as well, the clear plastic very quickly looks like it has a cracked appearance and the bottom metal internal part is stained yellow/brown even after descaling. I am taking this product back to the purchaser and getting my money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish!, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
Although in a hard water area, we do have a water softener but nevertheless I was amazed a how quickly the polycarbonate body gained lime streaks - something that had never happened with my glass-bodied kettle.

I then realised that there was no automatic cut-off when the kettle was lifted off the base. So, if for instance, I boiled the kettle for water for pasta, lifted it off the base when boiling but before it had switched itself off and then replaced it on the base, it would continue boiling for a few seconds - even with no water in it. Not only dangerous, also hardly defining 'Energy Sense'.

Finally it developed an electrical hum when switched on - not good. After two months I took the kettle back to John Lewis for a full refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible pourer, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
We've had this kettle for a few months now and if you put more than 2 cups of water in it, it spills water everywhere when pouring. Unless you pour incredibly slowly. This is a real problem with design. You need to keep mopping water up - a real pain. It offsets the nice flat bottom, ability to boil very small amounts of water and quick switch off at boiling point - which we like. Can't afford to change it, but I curse it several times a day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after just one boil, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
The second time I tried to use the kettle, I had to hold down the flimsy plastic switch to keep it boiling - it just keeps popping back up. Useless waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
I was fed up with buying kettles that have level indicators consisting of a plastic ball that inevitably become stuck so that accurate filling requires guesswork, so following the demise of my old kettle, I decided to buy a clear one.

I bought this product less than 3 years ago and although it was initially great, with good looks and the ability to quickly boil just enough for a cup of tea or a very large flask, providing me with everything I wanted from this product, I have recently had concerns about an embarrassing problem it has developed.

The kettle has become incontinent, leaking water all over my worktop and sadly, as the condition has worsened, I had to let it go having concerns about water entering the electric base which it sits upon.

Kenwood, don't ever get into the business of making fishtanks or submarines.
Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 Aug 2011
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
I'm joining the "don't buy this" brigade.

Less than a year after purchase (of which, lets face it is not the cheapest kettle on the market) mine started to leak from the base. No-one wants to know - and Kenwood who I always thought of as a reputable manufacturer. should be ashamed.

I notice that this particular kettle is no longer in their range on their website.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor piece of trash, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Energy Sense Cordless Glass Kettle S/S Brushe
The kettle worked fine for about 9 months, then started leaking from the base. Had lost the receipt / warranty - so it was consigned to the bin. Unreliable waste of Money - do not buy this junk.

ARRAY(0xa52d4f60)