I bought this for my Nokia N900 even though the product description doesn't mention it. It too takes BL-5Js.

Published on 26 Jan 2010 by Fanis

1.0 out of 5 stars not original! beware
not original battery! it lasts approx 5hrs on standby on full charge!
bought it for my nokia 5800 but original battery, even though 2.5yr old, still lasts me 1 days normal usage (mainly ovi maps)
0 Stars. avoid at all costs.
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by Syd

1.0 out of 5 stars not original! beware, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
not original battery! it lasts approx 5hrs on standby on full charge!
0 Stars. avoid at all costs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement battery but won't charge using portable charger, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)

It was shipped quickly and after using it for about a week it seems to last the same as the N900's included Nokia battery. It looks exactly the same as the included battery. The only difference is that the included one says "Made in China" whereas this one says "Made in Korea. Further processed in China".

My only concern is that it won't charge using the PortaPow USB Battery that I bought as a backup charger. I'm not sure if it's an issue with is the PortaPow or with this battery, but substituting back the original Nokia battery that came with the phone got the PortaPow working immediately.

Otherwise I am happy with this purchase. It is very good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, do not buy., 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this to replace the original battery in my 5230. It seemed O.K. at first but then died without warning (as other reviewers have found) after about a day. I am not a heavy user. The original battery still lasts over 2 days, despite being over 2 years old. Looking closely at this battery I don't think it is genuine NOKIA, the hologram looks wrong. I did not return the battery as it was so cheap, but I don't (can't) use it anymore. Got a very good genuine (and higher capacity) from ASDA mobile for a reasonable price in the end which I am very happy with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not keep charge. Possibly used not new., 18 April 2012
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Totally useless item! 1st one was replaced by seller as it needed charging 9 times in 11 days (I'm not a 'heavy' mobile phone user), 2nd one was no better at all. Think these are used or Grade A, not new. Or possibly not genuine? Avoid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the battery that came with my phone, 10 Aug 2010
Andy Millea - See all my reviews
Great product, stuck it in my Nokia 5230 yesterday morning (Monday) and is still on full charge as I write this (9pm Tuesday) the battery that came with the phone would be down a bar or two by now. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not seem to be genuine - CAVEAT EMPTOR!, 28 July 2012
S. Zacharias "5telios" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The battery is worse after one week than the original battery it was bought to replace. It won't hold a charge and will suddenly die without warning... rip-off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
It is working well in my Nokia 5800 and I cannot tell any difference from the original. I wanted it to keep going with GPS etc for my cycle ride of 4.5 hours and it was fine. It still had capacity left so I was very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Took a while but was worth the wait., 26 July 2010
Alan Smithee (Amersfoort, Holland.) - See all my reviews
Brand new battery, very good and prompt responses from seller - has pride of place in my collection. Good price too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Item had all the hallmarks of a previous life, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nokia BL-5J (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is by far the worst treatment I have had on the internet so far, even blatant.
On receiving the purchased battery BL-5J for my Nokia Lumia 520 mobile I noticed the battery was badly scuffed looking decidedly like it had a previous life. This was made more suspicious by the fact that the Amps-per-hour capacity rating written on these batteries was lower than standard Nokia batteries on sale elsewhere and on other ones I had in the house. Therefore this further indicated to me this was an old battery the seller (Mania Electronics) was trying to sell to a unsuspecting customer. Fortunately as an electronics engineer the circumstantial tell-tale signs were not difficult to spot.
Anyway inserted the battery and it didn't surprise me that after 10 hours it was still dead. I then took it out re-seated it and tried again, still dead. So from my perspective not only had the evidence shown to me that circumstantially this battery had been previously used (if not certainly abused) but that it was also dead.
On contacting the company I got a poorly written email back through Amazon indicating the seller had a poor grasp of English contradicting itself; their comment stated: "Battery is not used but i believe what you said". Their suggested attempt at solving my problem was to try charging for 8 hours and then if that fails try charging again for 12hours. My electronic experience immediately told me I was dealing with people who clearly hadn't a clue. Removing and re-inserting the battery would have been a sensible suggestion to the customer (me), as the customer may not have made a good enough connection with the battery the first time. But why after failing to charge a battery after 8 hours (when signs of life should have been apparent after about 3 or 4 hours) I should now try again but this time for 12 hours (4 hours longer), as if length of time might shock it back into life, beats my electronic expertise.
Anyway some recompense was that they were going to send me another battery and at the same time give me my money back, which is only what I would have expected for the hassle I went to investigating their dubious battery. Unfortunately, almost predictably, the second battery has never arrived and it is this audacity that has prompted this negative review.
Will never buy from this company Mania Electronics again.

5.0 out of 5 stars ECELENT PRODUCT, 26 Oct 2011
I bought this product when insurance company did not return my original battery. I'm however pleasd with this product. It charges and works really well. I am happy with how long it last after charging. I highly recoomend this product to anyone who needs a replacement battery.

Nokia BL-5J