5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by Mr. P. J. Richards

1,114 of 1,130 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning with overpriced features.
First and most important: This toothbrush is excellent in cleaning teeth.

The negative is that it has the DOUBLE price compared with Oral-B ProfessionalCare 1000 when in fact it is the very SAME toothbrush with the following "extra features":
1. Sensitive mode, which makes the toothbrush work in almost half the power -pointless.
2. Polish mode, which...
Published on 10 April 2011 by Dimitris

1,114 of 1,130 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning with overpriced features., 10 April 2011
This review is from: Braun Oral-B Professional Care 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies) (Personal Care)
First and most important: This toothbrush is excellent in cleaning teeth.

2. Polish mode, which also decreases and increases the speed of the rotation from slow to normal which does not seem to be SO necessary nor important.

Well, believe it or not, these are the only differences between those toothbrushes when 1000 has the half price and works at the same exactly speed and power with 3000. The mechanism is identical. Of course you can use the very same cleaning head suitable for polishing/whitening on the 1000 and have excellent results.

Sadly, i had not realized these before buying the 3000 one, but i hope that i will be helpful to someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, 5 Jan 2010
Mr. P. J. Richards (UK) - See all my reviews
I previously had a braun/oral B but after about 5yrs use the battery life per charge was becoming bad. I received this new toothbrush for Xmas and I must say its excellent. My teeth feel cleaner than the previous brush and I can feel its much more powerful. The pressure indicator is a very useful feature as before I was brushing far too hard. I now have very clean teeth and no gum bleeding. One other great thing is that on other brushes they have rubber on the base which can end up getting mouldy. On this brush its just plastic and so will stay cleaner and more hygenic.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good electric toothbrush, 22 Sep 2009
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's pretty widely acknowledged that Braun make very good toothbrushes, and this one is no exception. This is the third Braun I have owned over nearly 20 years and, like the others, it is excellent.

The brush cleans very well indeed, especially with the new "brightening" heads I have been using Braun Oral-B EB18-2 ProBright Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 2 Pack. There is a noticeable reduction in the staining, and - crucially for me - my gums feel very good. I like the red warning light which tells if you're pressing too hard, the handle is slim and easy to manoeuvre, and the battery life is very good. The base is extremely compact and stable and comes with a handy covered compartment for four brush heads which you can place over the base or not as you prefer.

I must say that I find the three "modes" - normal, sensitive and polishing - more than I need. Others have said that the sensitive mode is good for sensitive spots, which (I am very thankful to say) I don't suffer from, but I can't really see the point of the polishing mode, so do consider whether this brush is over-engineered for your needs: a less complex and slightly cheaper model may suit you just as well if you don't need the other modes. However, that's not a complaint about the brush itself which I like very much and which gives excellent results. I can recommend it very warmly indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B Professional Care 3000 3-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush, 16 Jun 2012
I went from standard brushing to this electric brush which was recommend by a Swedish Dental hygienist. Excellent item would recommend to anyone wishing for a fresh clean everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toothbrush, 13 Jun 2012
Absolutely love it. I used to have a Philips Sonicare. This one is infinitely better. Cleans better, it's a lot lighter, much easier to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 10 Jun 2012
This toothbrush is really good to use. Gums and teeth coping fine with the extra power compared to my previous electric brush. Too soon to tell whether the floss action and dental heads are just a gimmick or do have benefits over the "daily clean" head which is really good. Also, only time will tell how long the rechargable battery will continue to recharge fully over extended use, but in the short term I seem to be getting weeks out of a single charge before the useful "low battery" light comes on. My wife tried this brush instead of her usual one and she wants one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toothbrush ever, 20 May 2012
The brush is very efficient and the settings and heads provide a range of programmes that make your teeth feel and look very clean. My hygienist was very complimentary about my teeth after I used it although she doesn't think the flossing head is any use for flossing - it does do a good job of cleaning though. The timer is also a very useful bathroom clock.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but overpriced, 13 Nov 2009
S. COX (South West UK) - See all my reviews
After my old Braun's toothbrush battery finally gave up charging I decided to invest in a newer model and chose the 3000. This cost twice what I paid for my old model two years ago and frankly isn't worth the extra money. Don't get me wrong it is a very good brush and handy if you have sensitive teeth due to that brush mode, (also daily and polish modes). However my old Braun costing half the price of the 3000 also had a sensitive mode and seemed just as efficient as this one. Now while the battery will last a week on a full charge it takes a pathetic 14 hours to reach a full charge again! (the old brush was similar and I'd hoped one for twice the price would be quicker), If like me you don't have a socket in your bathroom you will have to plug it in elsewhere to charge, use it and plug it back in to reach full charge.

You will also find that replacement heads are like printer ink and the same price as liquid gold!

All in all though it is very good just way overpriced and you'd be better off buying one of their cheaper models, that's what I'll do next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral B Care 3000, 26 Feb 2012
Following an interogation by my dental hygienist about my teeth brushing technique I was strongly advised to invest in an electric toothbrush to improve my dental hygiene and hopefully allow me to smile using my own teeth by the time I was a Grandfather! I looked at a wide range and finally settled on the Braun Oral B Care 3000. I have been so impressed that my only wish has been that I didn't start using one of these years ago. The action is not overly aggressive and the sensor which flashes red stops me reverting to my old "scrub-as-hard-as-you-can" technique. The brush control is comfortable and good and I am convinced that my back teeth are actually being effectively brushed for the first time too. The short series of pulses every 30 seconds reminds you that you should concentrate on the next quarter (ie upper R, upper L, Lower R and Lower L) of your teeth and gums. The battery charge so far has lasted several weeks without a recharge, certainly more than the stated 7 days, so that's a bonus if you are travelling a don't want to take the charge base and lead with you. I would certainly recommend this product and will be getting the same for my children....and grandchildren (one day!) PS My Dental Hygienist is also very pleased with me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars stuck on which product to buy? This may be helpful for you, 13 Jan 2012
Mr. Stephen - See all my reviews
The best guide that I can offer in relation to making sense of a multitude of different gadgets or gimmicks is as follows. Firstly a big selling point for electrical toothbrushes is the oscillations (turns per minute) and pulses (back and forth per minute). Quite simply they are sold on that basis and when compared to using a manual toothbrush it is most unlikely for anyone to achieve 40,000 pulses per minute! (Unless if counting their heart rate when trying to achieve such speeds!) This may suggest why present research indicates that in many tests undertaken they clean far more effectively.
Now getting to the bottom line of the Oral b toothbrushes on the market I investigated these key features and took it from there and of course when highlighting the best electrical toothbrushes on the market could then do the same if they were any fancy extras along with the price that may sway my final decision.
Most people had gone for the professional care 500 and said it was the best. It pulses at 20,000 pm and rotates 7,600 pm, which is a decent specification. Although, the professional care 1000 shows some interesting specification to rate it up there with the very best of them because it rotates at 8,800 pm and pulsates at 40,000 pm which is significantly higher than the 500 and is therefore a better product regardless of any possible debate, unless the marginal price saving is a bigger attraction. More advanced products the professional care 2000, professional care 3000, triumph 4000 and 5000 all have the same 8,800 pm (rotation) and 40,000pm (pulsation) like the professional care 1000. As previously mentioned above the main selling point is these key specifications hence why the professional care 1000 can match the best of them.
In my case I went for the professional care 3000 because it has the key basics of the highest specification and unlike the professional care 1000 has three speeds massage and polish which I wanted for my gums and that dentist feel after each brushing experience. It also holds its charge well for up to 1 week and has a useful red light that flashes if your pressing too hard and I also liked the hygienic plastic storage that comes with its stand to stop flies landing on it or getting covered in hairspray or something daft, lol! And that would be my advise get the basics of what the professional care 1000 offers you and you can't go far wrong, especially when dentists generally recommend them as good product. If then you want any extra speeds.........then you can add them to your choice along for value for money.......
Also another interesting find was that the pulsonic products in general has lesser speeds than these models but had digital displays, but I wanted what cleans my mouth best. Although pulsonic may argue otherwise.
A final note to mention is that claims that these products are like hedge trimmers is far fetched because I am sure at the crack of dawn if using one of them my neigbours would go nuts and so far along with others nobody has asked for me to turn down the noise which doesn't need ear defenders I can assure you. Yes you do get a little bit of noise, but how do you expect an electrical toothbrush to work and operate its motor. You will also not wake the baby when using one, but I suppose at a pedantic level it could be argued one product is quieter than another, which I don't personally care about.
Overall extremely happy with my product and have a high level of confidence for every time I use it, as it is simply outstanding as I am sure any of the professional care product are and I am a completely independent customer.