5.0 out of 5 stars MFI Replacement Drawer Runners
I needed to replace some old MFI drawer runners and was concerned how closely these runners resembled the MFI products and whether I would need to do any modifications to get them to fit. I needn,t have worried, they were an excellent fit and apart from the position of the screw holes are a precise copy of the MFI originals, even superior in respect that that the...
Published on 4 May 2011 by CLB

1.0 out of 5 stars Runners failed soon after installation.
Published 5 months ago by DAVEJB

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Runners failed soon after installation., 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Needed to replace MFI drawer runners when they finally gave out after 20 years of service. The new ones look similar and fitted OK, but within a week had started to fail and after two weeks use the runners have completely failed. The metal runners have bent and the ball bearings have fallen out. It may be that the metal is thinner than the original MFI ones. Anyone know of a sturdier product?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement, 22 May 2014
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
These are just what I needed to repair my aging drawers and make my units as good as new again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a heavy weight, 19 Dec. 2014
Philip (Colchester Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Two pairs of these purchased. Looked good, fitted well, bearing holders are metal rather than plastic - but they still fell apart after 6 months, whereas the original MFI one lasted 15 years. It was the soft metal sides which bent open under the weight of the drawer, clearly not strong enough. Shame - no idea where to get decent replacements that fit and last!

5.0 out of 5 stars M F I 1980s replacement, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Replacement for 1980 M F I. Better quality. Steel bearing slider,not plastic. Existing holes almost line up, close enough if your not a perfectionist. Lots of holes so you should be able find something tofit. Holes on the side of draw runners were same size so no issue. Good tip, order more than you need, very irritating when these draw runners collapse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawer runners bought by length, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
I'd no idea the kitchen drawers are MFI, but the runners fit, so they must be!
I've already said, the only thing I would have liked was fitting instructions - at first, I fixed one runner upside down. Then I realised the threaded holes have to go towards the drawer front and that end of the runner must be right at the front of the drawer frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runners Replacement for MFI, 2 July 2014
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Minimal difference from original items, easy to replace with minor adjustments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion runner!, 2 July 2012
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Last week my very old MFI (or possibly Texas -remember them?) vintage 3-drawer filing cabinet failed me for the first time since I bought and assembled it... in 1989! A runner from one drawer gave up the ghost, and the bearings fell apart. Looking around I could not find a decent replacement for less than well over £100, and thought of looking for the runners only. To my amazement I found these here on Amazon and they are almost identical to the originals. Delivery was very prompt, and they arrived today a mere 2 working days after ordering.

Having not seen the inside walls of my filing cabinet for 24 years, I wasn't sure about the fitting process. I needn't have worried. These are exactly the same dimensions as the one that fell out (I did check the measurements before ordering) and the only adjustment to make was to drill three of the holes in each wall side runner half slightly larger, to acccomodate the original grub screws. This took a couple of minutes, and fitting was then logical and straightforward and took less than 5 minutes.

The filing cabinet drawer is fully functional again, and smooth as butter in operation.

I am delighted with this -and it has saved me over £100.

Highly recommended,

AA

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawer runners - do exactly that, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
I bought this product to help me to replace some older style runners on a drawer of unknown origin and age - but at least 20 years old.

They fitted perfectly and apart from having to drill a couple of extra holes to match up they were very straightforward to install.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a saviour, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
Couldn't believe it when I came across these runners, I had been looking for a long time as the drawers on my ancient MFI unit had given up the ghost scattering ball bearings everywhere. Amazon to the rescue, these are the perfect fit no drilling necessary and I now have smooth running drawers!

5.0 out of 5 stars These Drawer Runners are fab..!! They ..., 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: DRAWER RUNNER MFI 28MM X 278 EXTENDS TO 452MM
These Drawer Runners are fab..!! They have transformed my old 1980's MFI Kitchen drawers, I'm selling the house soon and didn't want to spend a fortune on a new kitchen. I fitted them myself in an afternoon..all 8 sets of them - hubby watching the Rugby..!! Now open and close a treat.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›