5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any avid reader
I bought this for my father who's always having to take notes from the latest tome he's reading. He's found it really useful. It's capable of holding some very thick books!
Published on 26 Feb 2010 by C. MCGINTY

3.0 out of 5 stars Innovative product but quality control disappoints
Very innovative product and offers an elegant and simple solution to a common problem. I liked the fact that it looks good and is versatile in fitting different sizes of books. I ordered 2 of these for my kids and one of them came without the screws included or fitted. I would've happily fit the screws myself if they were sent or if I had them in my house but that wasn't...
Published 14 months ago by Ravi Vemuri

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any avid reader, 26 Feb 2010
C. MCGINTY (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wooden Reading Rest - Adjustable Cookbook Holder (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for students, 12 Oct 2009
I have been using this book stand for about a week now, and it has been great! I have used it for both paperbacks and hardbacks and it works perfectly fine with both types. The product itself is very high quality, it's quite light, so I will take it on my trips with me as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Item, 7 July 2010
Having suffered an arm and neck injury mid-way through a History Degree requiring lots of reading, I required to find a solution to my problem. I found it in this great little item. Compact and well made it is more than able to cope with my weighty tomes without taking up much space and folds away for neat storage, I will continue to use this long after I have recovered. I would heartly recommend this, a really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Reading Rest, 10 Dec 2010
My wife is an insatiable reader and this, together with her university studies requires a lot of written research, she's always got at least one book propped up in front of her. For ages, she managed with a cheap plastic light-weight book-stand that broke several times and was crudely fixed. It didn't work well with anything larger than a small well-behaved book, it looked pretty dreadful and, due to it's weight, size and construction, it had a tendency to fall over a lot. After reading all the glowing reviews, I bought my wife this wooden item as a little pressie. It's possibly too much to say it's the best thing I've ever bought but it's definately up near the top of the list. In short - it's brilliant! It looks great, it's sturdy, big enough to handle really big books including massive cookery-type manuals etc, fully adjustable and folds flat when not in use. However, partly because it's never out of use in my house and the fact that it looks so good - it's good enough to always have on display. It's a bit pricey but I really don't think anyone would regret buying this item. I'm seriously thinking about getting another one as I'm not likely to be able to borrow this one for the foreseeable future! I hope this helps you to make your mind up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading stand!, 12 Oct 2010
This reading stand is best for substantial books. It can support books of 1000 pages plus with no problems at all. I can fit a heavy 1350-page coursebook on it comfortably. For small books it's a case of overkill. (But why buy a reading stand for flimsy little paperbacks anyway?) It's also very attractive and solid. It has three possible viewing positions, with good variation of angle. It's extremely useful when you're using it alongside a computer screen, as you can set up your book at a similar angle to the screen. Excellent product - highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent choice, 3 April 2010
A. Duszak (UK) - See all my reviews
This stand is absolutely wonderful. It looks better than on the picture, very elegant piece of furniture, holds well large and small books,also those very thick ( 500-600 pages). Ideal for as a gif for a book lover or student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Item, 2 Oct 2009
This a lovely item. It is well made. Holds a my medium sizes cookbooks ( approx 375 pages). It is handy to be able to adjust the angle.
It is nicely finished underneath so that it will not scratch a nice table.
I only wish that It was supplied with a very thin piece of acrylic for those times when you might splash the page with some ingredients.
Buy It anyway it is so nice.
I am off to order one for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific product, 9 July 2010
J. R. Fitzgerald (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a terrific book stand. It's very easy to use on any size of book. I would thoroughly recommend it, whether you are in a chair or in bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars wooden book stand, 3 July 2010
I bought this wooden bookstand, not for holding recipe books while cooking, but to use while I take notes as I work. It has been absolutely perfect. Its features include two adjustments of book angle, swivel arms to keep pages open and a wide shelf able to hold large and heavy books. It also is well designed so that it folds to become very compact and I'm even thinking of taking it with me when I work in the library. It is fantastic and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, sturdy, elegant, 26 Jan 2011
G. King "gk100" (York) - See all my reviews
This is a really good book stand, able to cope with pretty big books. Definitely better than the plastic "spectacle frame" stands I have used in the past and well worth the price.