Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 582 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the third Braun electic toothbush I have used and its the best. After using it just once I could feel the difference on my teeth - it removes so much plaque.

It may be an entry level model but it has all the features that are really needed from the built-in pressure sensor so you don't brush to hard, the indicator light so that you know the battery is running low to the 30 second interval sound to you are reminded to move on to another quadrant of your mouth.

There are two brush heads included in the package which have blue indicator bristles which fade over three months to remind you to change the head.

This brush has a thinner handle and lighter than my previous electric toothbursh which is very useful to me as I have problems with my hands. The toothbrush was quick to charge and holds the charge well so the brush works as well at the end of the week as at the beginning.

The only problem I had is not with the toothbrush itself but with the packaging it is supplied in. Be prepared to struggle as the box is encased in a very tough sealed plastic case which was difficult to get scissors in to cut off at least the version I was sent.
33 comments| 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a good electric toothbrush & it does a good job. It has made my toothbrushing routine fun & organised. I used to dread brushing my teeth, but now I look forwards to it as I don't have to think about if I have brushed enough, have applied too little/too much pressure, AND I know I have brushed all parts of my teeth!

I really like that:

PROFESSIONAL TIMER
*it has a 4 point cleaning reminders that every 30 seconds it does a little stutter to clean the 4 quarters of your mouth (ie. does a little stutter every 30 seconds to remind you to move on to another section) & a double stutter at the end of the 2 minute recommnded cleaning time.
Also, the timer memorises the elapsed brushing time, so even if the brush is turned off briefly. Unless if the brush is turned off for more than 30 seconds, whence it'll reset itself.

*it is gentle & does not feel like you're brushing your teeth too harshly.

*cleans very well with minimum effort (very good for me as I hate brushing my teeth!

NOTE:

"PRESSURE SENSOR"
This product is supposed to have a "pressure sensor" which protects your teeth & gum from excessive brushing, so if you apply too much pressure, the oscillating movement will continue but the pulsation will stop. I couldn't "sense" this system working even after trying too much pressure on purpose. It just carried on as before but it just felt like the brushing is restricted.

"Charging"
It says that initially charge this product for minimum 12 hours & the charger's green flashing light will continue flashing until fully charged. Well, mine hasn't stopped flashing even though I have been chraging it for over 24 hours.
In fact, it just flashes all the time. I donot know if this is due to my electric shaver's charging unit which is old.

Overall, a good electric toothbrush.
+ it's fairly good value also as it's half the RRP at Amazon at the moment.
on 20 March 2010
This is the best Braun Oral B I've had so far (been using them for years). Much less cumbersome to hold than the Vitality range, and gets into all the dental nooks and crannies thanks to the small head which can even brush the "back ends" of my 4 wisdom teeth squeaky clean without making me gag.

Lightweight, easy to clean, lasts a week without need for re-charging. The charging light is really useful so no more dying motor half way round, and the stuttering after 30 seconds for each "quadrant" stops me over-brushing. I find it charges up just as fast as the previous models, so no problems there.

The only downside? ...A pair of industrial cutters and some protective gloves would have been very useful in trying to get into the almost impenetrable outer plastic packaging - but with brute strength and determination I got in eventually. The bleeding stopped quite quickly, and I only needed two plasters... My fault for attacking it too enthusiastically... In retrospect I'd suggest a "stanley" type blade to cut round all 4 sides so that the two halves slide off cleanly, rather than attack with kitchen scissors (as I did), as the lethal jagged plastic edges do tend to fight back... But well worth it - teeth feel fabulously clean. Highly recommended.
on 20 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having tried various electric toothbrushes in the past, I have always preferred my Oral-B one due to its ease of use, reliability and how effective it is at cleaning my teeth and removing plaque (in comparison to a normal toothbrush).

Compared to my earlier model, the improvements here are a light which indicates when the brush is fully charged and the timer which sounds at 30-second intervals (to remind you to brush the four quadrants of your mouth). There is also a red indicator which starts blinking when the battery is low.

The booklet gives clear instructions on how to use this toothbrush - even if you've never used an electric toothbrush before it won't take long to get to grips with it. Another impressive feature is the built-in pressure sensor which helps protect your gums from excessive brushing - the idea is to let the brush do the work and not to press too hard.

The package includes two brush heads - these need replacing every 3 months or so and the blue indicator on the bristles fades which will give you an idea of when to change.

Overall I am thoroughly impressed with this model and would strongly recommend it as a good entry level battery powered toothbrush.
on 4 May 2011
I have never used an electric toothbrush before but my dentist recommended I buy one as I was brushing to hard with a regular toothbrush. I researched for ages as there were so many different makes and models. I decided on this toothbrush based on other people's reviews so I hope this review helps you make your decision! The toothbrush is fantastic. My teeth feel really clean afterwards and this came with two different types of head. One is just a regular one and the other is more like flossing. New heads are easy and relatively cheap to buy and come with different colour bands that you can add so that you don't need a toothbrush for each family member, they just need their own head. It charges quickly, is easy to clean and it pauses for a second every 30 seconds so you know how long you are spending cleaning each section of your mouth. I would definitely recommend this item!
on 22 October 2010
I must admit I tried an electric toothbrush several years ago, but just did not find it doing anything better than a well used manual. Then recently I started to get a little concious about needing to get my teeth that little bit cleaner, so took the plunge.

You get two heads, the toothbrush main body, the charger and not a fat lot in the way of instructions. Braun follows the usual blanket market in the EU by having a leaflet with a dozen different languages, but not what you would hope in the way of instructions.

We all should know how to brush our teeth, but that is with a manual toothbrush, so I think the main moan here is that the leaflet should be more detailed to enable you to get the most from the toothbrush.

And that would have been enough to rate this below five stars but for the performance. You might get some bleeding of the gums when you first start to use it - but my dentist had already forewarned me of that happening when you floss, so actually I took that as a good sign.

After a few weeks use I can honestly say it works. It does make your teeth feel and look cleaner. Your gums feel better and I like the way the toothbrush 'times' for each 'quarter' of your mouth so you ACTUALLY brush for two minutes properly.

Worth the money and I do wish I could have got one of these years ago.
on 17 September 2010
Bought this to replace an older model. Do not wate money on expensive toothbrushes. I always adv my patients to buy the cheapest rechargable - that's what I do. Anything else is a waste of money.
on 19 October 2009
We took advantage of the special offer to reoplace our ailing old Braun Oral-B toothbrush with this model. As we just wanted a basic electric toothbrush and as we were happy with our previous one, we picked the model with the nearest in specification to the old one. However this is an improvement in every respect; faster cleaning action, better battery life, 30 second reminders, effective low charge warning. Great value for money.
on 28 April 2016
Mostly the same as the one we have had for five years and the one we had for five years before that. They just seem to get cheaper and I notice this one has a 0.9w charger instead of 1.2w
The plug is interesting. A 2pin UK square plug with a fold-out third earth pin. I might cut it off and put a normal round 2pin on because it won't fit any razor sockets I have ever seen,
on 29 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this toothbrush as a spare to take with me on various trips. It's a bit no fills, but then how many frills do you need on a toothbrush? You get a single cleaning mode, a timer, and a warning when the battery is low.

If you're looking for a simple electric toothbrush which does what it needs to without breaking the bank, this is the one.