5.0 out of 5 stars Superb machine...superb ice-cream
Three words for this. Fantastic fantastic fantastic! Very easy to assemble and use. Makes up to TWO x 1 litres of ice-cream in less than half an hour. Very useful having two freezer bowls as means you can always keep one in the freezer and make ice-cream on a whim. The smaller machine (ICE30) only has one bowl which means you can only make ice-cream in a 24-hour period as...
Published on 29 Dec 2009 by Dancingelephant

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
The positives first:
Delighted with the taste of home-made ice-cream, absolutely delicious and you know exactly what you are eating! If you are a family you will definitely need this model with the 2 bowls.

After that I'm afraid I'm pretty disappointed - I know there are machines that are a lot more expensive than this, but 75 is not exactly cheap. Wish...
Published on 26 Jun 2011 by Pink Skye Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart ICE40BCU DUO, 12 April 2012
Jacqueline Hancock "criminalgirl" (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
I am extremely happy with my ice cream maker,it came in 3 days from ordering. (In great condition too), I used it last night for the first time and am chuffed squint. I made David Lebovitz's chocolate ice cream, it was a bit faffy, but worth every minute. The easy part was putting it in the ice cream maker! Glorious.
The noise I can put up with, as you do with every kitchen appliance, my food processor and even stand mixer makes noise, it's what you expect and it's not for very long, so no big deal.
I think the dashers are robust as are the bowls, they fit side by side in my under the counter, drawer freezer. I am VERY pleased with this, I can't wait to try other recipes in this now. BUY IT NOW :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Works superbly, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
When my wife said she wanted an ice cream maker for Christmas I was delighted. After a bit of research I chose this one to get double the amount of flavours. It has worked superbly so far and my wife finds it really asy to use. She is already developing her own recipes and this machine has coped with everything thrown at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
hi i first used the cuisinart ice40bcu today firstly following a basic vanilla one litre recipe it took no time to make the mixture then it was an easy job to pour into the wide feeder tops, but didnt think to make the two litres so put half in one and half in the other then to one i put a small amount of frozen blackcurrents both tubs produced great tasting icecream but it left a small amount frozen in the bottom that wouldnt come out its a great machine a little noisy but recommend using the correct amount for each tub

5.0 out of 5 stars ice cream made easy, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
Having read previous reviews I expected a fairly noisy machine but found it to be not much noisier than a microwave.If you split a standard recipe between the two bowls it will make a delicious ice cream in around 25 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy ice cream!, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this machine a couple of weeks ago and have not regretted it. My husband used the Ben & Jerry's recipe book and the results have been fantastic. Not so good on my hips, but fabulous ice cream!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
This machine is excellent,easy to use,always an excitement to try the next batch.Apart from being a little noisy its the best purchise ive ever made,Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
This is FANTASTIC! Love it, perfect for any ice cream and great for chopping up your favourite chocolate bar and popping it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
I love this Ice Cream Maker as does the rest of my family!! It makes truly beautiful Ice Cream. Maybe more expensive than others but just buy it you wont regret it

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
There is no doubt that this makes the most yummy ice cream, but what a faff it all is. First there are all the bowls etc used for the whipping and mixing to clean and then there is the machine to sort out. I find it difficult to scrape the mixture off the paddles as they are an awkward shape and then at the bottom of the freezing bowls the mixture is really frozen and hard to scrape off.All the time the rest of the icecream is starting to thaw. I think it would have been just as easy to whip everything up in my food processor and then freeze it. I had wanted an ice cream maker for a long time but wish I hadn't bothered.

3.0 out of 5 stars who has a freezer this big?, 14 Jun 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo (Kitchen & Home)
Great machine but my freezer is just a standard one and its hard to find room for one of the machine's bowls let alone both. Forced to choose between keeping meat or making ice cream I have to say I tend to think the ice cream isnt so vital even tho the machine does make it very well

Those people with American sized freezers have no problem, but then the danger is they themselves may end up American sized!

Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo