Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 26 September 2002
Unused as I am to 'Music Speak' I'm afraid you'll have to put up with a musically illiterate review.
Kathryn Tickell has produced an excellent collection of traditional folk music. I have long been searching for such an album. My interest was aroused by a televison programme in which her love of and search for the traditional was discussed.I have not been disapointed in this selection of songs, reels and airs.
For those of you looking for folk music as it used to be - this is for you. Heart wrenching pipe music on the gentle Northumbrian pipes, foot tapping reels 'tae gar ye loup - so, loup awa!' and interesting unaccompanied songs are what you will discover and enjoy on this interesting CD. Lovers of Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh traditional music will recognise and relate to much of this collection, borders melt as much of the vernacular will be familiar to English and Scot alike.
Listen to this album and rediscover folk music - a music form that reaches out and touches you as no other does.
on 6 June 2013
Loved It. A wonderful collection of Northumbrian songs performed with love from Katherine and other fine northern musicians. Just the right combination of reels, slow haunting ballads and excellent vocals. Anyone with a love of folk music will love it too. Listening to this this cd whilst writing this, and it takes me back to memories of Newbiggin, Druridge Bay and the Cheviots.
on 10 April 2012
captivated by the unique sound of the Northumbrian pipes since university days in Newcastle haunting and lyrical - like the voices of the Unthank Sisters A lovely escape to the past
on 20 February 2013
Always like listening to Kathryn Tickell and this collection is the best I have heard yet. A mixture of songs and tunes a on a variety of instruments.
on 2 July 2012
Really good CD. Some really excellent tracks.
Good traditional tunes that capture the landscape and spirit of Northumbia.
Will seek to buy similar KT CDs with this type of music
on 4 March 2014
I originally began looking for this music as a present, but having listened to a few pieces, decided that it would make a better present for me! I also like the fact that I got a download on to Amazon cloud.
on 5 August 2013
Swift delivery, so able to listen to music which I knew little about....earlier than I`d thought.
An enjoyable, nostalgic collection. Not an every day listen for me, but like it.
on 17 August 2014
If you love the small pipes and the voices of Northumberland then this is for you. Little else to be said.
on 5 March 2015
Excellent cd just what it says on the tin. Arrived early and in good condition
on 24 October 2014
Excellent CD if you like this type of music.