1,939 Reviews
 (1,303)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, simple, great clean!
Very very good electric toothbrush. Has quite a fast action, so it cleans teeth very quickly and efficiently. The toothbrushes 'buzzes' 4 times during the two-minute cycle, to let you know when to switch between upper/lower, front/back of teeth. It's a bit pointless, but a nice touch i guess. The battery lasts a long time. I use the product for about 2-4 minutes, three...
Published on 24 Sept. 2009 by Antony Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable electric toothbrush
I normally use a Sonicare toothbrush, which I bought on the recommendation of my dentist. He rates Sonicare highly, he said, although he didn't offer me any reduction on my dental insurance - not prepared to put his money where my mouth was, perhaps.

Anyway, the Sonicare works very differently to this beastie, and at first I was very aware of the difference...
Published on 2 Nov. 2009 by S. Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as my previous Oral B toothbrush, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies) (Personal Care)
It seems we can now spend an absolute fortune keeping our teeth clean. I needed to replace my previous Oral B electric toothbrush as the battery finally gave up completely. I was unable to dismantle to change the battery so bought this one and it does exactly what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brush, but a bit slow to charge up, 8 Oct. 2012
I am delighted with this toothbrush. I have been using the Braun Oral-B 500 for the last few years and was very pleased with it. I decided to upgrade to a newer model when the battery started to wear out. This newer model runs at a higher oscillation speed, and is noticeably faster.

The pressure sensor is a very noticeable bright red light on the top of the handle, nearest the brush. I am astonished by how sensitive it is! Other reviewers had said it was hard to trigger it, but I found it lit up several times each time I brushed. I am now learning how to angle the brush and not to press into my teeth as much as I needed to with the older model. I am surprised by how helpful I found this function.

The only down-side is that it takes 17 hours to fully charge. The manual says that you need to do a full charge the first time you use it, and that it is good to run the battery totally flat once every 6 months or so. It is impossible (the manual says) to over-charge the brush, so I guess the sensible thing to do is to charge it before it gets anywhere near empty, to avoid having a night without being able to use the brush. The manual says that the charge will last a full week brushing twice a day for 2 mins, but I suspect with cleaning etc that will be slightly optimistic.

However, this is a really excellent product. My teeth feel much cleaner than they did with the 500 model, the buttons are easy to find but not overly sensitive - I have not yet accidentally turned it off! I like the one-mode setting, as I decided I would not be likely to use the other modes regularly, and now I am using it I am sure I can just be more gentle in movements should I decide I have a sensitive area.

I would highly recommend this brush to others who want a good, straightforward brush with excellent cleaning and easy use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you go electric you never go back...., 1 Aug. 2012
I bought this after i was recommended an electric toothbrush by my dentist however i didn't know it would make this much of a difference, ammazing product, i've even bought my boyfriend one!! excellet value for money, ill never again go back to a normal toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning!, 30 Oct. 2009
C Hicks "Salisbury Books" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have used Oral B electric toothbrushes for some years now but this model has a much higher spec than the ones I have had in the past. The toothbrush is straight forward to use - you just need to hold it gently over your teeth and do the front, back and tops of your teeth. Ideally, the instructions recommend that you clean each quadrant of your mouth separately and the brush will indicate when it is time to move on to the next quadrant. It also indicates when you have spent two minutes on your teeth in total. The red light flashes on the toothbrush when you are pressing too hard.

I found the toothbrush easy to use, the instructions are easy to follow, easy to charge up. My teeth felt really clean after using and I think they look better. I have been really pleased with the toothbrush and would have no hesitation in recommending this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries are always the issue, 25 Mar. 2011
This is a good toothbrush as are all Oral B toothbrushes, but I have stopped buying the more expensive ones. The issue is always the rechargeable battery which does not last longer than 2 years in my experience. So, buy and throw I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking grey metal, 17 Jan. 2012
When used this toothbrush leaked a grey metallic substance from its pin. When I contacted Braun they informed me that this was due to oxidation of the metal pin due to the toothpaste - usually whitening toothpaste. Braun customer care said it was non-toxic. They also said it was not an uncommon product complaint. However when I asked what the metal was they could not tell me and when I asked what the evidence was that it was non-toxic they could not tell me. Nor could they provide an email address or telephone number of someone in Braun who could. I round tripped to different sections for about 30 minutes without an answer. As a medical doctor with some training in toxicology I was left with the problem of - is a customer care reassurance enough evidence to allow my children to use a product that leaks metal into their mouths? The item, which worked well in all other respects, was returned. I would welcome a comment from Braun answering the above questions and if they can confirm what the metal is and how they have confirmed it is non-toxic - then I will revise this review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 10 Jan. 2012
I decided on this brush because it seemed to be simple and effective. Other toothbrush reviews suggested that spending more for more paraphernalia was not necessarily worth it.

Although this brush was great when it worked, I had to return two models because the connection seemed to be loose. The brushes would only charge when half hanging out of shaving adaptor plugs and then ceased to work altogether.

What annoyed me was that there seemed to be no function to feed back to Braun. I contacted them directly and they said their team were unlikely to call me back but they would look into it. Apparently very often counterfeit models are on Amazon and therefore don't work.

It seemed strange to me that although I'd had two faulty products and tried various shaving mains and purchased two adaptor plugs and even took the brush to an electrician (who said the plugs were fine), Braun weren't interested in the supplier, what went wrong and how, or making it up to me. After some complaint from me, Braun agreed to give me the difference so I could purchase this from Boots where hopefully the product is better quality.

I can't imagine other companies being so relaxed about this kind of thing- whatever happened to customer service?

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 8 Jun. 2012
I purchased this item as a present to myself in December it worked for approximatley 6 weeks. The problem appears to be with the charger, it stops charging!!

My daughter has also had this problem after being given the same model as a present, we returned the product to Braun and it was replaced, however yet again it stopped charging.

Don't waste your money on this product!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much power and no options, 29 July 2010
Owl - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I ordered this to replace my aged Oral-B Braun electric toothbrush, having noticed a loss of power and poor cleaning. This brush features an oscillating AND pulsating operation. I had experience of oscillation, but pulsation was new to me. It is basically a strong vibration through the brush head for even better cleaning. Unfortunately for me, I chose this 1000 model, instead of the next model up, the 2000, which features a sensitive clean function in addition to the standard clean. The reason being, I feel that this toothbrush may be too powerful for me, with my sensitive teeth and early stage receding gums. My dentist advised me to be gentle on account of this. Having dismissed the sensitive feature as a needless gimmic, I went for this basic model. I regret that now, having seen just how powerful this toothbrush is. I can only imagine what it would be like with the standard head - the thought of removing tar spots or dried insects from my car seems like an attractive and distinct possibility! It has a certain jack-hammer quality which is quite intimidating and the pulsating function really vibrates your teeth to the core and makes your mouth feel a little numb/tingly when you're using it. It's quite annoying but if it results in better cleaning, which I think it does, then perhaps it's tolerable.

I think most people would be pleased with the product, but one does need to be careful and not brush too hard. The brush does have a light up feature for the clueless, which issues a red light if you do brush too hard.

The brush gives good cleaning results. The 30 second timer feature is intended to guide the user into spending 30 seconds on each quadrant of the mouth. I wouldn't be bothered with that, but the interruptions to the motor operation are so discreet you hardly notice it. The recharge time is a crazy 17 hours, which seems ridiculous. The brush handle features two lights to indicate on-charge and low battery warning. The kit with the brush is no frills but is all I would look for - a basic, low profile charger unit, with no facility to store brush heads (you need to upgrade by increments if you want an open holder, and upgrade again to get a covered holder unit), and two standard brush heads. I'd already bought my sensitive brush heads at Boots online, which seems to be the only place you can get them at the moment.

In short then, I am a little apprehensive about the power of this brush and the effect on my receding gumlines. I would therefore not recommend this product but would be very happy to recommend the next product up, the 2000, which has the standard and sensitive settings, which I now believe not to be a gimmick but a useful option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally unrelaible, 29 Dec. 2012
I have had two of these toothbrushes and they have both stopped charging after a short time. If you google "Braun toothbrush will not charge" you will find many people have had the same problem with various Braun toothbrush models. This is a faulty product, waste of money, do not buy. Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable ToothbrushBraun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head.