5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, without the fuss...
Published on 1 Oct 2009 by techpuppy

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor battery
My previous Oral-b toothbrush lasted 2 years before I had to replace it due to poor battery.

This product has only been used for 4 months and now it needs to be charged very often.

I reckon Oral-b installs low capacity batteries to force customer to replace it within 12 months.
Published on 20 Dec 2011 by M

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, without the fuss..., 1 Oct 2009
techpuppy "aka stylepuppy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Braun Oral-B Professional Care 2000 Two-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this toothbrush to switch back to a 'mechanical' oscillating/rotating brush from my current cheap-ish sonic toothbrush, also a Braun Oral-B. I've owned a Braun mechanical brush before but this newer model is significantly more powerful and oscillates while it rotates and although at first it feels a bit like you're cleaning your teeth with a hammer-drill, the advantages of a mechanical brush soon become clear.

The smaller head on a mechanical brush lets you brush every last corner of your mouth, nothing feels out of reach. The 'stuttering' indicator, which happens every 30 seconds to tell you to move onto the next quadrant of your mouth, is unnecessary and a bit patronising but the pressure indicator is helpful for the heavy-handed. The slower of the two speeds is also good for cleaning your tongue - just a quick sweep and you're done without the need for extra attachments.

This toothbrush seems to have the same basic specification (40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute) as the more fully-featured and expensive alternatives like the Braun Oral-B Triumph IQ 4000 or the Braun Oral-B Triumph IQ 5000. If you don't need all the bells and whistles but want a very good quality and effective toothbrush then the 2000 is a really solid choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars It'll give you that 'ring of confidence!', 18 Mar 2010
(Oh dear, I'm showing my age with that title!)

After a lot of (mostly tedious and confusing) research into rechargable toothbrushes I decided on this Braun 2000 model due to:
1. Price
2. Some good features but not too many that they're gimmicky and pointless
3. Some very good reviews
4. Reasonable price of replacement heads (via Amazon, natch!)

I haven't been disappointed. This was my first experience of a non-manual brush, if you will, and I can definitely say, I'll never go back!
The 2000 comes with two heads; one standard, one sensitive, although I have to say I couldn't really discern any difference.
The features I do find very useful. It's scary to think just how long two minutes is (the minimum recommended time you should brush for) and as soon as I started using the 2000 I realised I'd not been brushing for anything like as long as I should have even though I thought I was! It also points out when thirty seconds are up so you can move on to another 'quarter' of your mouth and tells you off if you brush too hard by flashing a red light. This is a particularly good thing for me as the dentist just told me I've worn away the enamel on one tooth by over zealous brushing...oops!
Apart from these, I can't think that a toothbrush can do anything else that's relevant or needed and if they do, I feel they must be added to justify a higher priced brush.

My only niggle is the base unit which is not particularly well-designed but hey, you can't have everything and it's the least important bit anyway.
I'm so impressed with the Braun 2000 I've even converted my husband and in fact his has just arrived from Amazon and is charging up as I type!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor battery, 20 Dec 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars good middle range brush, 24 Sep 2009
Don Panik (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly if you are considering getting your first e-toothbrush - definitely do it - they do clean better than a manual (I was previously a sceptic). Secondly I would recommend that you go for a Braun brush. But which one to go for? The range is large and the model numbering system can be confusing. I have experience of both the top of the range triumph 5000 and a bottom end professional care 6000 (which is about a quarter of the price of the triumph). In truth the cheaper brush does a good enough job - but the more expensive brush is quite a bit better.

For this model the direct comparisons are with professional care 1000 and professional care 3000 which lie either side of this in terms of price point. In terms of brush action the basic clean is the same on all brushes, but with a sensitive mode on the 2000 plus a polish mode on the 3000. The 3000 has a slightly better charging stand which will hold your brush heads. As it happens I tend to only use the basic clean mode - so the extra cost to get the sensitive mode is not great advantage to me.

The brush itself is fine. The charging time is a bit slow. The pressure light up if you over do it is probably useful if you are new to the experience but not that useful once you get the hang of the fact that you let the brush do the work for you.

Overall a good product, perfectly adequate, and will give good service for a couple of years at least as long as you charge it regularly. If you are after something cheaper but with a sensitive brush mode have a look at Braun Oral-B Professional Care 6000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrushor ideed the two pack which looks like a bargain at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars great electric toothbrush, 3 Sep 2010
Great electric toothbrush, each time I use it, it feels like I've just come back from the dentist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral-B Professional Care 2000 Toothbrush, 17 Jan 2012
I have been using electric toothbrushes for years.
It has taken this toothbrush and its pressure sensor light to show me that I have been doing it uncorrectly for all this time. The brush is much more vigorous than my previous ones and the pressure sensor shows that I have been pressing too hard. I can feel the difference already, after 3 weeks. I cannot reccomend this brush too highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Electric Toothbrush, 8 Nov 2010
Love this, just what my teeth needed! Easy to use and keeps it's charge well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Your Gum Too!, 3 Oct 2009
Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using rechargeable electric toothbrushes for over 5 years, and I like them very much!

In general, if you have never used an electric brush before, I strongly recommend it, because it's easy, quick, thorough and good for your gums too, because it gives good massage to them. Believe me, I think it'd be much more effective than brushing with your hand in a traditional way, although I still do prefer hand-brushing when I want to brush small gaps between teeth. It'd also be a good brush for your kids too, to have their teeth cleaned without much stress!

This product has a small indicator shows if too much pressure is applied to your teeth, and the pressure sensor stops the brush movement too. After two minutes, the brush lets you know that your brushing time has finished with a noise. This product also comes with two brushes - one is a normal one and the other one a softer one.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mid ranger, 21 April 2010
Jam (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great brush. Some people think it has frivolous features and I actually think it's the most attractive base unit. The Professional Care 3000 comes with that enormous lunch tray, this is far neater and more attractive.

The timer is very useful, now I properly think about the quarters of my mouth and make sure nothing is missed, rather than jumping around sporadically. Indeed once you know how to use the brush the red light indicator is not needed. But oh well

I upgraded to this from the budget Oral B brush. It is far nicer, feels better and cleaner. The noise is more like a hi-tech whir than a clunky rattle. Very happy with it.

Though I am also hearing amazing things about the Philips brushes, which I have never used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks after itself, and looks after my teeth, never been cleaner., 29 Nov 2011
The Braun Oral-B-Professional Care 2000 2-Mode recharcheable toothbrush is fast without fury, You only have to push one button and and the product does the rest, it lets you know what parts to clean, for how long, and when to stop. It also tells you when you are pushing the brush too hard on your teeth. Your hardest job is putting the toothpaste on the brush - The other bit of hardwork is replacing the toothbrush on the recharge pad ready for the next time - how hard is that?!