4.0 out of 5 stars flip video
bought this product to use on my grandaughter , i find it fantastic as
it just slips in my pocket and i take it every where with me for that
unpredicted moment !!

then i just plug it in the computer and it instantly
produces the video , which i make into a movie and send to my daughter in australia !!
my only negative is that it hasnt got...
Published on 27 Oct 2009 by garf

3.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget but it eats AA batteries
Got this for my youngest daughter. Its a great piece of kit but it does eat the AA batteries supplied with it. It also goes off with no battery warning and you think its broken. If you are buying - make sure you buy the optional rechargeable battery pack to charge from the USB.
Published on 4 Jan 2011 by R. Welsh

4.0 out of 5 stars flip video, 27 Oct 2009
garf (scunthorpe) - See all my reviews
bought this product to use on my grandaughter , i find it fantastic as
it just slips in my pocket and i take it every where with me for that
unpredicted moment !!

then i just plug it in the computer and it instantly
my only negative is that it hasnt got a battery meter on it so u never know when
its going to run out , but its not run out on me yet it gets more use than my camcorder ever did !! good product ###

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip Camcorder, 5 Oct 2009
N. Siddle (Spain) - See all my reviews
Bought this for relatives birthday. Read quite a few bad reviews and to be honest, don't know what they were using but this little gadget is amazing!!
Alright, if you're a budding movie producer and want video footage that is second to none then this is probably not for you, you'll need your normal camcorder BUT to pop this in your pocket when you're out and about to catch those moments you normally wouldn't have a camcorder on you it's brilliant. Good price, quality fine for what it's use was intended for and think everyone should have one!! My relative takes it everywhere now....going to order one for myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for an amazingly portable device!, 9 Dec 2009
R. WEST-SOLEY "Rich West-Soley" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this as a present for my mother, who is no PC expert - and as such, it had to be easy to use. And it is! Absolutely brilliant design, it's really as simple as pressing a button to start and again to stop. And getting it onto the PC (and then onto YouTube etc.) is made completely easy too, with just about everything available as a one-(or two!)-click function. We got to grips with it immediately, no fuss as all, and Mum is now happily using it all the time on holidays, etc. - and it just slips into her handbag, it's so small.

I was worried that such a portable, 'user-friendly' device might have scrimped on video / audio quality, but I have to say that it's really impressive on both fronts, given the size and price. The built in microphone pics up sound well in both small room and concert-type settings - we're more than happy with the results we've got.

Brilliant piece of kit for beginners or enthusiasts who want quality and portability in one device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money - and how cool!, 19 Aug 2009
Length:: 3:50 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lightweight video camera, 23 Oct 2009
A. Hamilton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flip Video Ultra Camcorder, 2nd Generation With 4GB Memory - White (Electronics)
We purchased this camera as it really seemed to fit our requirements for a non HD camera, that would take AA batteries (when you are away from a laptop and USB this is really helpful).

Video quality in all light conditions is excellent, and the sound (stereo) is super. Very clear and not at all splashy.
The fact that it starts in 4 seconds and is ready to shoot 2 hours of content means that this is a must carry item when out and about.

Uploading and managing files using Flipshare is a cinch, and really makes this an easy way to share video content with friends, family and the world (via email, youtube or facebook et.al. integration).

Downsides are few, given the cheap cost and exceptional video quality. Maybe the zoom is only digital, and it can be a bit jiggly when moving, but these are small compromises for the simplicity and ease of use that this affords all users.
Kids, adults and technophobes can operate this with no fear at all.

Thoroughly recommended and would buy another without hesitation. Maybe a different colour though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip Video Ultra Camcorder 2nd Generation with 4GB Memory, 1 Sep 2009
A great new toy. Great picture quality and idiot proof. Simply connect to computer using built in Flip USB and start creating your own movies and cards. I love it because it is so easy to use and fits into the smallest of handbags. It runs on AA batteries which last for hours (approx 5hrs). Very discreet (not too in your face) which allows you to film anywhere. The perfect gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip ultra 2 is fantastic - especially the software, 14 Sep 2009
William Griffiths (UK) - See all my reviews
This product works perfectly for it's purpose - a reasonably priced basic camcorder that is so simple to use. it doesn't have any super tech features but is great for anyone who just wants to point and shoot without any faffing around. The 'FlipShare' software that comes with it works really well too - you can do loads with it, and you get free software upgrades for life!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent idiot proof Video/camera, 16 Jan 2010
This really is an excellent product! simple to use and with excellent results,I bought this for my wife at Xmas,and she could use it straight away with perfect results (it really is idiot proof),and good quaulity product! would recommend this to anyone.(my wife incidently is aged 76) H gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Flip Video Camera, 7 Oct 2009
David Rawson (ibiza) - See all my reviews
I have been using this camera to record my shows. The quality is amazing and the software is brilliant. I have already recommended this to 5 people and they have all ordered one

4.0 out of 5 stars flip review, 10 Sep 2009
Fun camera overall, very easy to use. It doesn't pan very well though, the picture stutters somewhat so try to keep it steady. I've had difficulty transferring it to DVD but will hopefully manage. Great for slipping in your pocket and easy to review whats been taken. Remember think "fun" and you wont be disappointed!