5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present
I chose this as a 40th birthday present for my husband and he loved it, it is really good quality and also looks good. It's quite big so not ideal for putting on the dressing table. The drawer at the bottom is also very handy for cuff links etc.
Published on 10 May 2012 by Mrs B-Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch winder
I wanted a watch winder and took a punt on the Time Tutelary KA073. Even though its plastic it doesnt look too cheap and the motor is quiet enough not to disturb me on my bedside cabinet. It has four settings but i use the 3 hours on and 9 hours off and has kept my watches keeping good time. Overall a good buy.
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by Lee Mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch winder, 5 Sep 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, not perfect........., 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
The product does work but it did state that it was "suited" to Rolex and Breitling watches. The latter fits fine but the metal bracelet on the Rolex is too big for the pad that fits into the unit. The consequence is that the watch "flops" around during the winding operation.
That said, although the unit is made of plastic it does look stylish and feels good too (apart from a floppy watch).

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present, 10 May 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but not happy!, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
Although this watch wonder looks very nice and seemed to work really well, the bits for the watches to go in are too close together. This has now caused my husbands very expensive watches to rub against each other and mark one of them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and great value for money, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
I have two Borrben & Zorweg Time Mover watch winders which cost me ridiculous amounts. After two years one died and the other is so noisy I had to move it from the bedroom. I bought this winder as a replacement for the broken one. Having read the mixed reviews I took a punt and I am glad I did. It is flimsy looking by comparison to the expensive ones but this doesn't cost £800+ so you really shouldn't be comparing.

They do the job well, are pretty quiet and they look good. I've had two for about a year and no problems.

I'd recommend this product as a well priced functional item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
Bought this for Breitling watch. Sits in the bedroom so very quiet and keeps perfect time on my watch. ?Looks like a jewellery case so ok to have on show. Would definitely recommend this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
Excellent item, silent, the pads are small, but I find them fine as it is for two ladies automatic watches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but far from perfect not good for heavy watches., 18 May 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
Arrived very promptly, rather bigger than I expected but very smart and a nice finish, watch draw with three separated spaces. It also displays the watches being wound rather nicely. Watch cushions a little small but I have big wrists so for a lot of people probably ok? Either way this is easily fixed, I used some self adhesive draft excluder tape which solved the problem and does not show as it sits under the strap. My one complaint is the watch slots are a little close, solved with most of my watches by fitting the left one upside down and so having the crown pointing away from the other watch. I have two watches that do get a little close when in the winder at the same time even with one upside down, again here a sticky plaster will prevent rubbing. Has cost it a star though even at the I think reasonable price.

A bit more info, had it a couple of months now and starting to judder and get very noisy. If you have a heavy watch I realise now that you need to counter balance it in the other slot, I strongly recommend that you take the trouble to weigh the watch and try your best to achieve a good counter balance, I now use euro coins in fact two euro coins ( heavier ) takes about five in my particular case, which I push down in the slot of the lighter watch to achieve this, has improved it greatly but possibly too late to save mine.

Even more! OK, so the truth is that this watch winder is just not up to heavy watches, I have a Sea master planet ocean chronograph and this is just too heavy for the machine. The problem stems from too much slack where the rotating wheel goes through the bearing, this needs to be a tighter fit so the rotating wheel does not rub and Jam up. In desperation I stripped mine down and that's when I found the fault. It can be cured by filing down the top surfaces where the wheel joins the drive, this allows the screw to pull the wheel tighter onto the bearing. I also wrapped a piece of Sellotape round the shaft before tightening the screw, this took out any remaining slack and stops the wheel jamming when using with heavy watches..

So? My final word, if you have very heavy watches do not buy this winder, if you have already purchased and have the same problem this is how you cure it.

I do however believe that for normal weight watches it will do the job, just be advised.

PS: ended up using a bit of one of the draw separators to keep them from rubbing sticky plaster did not work out great.

I have re-rated to three stars from an original four.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
This watch winder is good value for money. It arrived promptly and well packaged - as usual from Amazon. The only downside is that it is a little noisy in operation to have next to the bed. I've put it in my study next to my 4 watch winder (which was much more expensive) and it doesn't look that much different. A very nice present for my wife to keep her 2 automatics on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Winder Box, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073 (Watch)
After looking through the various internet sites at watch winder boxes and realising the huge disparity in prices (and becoming more and more confused!), I had a look at the Amazon site. This particular box was shown to be half price and it looked to be just what I wanted with a good specification. It looks rather classy and operates extremely quietly. In my opinion, it was an excellent choice and I would recommend it.In addition, I found the service from Amazon second to none.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Time Tutelary Dual Watch Winder with Drawer KA073
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available