4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
Published on 26 Aug 2009 by Sixties fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what you'd expect, but a good effort.
I'd been wanting to get this movie for ages, so when my Mum came home with it as a present my younger sister and I were over the moon. The trailers for the film were hilarious, and the main seller for us was that it starred Kevin James. This was obviously going to be one of the funniest films of the year.

I really wanted to like this film, I did. It was full of...
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by Charly Dunning

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 26 Aug 2009
I try to get films that the whole family would enjoy including the grown ups. My 3 children (9,10 and 13) begged me to watch this film. The trailer for the film did not inspire me to want to get it, but I caved in and got this from my local video store. While it may not be the greatest film ever, it exceeded my expectations. It was nice to see that the hero of the film was not your average muscular hero and the setting for the film is different to any other film to date. The one negative thing I could say about the film was the plot. If it had a rewrite or 2 it could have been an all time classic. There was nothing in the film that I found unsuitable for my children. All in all it was a perfect family film. My children commented that I laughed a few times as well. I try not to watch the same film twice but if it came on the telly in a few years time I imagine that I would be tempted to watch it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really funny spoof, 9 April 2010
This review is from: Paul Blart - Mall Cop [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I had quite low expectations of this film and about half an hour in I was considering switching it off. Then all of a sudden, BAM! I found myself watching the most hilarious spoof of Die Hard. As someone who has seen Die Hard a whole bunch of times I was able to spot all kinds of subtle in jokes as well as all the obvious ones.
Kevin James has always been a very good comic actor and he's perfectly cast in this. It's fine family entertainment and had me in hysterics for the whole of the last hour. Good light fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A film that you can watch with the family and have fun, 16 Aug 2009
S. Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
This film won't win any Oscars but it certainly scores as an amusing feel-good film that the whole family can laugh out loud with! These films are few and far between. Don't take it too seriously - it certainly doesn't take itself seriously! My teenagers ranging in age from 15-19 and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mall Cop is a must buy, 17 July 2010
Susan E. Terrell (Corpus Christi, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
Ordered this for my mother. It is a very funny film. She enjoyed it very much and we could not stop laughing. Would recommend this film. The DVD arrived quickly after I ordered it through Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haha, a fun film with lots of comedy charm, 23 Mar 2010
maximus (manchester, uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Paul Blart - Mall Cop [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
First time I saw this, I took my nephew to see it at the cinema. I enjoyed it a lot then (with some surprise ...). So I bought it on Blu-ray recently and watched it again. I liked it just as much as the first time and there is a hidden charm to this which I think is with the well thought out characters, and the brilliant Kevin James. I think there is a sense of familiarity and even domesticity about it being in a shopping mall, something familiar to most people these days, seen from the point of view of those who work there, which is slightly different to other Mall based films I can mention (but don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some of those too). If you want a film that you can easily enjoy, and also watch again and again when the mood takes you, this is excellent and also super value for money given it's on Blu-ray.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious comedy surprise, 3 May 2009
Dr Evil (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' stars Kevin James as Blart, a security guard at his local shopping mall who has trouble getting into the police force due to his hypoglycemia. One day, on the infamous Black Friday, a group of robbers holds up the mall and takes some hostages, including Blart's love interest Amy and also his daughter. Blarts takes the law into his own hands and tries to help save the day.

Another reviewer on here summed this film up perfectly when they said that this was a cross between Die Hard and Home Alone (with a dash of Police Academy) as that was exactly what I was thinking the whole time I was watching this, and those being two brilliants films in their own right, then how could this go wrong?! Personally I wasn't expecting much from this film as I hadn't really heard of it and it looked like the kind of film that is just at the cinema for a week then forgotten about but this was brilliant! I laughed out loud so many times, I can't remember finding a film this funny since watching the likes of Superbad and Anchorman well over a year ago. Blart is lovable and stupid, making him a character you can't help but like and feel sorry for and the ways he takes on the robbers is hilarious.

There's nothing in this film that would stop me from saying that this could be enjoyed by all the family so I highly recommend seeing this as soon as possible as it was excellent. I just hope that Kevin James becomes a household name as he is well up there with comedians like Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy Caper, 21 Jun 2012
Don't expect too much from this film, you'll be disappointed!
However, if you're looking for a lighthearted Home Alone style caper that the whole family can enjoy - Paul Blart Mall Cop is the movie for you.

Paul Blart is a gormless but nice security guard at the mall, whose life is turned upside down when he not only meets a beautiful woman who seems to like him in return, but when skateboard riding thieves take over the mall and take Amy (the love interest), and Maia, Blart's daughter hostage. Paul Blart finds the hero inside himself, cue an hour and a half of hilarious hijinks as he chases down the bad guys and saves the women he loves!

The kids found this funnier than I did, but it passed the time, and I would watch it more than once, but only with the children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mall Cop, 14 May 2011
Paul Blart: Mall Cop Movie Poster
Mall Cop,
Really Good Pathos-Hero.
Worth Getting.
Really Funny 10/10 Top Notch.
P,S I got Pal Version allways check if its NTSC=North America.
(Region 1)(=NTSC Dvd,s America)
(Region 2) (Pal=UK.Dvd,S Uk)

4.0 out of 5 stars Diehard in a mall, 1 May 2011
I was expecting this to be a truly dire attempt at a comedy, but was pleasantly surprised. It's funny for all the right reasons as it mixes laughs with action. I don't have any regrets purchasing this little gem of a movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what you'd expect, but a good effort., 31 Jan 2011

I really wanted to like this film, I did. It was full of things you'd want in a film, clean humour, great story & character and physical comedy. What more would you want?

Sadly though, there was something that didn't quite work with this film. The physical comedy was hilarious yes, but other than Kevin James & Jayma Mays, the acting, for me anyway, was not very good. It seemed very... staged. There seemed to be a lack of comedic timing from any of the other actors.

The idea of the film is a brilliant one, a mall cop/officer who desperately wants to become a state trooper but has failed in his attempts due to his hyperglycaemia. Only Blart seems to take his job seriously, however his dedication to the job finally pulls off when a team of thugs raid the mall and take hostages. It's up to Blart to save the day and win the girl.

As others have said, I could have definitely seen John Candy doing this very film. And if he had done it, it would probably have worked. But, considering that there was a writers strike during the writing of this film (which was done by Kevin James Nick Bakay, who is also the producer of the film) I think they did very well.

There are a few special features on the DVD, which include:

Deleted Scenes, Action Sport Junkies, Stunts, On Set With Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla, Fun on Set, Mike V vs. Mall Cop, Mall Cop Response, Free Running vs. Parkour, Thoughts With Kevin James, Sugar.

ARRAY(0xb4384630)

Paul Blart - Mall Cop [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Paul Blart - Mall Cop [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Jamal Mixon (Blu-ray - 2009)
6.83