5.0 out of 5 stars quick and simple
from opening the box to listening to the mp3 of the vinyl on my mac took 20 minutes, tops. Software loaded quickly, turntable is simple to connect via usb and the software is so simple to work with. Obviously sound quality is compromised, particularly if you're converting a very old favourite 12" that's been played many many times. But for me the crackles and pops are...
Published on 23 April 2011 by yeehare

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but you will need a newish PC to run the software
This turntable works very well and the sound quality is great. However it took 30 minutes + to convert the audio to MP3 on my PC via the supplied software (PC running XP with a 3 year old AMD 2Mb processor). I installed the software onto a newish laptop running Windows 7 and the same process took just a minute or so to convert a whole LP which I thought was acceptable (I...
Published on 13 April 2010 by Michael Arnold

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a good purchase, 12 Mar 2010
Mr. Robert Didd (Middlesex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
This is not our first experience of buying a USB Turntable and the first one was an absolute disaster so I was very apprehensive of trying an alternative.

We purchased this item as we want to digitize all our 7", 12" and albums and get rid of them.

Set up was easy although we had some sound problems due to the CD not providing the software for Windows 7. However, we spoke to ION Technical team who were very good and resolved this issue very quickly.

The EZ software which comes with the turntable is very easy to use and at the time of importing enables you to put in basic data relating to the record. It imports the recordings into Itunes where it is really easy to amend the information further to enhance the data to help you categorise further (i.e. genre, year, track numbers).

The quality on listening to the recordings via itunes is on par with the quality of the CDs which we have ripped to our PC.

In summary, we have been really impressed with out initial tests and are now pressing on and creating a huge library of all our vinyls. I would certainly recomment this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound Shame About The Software, 24 Mar 2010
RussG "Russell G" (Kilwinning, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
As has been said this bit of kit does exactly what it says on the tin.

The only wrinkle is the conversion software. On automatic it often interprets musical pauses as the end of the track, forcing you to sit and use the manual option. The software could also benefit from a pause option to allow you to incorporate both sides of the album onto one file at the recording stage, rather than having to file edit later.

That said it it a minor annoyance for what represents a good value product with a decent sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Record player, 26 May 2010
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Great piece of kit. Very good value, easy to use once you've sorted out the sound connections/levels, but I suppose that's a problem related to ones IQ.

I prefer to use it with AUDACITY software to cut and dice the tracks. Audacity is very simple to use. Other software to do the same for iTunes output (or similar) is supplied, but I've not tried that (sounds too easy to use for me...). Audacity needs a very easily obtainable plug-in to convert tracks to Mpeg3's.

For best effect, you have to LISTEN to the music as it records, just case it jumps tracks or repeats music sections on a dirty record - Not a complaint or any reflection on the product, but your own existing records may be less than perfect. (Aren't I kind?)
This set-up cannot eliminate scratches or defects that are in your records, but I believe you can get software other than Audacity (Magix) if you're keen to deal with that kind of problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ion Profile LP Vinyl Archiving Turntable, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
I had shopped around for this turntable and I had heard that the cheaper version was a waste of time as it skipped on the records. The reviews were more favourable on this model so I went for it. I cannot believe how simple it is to install and use! It is brilliant. I have started converting my 450 singles and 100 albums and it is so easy to do. The software lets you set the "Gain" on the recording level before you start to convert, then when you have finished playing the record it lets you fill in the artists name, the name of the album or list (My Collection) and the song title, then it sends it direct to your Itunes which takes 10 seconds before asking you if you want to play another track. The only thing that it does not do is cut out the crackling which I believe Audacity software does. Anyhow I still love it and would definately recommend it for under 70

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect the software to divide into Tracks on a Mac, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Sound seems good. But on the Mac the software will not auto-separate the LP into tracks when it detects silence. You can sit there and press the New Track button if you're quick. Or, you can record the entire LP into a sound editing program and slice it up into little MP3s and rename etc.
It's actually quite a chore and if you already have a turntable, you might consider using that to record from rather than buy this. This doesn't push you much farther forward. The software is a let down. You will need Audacity (free) to edit the files, or some other. I have Soundbooth but it's a big pain.

Also, do get a cleaner for those old records if your buying this to convert those old vinyl records. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Archiving turntable, 24 May 2010
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Very good product - easy to use and gives excellent quality when transferring my music.Good value for price

3.0 out of 5 stars THE EZ Software for you ION Review, 19 April 2012
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Ion Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving TurntableIon Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable

The supplied software is rubbish.
I cannot speak for PC users as I have not yet tried it on my PC, but I can speak for MAC.
The software os over simple and creates the same named track every time you use it.
It give you the chance to put in the names of the artist , album and tracks but then when it exports to Itunes it Forgets it all and dumps the files called "EZACTtem.WAV" into "unknown Artist/ unknown album".
This is problematic for two reasons - First you will end up with no harddrive space with WAV files as they take up 10 times that of MP3s, and you will have to manually migrate them to other folders as the next time you use the software you will over right the same file names.
So I have had to end up converting them to MP3, writing all the track names, file names, album name and artist name Manually, create folders and add all over information to keep my library clear and organised.

Another bad design fault - There is no pause. When you flip the record it would have been nice to be able to pause the recording. So all in all a very bad show indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 18 Feb 2011
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Fantastic item I love it, I don't use the software included so I can't comment, I always use Peak LE for Mac for fine editing as vinyl often needs more meticulous work, but the deck I love, plugs straight into your usb port (pre-amp is in the deck) and away you go, fantastic for getting obscure vinyl not available on cd in to your iPod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 24 April 2010
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Do not hesitate to purchase this product. The simplicity to use and the sound quality will astonish. Download a copy of the free audacity recording software and you will not be disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 12 April 2010
gladioli51 (Chesterfield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable (Electronics)
Bought this for my husband as he has loads of old records and nothing to play them on. He is now in the process of downloading them onto the computer and then onto his MP3 player so he is able to hear all his old favourites. Very pleased with the purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›