5.0 out of 5 stars How good this machine is......
Published 23 months ago by John G

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design but disappointing
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by fred26

5.0 out of 5 stars How good this machine is......, 16 May 2012
This review is from: De'Longhi DES12 Compact Dehumidifier - 12 Litre (Kitchen & Home)
We've had a dehumidifier in our house for a few years, until it recently started to pack up, in various ways,-it was also HUGE!!! after we had taken it out of its place on our landing, i looked up dehumidifiers on Amazon, and came up with the De'Longhi DES12, 12 litre model. It was delivered in days-actually arrived before the due date, which was excellent. The compact size of it is amazing, and everything about it, is wonderful. It works 100% in a house where 4 people have baths or showers every day, it is very useful for helping to dry garments that cannoy be put in a clothes dryer, when its raining, and also it is so quiet, that even when left on all night, it does not disturb you.My rating for it would be 10/10+++++++
Regards
John G

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the budget versions, 9 Mar 2011
Kerry (Preston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We own a regular 3-bedroom house and have had a problem with damp in our spare room and, to a lesser degree, in our own bedroom.

After finding a few patches of mould, we bought this De'Longhi DES12 Dehumidifier to see if it would make much difference.

So far, it definitely has. Each room is around 3m x 2.5m x 2m (15m cubed). In one room, it sucks out around a litre of moisture in 6-8 hours overnight. In the other, it gets around 600ml in the same time period.

It isn't particularly noisy - but the hum would probably stop most people sleeping if it were close by. I've seen some reviews where people have said it is very loud indeed - but I can only assume they've put it on a wooden floor or something else that is amplifying the sound. We leave it overnight in the bedroom next to ours, with the door shut, and can't hear it. I'm not sure what people would expect. Regardless of the make/model/price, this type of product is always going to make some kind of noise because of the nature of what it does.

It's easy to setup and easy to empty - though the water container does sometimes need a harder shove back in after emptying in order to make the warning light on top go off.

All in all, you pretty much get what you pay for. It certainly does a better job than the cheaper versions out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars De'Longhi DES12 Compact Dehumidifier Review, 21 April 2012
Due to having a small house with a damp problems in concealed spaces, I found I frequently needed to use a dehumidifier, as I have found them to be a big help. This is my second dehumidifer, purchased and installed 2 months ago, to replace its predecessor which had lasted 14 months. So far I have found this product to have the following advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages;-
Very easy to operate - Only a rotary switch (apart from the mains power supply), with 2 indicator lights.
Compact and mounted on castors, as well as being lightweight, I find it easy to move.
The water canister is inside, it is a good size and is easy to remove for emptying (the water is used in our domestic iron and for watering plants).
Water level can be seen through the side of the dehumidifier. When positioned at top of stairs - this is easy to see, (but maybe not so if you have to bend over, kneel down, or have a back problem).
When water canister is full, dehumidifier automatically stops.
The dehumidifier can also be used to assist in indoor clothes drying (separate setting for this purpose).
When it reaches the set standard of humidity, it will shut down - it restarts when humidity increases.

Disadvantages;-
Needs to stand slightly away from the wall.
Exhaust air is cold (the previous dehumidifier discharged warm air - it was a different type of dehumidifier though).
When reinstalling the empty water canister, a little care needs be taken to fold down a sensor lever to stop it snagging on the dehumidifier.
It is a little bit noisy when operating.
There is no setting for standard of humidity, only Minimum to Maximum (not 50%, 60% etc).

So far I am happy with this product, as the disadvantages are minor. It has only been in operation a short time, so the real test will be to see how it is still going in another couple of years (or more).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mid-range dehumidifier, while it lasts, 25 Feb 2011
C. J. Richardson "foop" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Plus points:

- Large, easy to empty reservoir (fills in around two days on continuous operation).
- Comes with rubber hose, easy to adapt to empty waste water into a drain.
- Relatively quiet; slightly quieter than a fan heater.
- Top and side vents allow it to be placed against a wall.
- Small and reasonably stylish.

Minus points:

- Settings vague, with no indication what humidity they correspond to.
- A digital display of humidity would be nice (but undoubtedly more expensive).

This little unit works well to keep humidity from steamy showers and drying clothes under control in our three bedroom terraced house. It's a lot nicer than some of the dehumidifiers I've used in the past.

Addendum: After two years, it stopped working. The 'defrost/warming up' light came on and wouldn't go off. It appears from reading other reviews that this is a fairly common failure mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 11 Nov 2010
We have recently moved to a old house,in a rural part of Dorset, although we love the house, it felt constantly damp, dispite having plenty heating on, also I have been waking up coughing . I have had my Dehumidefier for only three days, but have noticed a big difference, no more windows running with water in the mornings and the house is not feeling damp anymore. I would advise anyone with damp problems, to get one of these, they are worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as described! ITS BETTER!, 9 Nov 2010
K. Vine "VynZ" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Only had this for less than one day but already very impressed. Its well designed, looks great, is very quiet and makes the room so many times fresher than it was before. Also mildly warms my otherwise unheated room. Very good product, highly recommended.

UPDATE: Now had for over a year and still works wonderfully.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design but disappointing, 19 Nov 2011
fred26 "fred" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I read several reviews before purchasing and researched as well before buying from Amazon. The product was also delivered in packaging which did not state that it should not be delivered upside down so I had to leave it for several hours before using. I also owned a dehumidifier for over 5 years until it stopped working recently. I am very disappointed with the efficiency of this product. It is well designed and reasonably quiet but it takes a very long time (well over 24 hours) to extract moisture from an average size bedroom. My previous humidifier was able to extract more than the double the moisture (also quietly) from the same room and it's performance was excellent. I realise the previous dehumidifier had a proper compressor and was heavier to move but it's price was not much more than this new model. However, the De'Longhi performance is very disappointing and I would advise purchasing a model with better performance than this if you wish to remove moisture/water from a room (let alone a flat) more quickly. No more than two stars for this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dehumidifier For Your Home, 26 Nov 2009
M. Hall ""metal mike"" (Beckenham,England) - See all my reviews
Great middle range dehumidifier for the home,removes enough water from the air to prevent the windows from badly condensating up,also speeds up drying clothes and sheets indoors,little too noisey to use overnight (sounds like a fan heater) but you don't really need it on for that long anyway,tank large enough to last a few days before emptying (when light comes on)
Can stand it against a wall as the vents are to both sides,looks good aswell,easy to use and easy to move
Super fast delivery thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret it!!, 22 Nov 2010
Fantastic product, not bulky very slim, can't believe the amount of water it soaks up, it is a little bit noisy at night leaving it on but you get used to it, my husband used to wake up coughing a lot in the night, that has stopped now too. Just buy one you wont regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars De'Longhi Compact Dehumidifier, 25 Jun 2012
F. NEILSON (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great quality item, oprates quiety and is very effective, you will be amazed at the amount of water this thing produces. Well packaged and speedy delivery. No complaints at all. Not the cheapest but very pleased with my purchase.

ARRAY(0xb6a08588)