Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 27 December 2009
Purchased the SX415 as replacement for a Lexmark X73 which died after a good few years of service.
Easy setup and a lot more compact than the Lexmark and for the features really good
value for money purchased from Amazon.
Excellent text printing very sharp and precise including where colour involved.
Photo printing also great even at ordinary setting - very sharp and good colour
reproduction.
Only one small niggle concerning margins but found solution eventually on one of the page setup pages. Now perfect.
Just a warning - when the printer starts to print the sudden noise as the paper feeds may cause you to jump as well.
on 2 January 2010
I have always been wary of buying an all-in-one printer but this machine is fast and reliable and I like the viewing window it has attached to it. This means that you do not have to turn your computer on to do every item that you need to copy. It is excellent vallue for the money.
on 29 January 2010
Purchased the SX 415 to replace my late trusty, time served Stylus Colour 680. Took the opportunity to also replace my Cannon Flatbed Scanner. I have not been disappointed and think that I have made an excellent upgrade. Yes the initial paper take up is a bit clunky but you soon get used to it and general operation is reasonably quiet. Build quality is good the software installation was straight forward.
For my type of usage, ie. general printing, scanning and photo reproduction, I would thoroughly recommend this product.
on 19 January 2010
Got this printer about a week ago and it's been great. I am a mac user and the set up was easy. I have printed and scanned documents without any problems though I haven't printed photos yet. The inks seem to be lasting but that may well change when I print a photo or two. As for the noise? Yes, it is a bit noisy but c'mon. Go back ten years and we'd be paying a lot more money for a lot more noise. I was sitting not five feet from it the other day talking on the phone and the person on the other end never commented so I'm not going to take any stars away for that. I have always had Epson and, while there may be quieter printers out there, at this price you are not going to do better. It's a quality wee printer for home / family use with some decent software too. If it stays around this price, you could do a lot worse.
on 30 January 2010
I bought this printer to replace a Lexmark, which was becoming extremely unreliable and had very expensive cartridges. Excellent value for money and very stylish. The only complaint I would have would be that on the initial feed in of paper it does make a very loud noise that sounds like heavy chains falling and, although I am expecting it, still makes me jump! Considering how quiet it is during the actual printing process and subsequent feeds of paper, I cannot work out why the first feed is so noisy!
However, having said that, the quality and speed of the printing is very good, the set up is easy and the cartridges much cheaper to replace individually or as a pack than my previous printer.
Please note though, this printer DOES NOT COME WITH A LEAD TO CONNECT IT TO YOUR COMPUTER, so if you are buying a printer for first time and choose this one, and not just unplugging a previous printer so you can use your existing cable (like I did), you will need to BUY A LEAD BEFORE YOU CAN PRINT!!!
This was excellent value for money and I am glad that I made the decision to buy, and thank all those for their honest reviews that allowed me to make an informed decision.
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2009
I have had a few Epson printers over the years.This is the best one so far.Good looking and very easy to use.I have been disappointed with the other models and found them difficult to get on with.Always going wrong when least expected.
Although it is early days yet I can tell it is going to be a good one.So pleased with performance so far.An attractive price too.
on 27 December 2009
I have had two previous Epson printers and confess this is mainly due to the ridiculously low price of printer ink (albeit compatibles) compared to most other manufacturers. That said this was easy to install and very quick too. I was expecting a long winded process as I had on my last Epson but this was a welcome relief.
I previously had an R300 and in comparison this prints like an express train although it sounds rather like an old steam engine (hence 4 out of 5). That said the quality was very good. I test printed a colour photo in both Best Photo and Text & Image and found the difference was very noticeable, but that is to be expected. The Best photo was remarkably good, but remember that is with the Epson own ink that comes with the printer. Scanning was very good as was copying. Overall I'm delighted with this; a Christmas gift worth having.
on 9 April 2010
Bought this as a replacement for a 5 year old Epson CX3200 that has given up the ghost.

Set up was easy on Vista, although I did download the latest drivers and software form the Epson site rather than use the CD provided.
Print quality is excellent for both photos and documents.
Speed, although nowhere near to Epson's stated speeds, is acceptable for home use.
Easy to use, with the additional advanced options (paper type, quality etc) to perfect your printing as necessary.
It is a bit noisy when turning on (when the print heads align) and when loading the paper, and it is best located on a stable surface as is it can cause some vibration when printing (as the print head moves from side to side), but no more than other inkjets I've known.
Not tried the scanner/copier functions yet so can't comment on this bit.

Overall I woould recommend this printer for anyone looking to spend around £50 on a printer, plus you get a scanner/copier as well.

Regarding other reviewers comments about ink usage, the first time it is used the (empty) print heads get loaded with ink so there is an initial high ink usage. This, linked to the fact it is well known the manufacturers (not just Epson) don't ship with full cartridges, means is not surprising the first set of cartridges don't last as long as subsequent ones. Additionally you can always use draft mode for printing text when quality is not a problem and this will save ink.

To reiterate other's comments, IT DOES NOT COME WITH A CABLE to connect to a PC so if this is your first printer you will need to buy one as well. It's a standard USB A-B cable that you can find on here for a quid or so for a basic one. If you intend to print direct from memory cards/cameras then you won't need one immediately.
on 21 November 2009
very good value , tends to be a bit noisy when printing, pleased with purchase
on 4 January 2010
Excellent printer does exactly what I want it for. No problems with it at all and the replacement inks are good value for money.

See one answered question