5.0 out of 5 stars funny erm, some parts yes
I have not seen any of these until I bought them, they looked funny from trailers I've seen, but not funny through and through. quality of the movies are great though, no faults.
Published 11 months ago by Mohammed87

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 hits and 1 miss
Firstly, I WOULD recommend any lovers of the gross-out parody genre to buy this trilogy. For one thing, it's cheaper to buy all 3 at once than buy any of them separately, or at least it was when I bought the DVD...

Published on 7 Aug 2009 by H. Wyche

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 hits and 1 miss, 7 Aug 2009
H. Wyche "venus_211_2000" (Cheadle, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)

I loved 'Epic Movie' and 'Date Movie'. The former was genuinely funny in parts (reminded me a lot of the 'Scary Movie' films) and actually managed to make most of the seemingly-random cameos and characters work. The latter, although it relied on every 'date movie' cliche (as was the point), I actually did care about what happened to the main character by the end of the movie: it did manage to combine an element of emotion with humour. A BIG PLUS was the casting of Alyson Hannigan of 'Buffy' fame in 'Date Movie', and 'American Pie's 'Stifler's Mom' in both films, who both out-acted and much were funnier than the rest of the cast.

BUT as for 'Meet the Spartans'? I truly wanted to like it. Honestly, I did. I love '300' and was pleased to see a relatively-unknown British actor (Sean Maguire) take the lead. But the vast majority was simply stunningly unfunny... mostly when it had scenes dominated by Carmen Electra, I must say. Plus the extended 'push the Persians into the pit' scene became tedious and cruel, rather than funny. I had hoped that Kevin Sorbo's later career would feature films better than this.

All the same, I'd recommend you buy this DVD, if sprayed on pecs, yellow snow jokes, occasional mild nudity and fart jokes are your thing: who knows, you might find 'Meet the Spartans' funnier than I did!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
its ok but cant beat scary movies ...

5.0 out of 5 stars funny erm, some parts yes, 6 Nov 2013
Mohammed87 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay depending on your mentality, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
My son loves Meet the Spartans so I figured I may aswell get this set of 3 films for almost the same price as 1 alone. Has some funny bits and must admit my kids find them hilarious.

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I was really pleased with my purchase,the DVDs were in good condition and very good value I would recommend this

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not that funny., 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I remember when i first watched one of these i found it hilarious, now it just isn't that funny it's just disgusting, makes me feel a bit sick watching Date Movie, Epic movie has it's good parts. Meet the spartans isn't bad not many comic parts but both it and Epic movie are worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 8 Dec 2010
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
Great Movies bought as a gift for older nephews, however it could of been packaged better as the case had been crushed during transit and was broken.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle of not so great movies, 15 May 2010
Koen Theys - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
Don't get me wrong, If you are looking for a good laugh this is a sweet deal. A combo of three movies making fun of all the genre movies. Nothing gets spared everything is up for laughs. However does that makes it a great movie. that is something else. I'm not saying I can do better but lets be realistic here this isn't a great plot, fantastic acting or what not. You can see where they are going with some of the jokes a mile away and some of the jokes are getting boring (meet the spartans, how many people can you kick in a pit and clearly somebody doesn't like Britney)
If you are aiming for some easy laughs and aren't expecting to much than this are your movies

4.0 out of 5 stars It's sort of like cheap humour, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] (DVD)
It's one of them things where it's not to everyone's taste. It's sort of like cheap humour, but me and my mates like that. I'm sort of easy to please when it comes to comedy films. I wanted Epic Movie at first and then saw this that comes with 3 others and the price made the decision much easier.

Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD]
Meet The Spartans/Epic Movie/Date Movie [DVD] by Aaron Seltzer (DVD - 2009)