5.0 out of 5 stars My Sony`s Are 5 Star,But These Are Even Better!!!
Delivery:
This item had a delivery date of a two week (+) period but,
arrived a few days after ordering,great start to proceedings.

Description/In-use:
These JVC HA-KX100-B Stereo Headphones are CTIA standard(Cellular
Telecommunications Industry Association)which is used by apple &,
Sony on the Sony Xperia S,which is the phone that I...
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by E. White

3.0 out of 5 stars hands free option good.
Decent product, hands free option good.
Published 1 month ago by Charles McGinn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Sony`s Are 5 Star,But These Are Even Better!!!, 18 Jun 2012
E. White (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC HA-KX100-B Stereo Headphones for iPhone - Black (Accessory)
Delivery:
This item had a delivery date of a two week (+) period but,
arrived a few days after ordering,great start to proceedings.

Description/In-use:
These JVC HA-KX100-B Stereo Headphones are CTIA standard(Cellular
Telecommunications Industry Association)which is used by apple &,
Sony on the Sony Xperia S,which is the phone that I bought these
to use with.They are all black design with a total cable length of
108cm,this is 70cm long from the "Y" point of the headphone cable.
Also provided is a neat carrying case this really IS the best case I`ve
received with headphones,& I`ve had quite a few.The case is covered in
a black pvc with two hard bits of(probably card)either side to protect
from crushing,excellent.You also get the now standard "Three ear bud
sizes".

With the large size fitted sound isolation is "Brilliant",even with no
sound going through the headphones,they STILL cut out a lot of noise.
The Soft rubber cushions are very comfortable &,slip into the ear fairly
easily,this is even with the odd/different design of the ear pieces.
If your not use to this "different" design,you`ll find them a bit awkward
at first as,you(or me)have to put them in your ear slightly differently
to the normal style in-ear canal headphones but,you do get use to this
quickly.The added(odd)bit of plastic moulding is to secure the ear pieces
further still &,this(odd)concept DOES work,very well in-fact.Another thing
that`s different about the JVC`s is,they come with a little protective metal
grill cap that fits on the end of the earphone speaker either side.When I
changed the ear buds these came off as well the first time & gave me a fright
until,I read the product info & realized what they were,good design feature
that should help with dust & dirt.

Phone calls:
At the time of writing I`ve had only a few phone call convo`s with this item &,
I can state that it is better than the "excellent" sony headphones that came with
the Sony Xperia S,people on the other end of the call did not have to ask me to
repeat words I was saying,this is a bit of a issue with the sony`s but nothing
too drastic.The control button worked perfectly too,ending a call when pressed
to do so.

Music:
The control button acts as your play,stop,ff & rev,this is all achieved with
pressing the control button the required amount of times(twice for ff etc.).
With the excellent Sony Xperia S music app,these JVC ha-kx100`s are "Outstanding".
They sound like they would cater for any user,if your after out & out bass,it`s
here,if you want clear natural mids,it`s here,if you want hifi like treble(which
in my opinion)is the hardest to get right,it`s here.Depth of sound,sound staging
(when you listen to a track & you place where the individual musicians are)it`s
here.No matter what you play,the JVC`s cope very well with it,letting you hear
things in the music that you didn`t realize was there &,staying comfortable in
your ear all the time.The JVC ha-kx100`s do handle all types of music very well,
from;dance(anything beat driven),pop,folk,jazz,metal/rock,even classical,anything.
Another plus is,there isn`t any real need to turn up your volume,as all of this is
available at "reasonable volume levels".

Conclusion:
As I said,the sony`s are excellent but these,are better!...it`s close but these(JVC
ha-kx100)do nick it(edit...walk away with it).
For under fifteen English pounds(on offer)you get all of the above for a set of headphones
that were over sixty pounds.
5 Star +.
Highly recommended.

Thank You For Reading.

Up-date:30.07.12.
I`ve very recently upgraded my Sony Xperia S OS to Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich)
and it has further improved the MP3 Player,with the JVC HA-K100`s connected you can
hear even more detail,depth & greater impact of music.These JVC do really complement
an already excellent MP3 Player,also when listening to music via a PC,these earphones
excel to equally great heights.

2nd Up-date:10.11.12.
How much do I "Love" these earphones...I`ve just bought a second set...that much!
The 1st pair are still going strong,even though I`ve managed to do all sorts to them
including,dropping one side into a(luckily)un-lit oil burner,still working though!!

3rd Up-date:30.07.13.
Hi everyone,just a quick update to let you know that I am now(for the last 2 months)
using my 2nd set of these earphones.The user qualities are as in my original review but,
there is one difference,the 2nd set did not have the little metal filters in the box.
Now this is NOT a issue,just a bit odd maybe,they don`t ship them with these or,JVC
stopped making them for this earphone set.
Oh,if your wondering why I`m using my 2nd set,1st took so much abuse,I killed them by;
snagging,pulling,them been pulled out by idiots,catching on anything you can name,dropping
in oil a burner,rain showers,etc,really,they had NO right lasting as long as they did.
So yeah,even though I can see some don`t rate them(no problem with that as,they are the
best this "audio file" as had/heard)I will buy a spare........still 5 Stars,happy listening .

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, 3 Jun 2012
A. Diko "keemdik" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A reviewer's feedback was the push I needed to plunge for these earphones as replacement for my iphone standard earphones. I had researched many earphones before seeing the reviews for these JVC. There were only two! But so positive was one of them that I went for these JVC immediately. Order was received 2 days later and, so far, NOT regrettable music-wise. It more than compensates for the inconsistency experienced with phone calls. But I then discovered the earphones are actually not to blame and, so, a trip to the Regent Street Apple store sorted out the problem, a clogged-up (dust, floss, wax and anything else that could find its way in there) jack (the hole for earphones!). So, now all's well everything-wise!
MON-18-FEB-13: Ordered a second pair!
FRI-01-MAR-13: Order received in 3 days. I intend to be more careful this time, but willing still to go for the same if I do need yet another pair...... unless something else comes along to beat these for price and quality.
P.S.: Were the cord more rugged, they would have earned all 5 stars.
FRI-24-JAN-14: Got a 3rd pair (White, the first two [above reviews] were Black).

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wouldn't you buy these?, 21 May 2012
I just bought these earphones to replace an old pair of the same type and they're so amazing I'm ordering another pair. I'm not new to buying earphones and these for this price, how can you go wrong? they look too good to be true but believe me they are true! The sound is crystal clear and the earphones themselves are comfortable the button can be used to change song on an iPod, one cannot go wrong with these earphones they're amazing! would highly reccomend

5.0 out of 5 stars so pleased, 12 July 2012
J. S. Houghton (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Small, you wouldn't know you had them on with superb sound couldn't be more pleased, ordered it and in no time it arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 14 July 2011
Great earphones, very comfy, very good sound, very quite on the outside due to the speakers being in your ear. Good choice of bud size for different ear sizes. And half the price this time compared to the first set I bought and lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work With other Mobiles Too, 7 Oct 2010
The button on the microphone to pause music, answer calls works with other mobiles too, at least with my HTC Desire and I assume others too. I find these headphones slightly quiet maybe a bit uncomfortable but not greatly so. Comes with a nice case which will probable never get used, shame really. Sound quality is very good if as I have said quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 4 July 2013
Comfortable, light, low profile, great sound quality they dont fall out all the time what more can you ask for!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 9 May 2013
reasonable sound for the price, love the little case and doubles as a hands free for my phone. Can't ask any more

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-KX100-B Stereo Headphones for iPhone - Black, 4 April 2013
After looking at headphones and review's for ages, I took a chance on these JVC's and it turns out it was a very good choice. The Sound quality for the 17.99 paid is out standing compared to my old Sennheiser CX300 mk2, the JVC's have a flat response, a better controlled bass that dips low but doesn't wallow, no sharp mids, the top is sweet and clean. The JVC's seem to be able to play any thing you can throw at them from, heavy metal Manowar, Metallica to rock Iron Maiden, CCR, Bob Seger to the softer tones of Whiney Houston & Tracey Chapman. The call quality is good too, quality of the microphone is also good, you don't need to eat the thing in order to be heard. There is a button on the mic, which will control your media playback and answer calls, and as others have said there is no volume control. Other people have mentioned a lack in volume "they don't go loud" it's probably a lack of distortion to the ears that makes them seem quieter, I don't have a problem with that, I punished my ears enough as a youngster...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 3 April 2013
One of the best budget headphones i have every purchased!
I am using them on my LG Nexus 4 and they sound great! love the ear-bud replacements they come in 3 different sizes. And the good thing that the control works on my Nexus 4. Wire length is fine tho the wires are on the delicate side. Plus you get the carrying case which is great addition and its small and handy
received them in no time when i placed my order.
Highly recommended!!