on 27 October 2009
bought this product to use on my grandaughter , i find it fantastic as
it just slips in my pocket and i take it every where with me for that
unpredicted moment !!

then i just plug it in the computer and it instantly
produces the video , which i make into a movie and send to my daughter in australia !!
my only negative is that it hasnt got a battery meter on it so u never know when
its going to run out , but its not run out on me yet it gets more use than my camcorder ever did !! good product ###
I bought this as a present for my mother, who is no PC expert - and as such, it had to be easy to use. And it is! Absolutely brilliant design, it's really as simple as pressing a button to start and again to stop. And getting it onto the PC (and then onto YouTube etc.) is made completely easy too, with just about everything available as a one-(or two!)-click function. We got to grips with it immediately, no fuss as all, and Mum is now happily using it all the time on holidays, etc. - and it just slips into her handbag, it's so small.

I was worried that such a portable, 'user-friendly' device might have scrimped on video / audio quality, but I have to say that it's really impressive on both fronts, given the size and price. The built in microphone pics up sound well in both small room and concert-type settings - we're more than happy with the results we've got.

Brilliant piece of kit for beginners or enthusiasts who want quality and portability in one device.
on 5 October 2009
Bought this for relatives birthday. Read quite a few bad reviews and to be honest, don't know what they were using but this little gadget is amazing!!
Alright, if you're a budding movie producer and want video footage that is second to none then this is probably not for you, you'll need your normal camcorder BUT to pop this in your pocket when you're out and about to catch those moments you normally wouldn't have a camcorder on you it's brilliant. Good price, quality fine for what it's use was intended for and think everyone should have one!! My relative takes it everywhere now....going to order one for myself
22 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2009
We purchased this camera as it really seemed to fit our requirements for a non HD camera, that would take AA batteries (when you are away from a laptop and USB this is really helpful).

Video quality in all light conditions is excellent, and the sound (stereo) is super. Very clear and not at all splashy.
The fact that it starts in 4 seconds and is ready to shoot 2 hours of content means that this is a must carry item when out and about.

Uploading and managing files using Flipshare is a cinch, and really makes this an easy way to share video content with friends, family and the world (via email, youtube or facebook et.al. integration).

Downsides are few, given the cheap cost and exceptional video quality. Maybe the zoom is only digital, and it can be a bit jiggly when moving, but these are small compromises for the simplicity and ease of use that this affords all users.
Kids, adults and technophobes can operate this with no fear at all.

Thoroughly recommended and would buy another without hesitation. Maybe a different colour though...
on 19 August 2009
55 comments|229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2009
This product works perfectly for it's purpose - a reasonably priced basic camcorder that is so simple to use. it doesn't have any super tech features but is great for anyone who just wants to point and shoot without any faffing around. The 'FlipShare' software that comes with it works really well too - you can do loads with it, and you get free software upgrades for life!
on 1 September 2009
A great new toy. Great picture quality and idiot proof. Simply connect to computer using built in Flip USB and start creating your own movies and cards. I love it because it is so easy to use and fits into the smallest of handbags. It runs on AA batteries which last for hours (approx 5hrs). Very discreet (not too in your face) which allows you to film anywhere. The perfect gift.
on 16 January 2010
This really is an excellent product! simple to use and with excellent results,I bought this for my wife at Xmas,and she could use it straight away with perfect results (it really is idiot proof),and good quaulity product! would recommend this to anyone.(my wife incidently is aged 76) H gardner
on 29 January 2010
I have bought three of these little Flip Ultra 2nd Generation video cameras (2 as gifts) and am very pleased with the performance which is great. They slip into my bag or pocket and so I never have to cart a large camera and equipment around with me. They are fun, inexpensive (until this recent price increase on Amazon) and a must have if you are a gadget person. A child can operate one of these and the software is easy too.
Three points to mention on the downside -
No pause button
No battery life indicator - it just goes, so keep a spare handy
When recieving a flip film by email there doesn't seem to be a way of saving them to computer - (or is there)?
Otherwise fabulous, I bought the Ultra instead of the high def as I was delighted with the picture quality and thought not worth paying the extra for HD.
on 7 October 2009
I have been using this camera to record my shows. The quality is amazing and the software is brilliant. I have already recommended this to 5 people and they have all ordered one