5.0 out of 5 stars simple, easy to use
If like me you are looking for something to enable you to have multiple wired connections but only have one Ethernet socket spare on your router then this is the item for you. I have my pc, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and my sky HD box all linked up to it.

Published 23 months ago by L. Woolridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Poor instruction manual, but seems to do the job okay. For the price I'd recommend but take care which port you use to connect to the router (its port 5 - not sure why they cant just put that on the product).
Published 19 months ago by J. Hatton

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, easy to use, 7 Oct 2012
L. Woolridge "Leewoo" (Stoke-On-Trent) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)

This device is plug and play which means no set up is required what so ever, all you need to do is plug the Ethernet cable from your router into socket number one on the switch and then from socket 2-5 just link 4 more cables into your other equipment. Hassle free.

If you need something that will enable faster data transfer between your devices then you may want to go for a switch that is 10/100/1000 but if it's just for standard internet connections then this is absolutely fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Go... For a Bargain Price, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
There's not much to be said other than to repeat what most of the reviews already say: Plug an ethernet cable from the first available ethernet port on your router, into the first ethernet port on the Tenda 5-Port Switch (which actually means you only gain 4 extra ports - if you have an extra 5 or more devices than you currently have free sockets on your router which you want on a wired internet connection then I suggest looking at a switch box with more ports, you'll find many available here on Amazon for only slightly more money), plug the power lead from the Tenda into a mains socket, and boom: you now have an extra 4 sockets for a wired connection to your internet. It really is as simple as that. There are no settings required, no technical knowledge. It's as plug-and-play as anything gets.

A few points addressing things I read in other reviews before purchasing one myself:

The Tenda Switch box is totally silent. I know one other review here mentions hearing a noise, but I'd suggest they must have received a faulty box. There are no moving parts, it doesn't even get warm to the touch. If there's any noise at all from your unit then a quick exchange is in order.

The size of the unit is very small, with the input for the provided UK AC adapter plugging into the side rather than the rear as most people will probably expect, which is a little unusual but no deal breaker.

It's incredibly lightweight. In fact this is probably the closest there is to a geunine negative as ethernet cables aren't exactly light and the weight of the cabling could cause the Tenda to move if it's not positioned securely. But if weight was added you'd no doubt be paying for metal being added to the construction, metal which really would serve no real purpose other than to make the unit weightier (I really can't see why the average consumer would require any stronger build quality than the plastic this is made from, it's solid enough for what is essentially just a simple extension).

Then there's the price. A touch over 5 pounds makes it the cheapest 5-Port Switch I could find. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the Tenda (assuming they understand what it is that they're buying, this adds 4 more ports to your router - it does no more, and no less). If you need just a few extra ports added to your router then don't think twice, this is perfect at this bargain price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
I am using this in my lounge so that I can plug my raspberry pi and TV into my network. My router is in another room and I use powerline adapters to get the network to my lounge and then this item to split the network once in the lounge. I am very happy with how it all works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little switch, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
I bought this to connect my smart tv and my youview box to my router, via Powerline. It's small and unobtrusive, and nicely designed for the price. Exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Scott, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
This is an ideal product at a very good price.
I needed to split my broadband signal when it come out of the Ethernet over mains adaptor so that I could supply broadband to my BT Vision box and also my Blu Ray player. It is a very clever broadband fast Ethernet switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value switch, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
Put it behind the HiFi cabinet to connect TV, Sky box, PS3 and AV receiver to Powerline Ethernet adaptor. Works flawlessly and is excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value and very efficient, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
It's a 100-Mbit switch, with all 5 ports behaving the same, so it doesn't matter which one goes to the wall-socket / router.
You then have 4 extra ports on your desk. It's smaller than a paperback book and weighs little, so unless your cables are tidy, they may tend to move or lift it. It has an external power supply with about 2 metres of 2-core flex. Both the switch and its power supply run cool, so here's hoping it will be reliable and last a while. Couldn't be easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little switch, 22 July 2012
S. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
Lovely little switch....no complaints whatsoever and brilliant value for money..takes up no room on the wall or under the desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 12 July 2014
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
I bought this to enable myself to plug a load of entertainment tech in my lounge ( bluray, a.c. receiver, sky, Xbox etc....into my home hub) & when I got it I though "this isn't gonna work" but I plugged it all in anyway & I'll be blowed if it didn't do everything I hoped would, perfectly I might add (so far). Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars So so..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch (Accessory)
Good product for the price; don't like the power port on the side or the fact that its so small... Not bad though

Tenda S105 10/100 5-Port Mini Switch