Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More

This is a cheap twin DVD standard resolution set of two excellent adventure movies. OK, I loved the first movie and was familiar with Tomb Raider games. I didn't really worry about the loose plot and stately home scenes, after all the movie was a recreation of a young adults PC game and not an adaptation of Shakespeare, and it had to stay firmly with its roots. I wasn't quite sure about the casting of Christopher Barrie as Laura Croft's butler (as he's a bit young to have known Laura's dad, Lord Richard Croft, that well), but in fact he's an asset in both movies. Although many disliked the original Tomb Raider movie and it did not fare well critically, Tomb Raider [2001] was a commercial success, and it held the world record for the highest grossing movie of it's type (game inspired) until that was taken by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in 2010. Personally I was bowled over by the TombRaider sequel 'The Cradle of Life' [2003] and I was surprised it was badly received in some quarters - in fact this sets worth a fiver just to see Angelina Jolie in that wet suit one more time (when I first saw the movie with my kids I joked 'your mother looked like that when she was younger'). The Cradle of life is fast paced with some incredible action sequences, and although the final scenes perhaps fall a little flat, the path to them is certainly worth viewing more than once.

This DVD set has quite a few extras: TombRaider: 'Digging into Tomb raider [cast/production team interviews], Crafting Laura Croft [fitness training for Angelina Jolie], Stunts and Visual Effects of TombRaider, Are you Game [looking at the PC game that inspired the film], Simon West's commentary, 4 deleted scenes, Alternative title sequence, U2 music video 'Elevation', plus DVD features 'TombRaider time-line, TR Chronicles game demo, and 'web site and online access experience'. Our DVD is English audio Dolby 5.1 only, with English HOH subtitles and English commentary subtitles only. Rated 12 and 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen, run time 96 minutes.

The second DVD 'TombRaider 2: The Cradle of life' has similar extras: Commentary by director John de Bont, deleted scenes [with John De Bon commentary], Training, vehicles, weapons, stunts and effects documentary, The Davey brother 'heart goes faster' music video, original theatrical web site archive. Our DVD is English and Czech audio Dolby 5.1, with English HOH subtitles and English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian and Swedish subtitles. Rated 12 and 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen, run time 113 minutes. Both DVDs are Pal[2]UK region locked. Picture quality and sound is fine on a standard TV - for hi-def there's always the expensive Tomb Raider/Cradle Of Life Blu-ray double set.
on 25 March 2015
For one-time, and rather childish viewing pleasures, these films are ideal. They are completely nonsensical, but rather fulfilling (ahem..) in the shape of our protagonist and her entourage. Especially attractive is this set, with its very-very reasonable price. Now, it's your call please.
on 4 September 2010
Caught both of these movies one time or another on any given channel. Not really a computer game player, my first and only attempt at Tomb Raider and I couldn't get out of the pavilion!

For me both movies are purely escapism and that's why I enjoyed them so much.

Whilst Lara is feisty and brave, she is also sensitive and loyal.

If I had one tenth of the gumption of the character I would indeed be a very happy lady.

Pure fun and enjoyable story lines, proud to be the owner of the set.
on 10 February 2014
Recently got the Tomb Raider game on my PS4, and reminded me how much i loved the series.

Had a quick look on Amazon and found the double box set DVD for £4.50! BARGAIN!

A must for any Tomb Raider fan!
on 23 October 2013
I bought these for the kids as they are fans of Lara. The quality was very good and they were protected well for delivery. I would recommend to others as the price was very good too.
on 18 March 2013
Classic films, bought for my son who is a big Lara Croft fan. Has since gone on to get practically every game made for PC and wii. Good viewing and would definitely recommend.
on 21 May 2013
After playing the games it was a nice change to sit back and watch her in action....and have a rest. I really did enjoy these films and got them at a good price.
on 29 May 2014
Enjoyable action movie for all, Fantastic movie, had me gripped and on the edge of my seat, couldn't wait to find out what happened next.
on 26 March 2015
I love lara croft, her movements on PSp leave other games lacking, so l decided to see the film, as they seem to have stopped the games.
on 21 June 2013
Entertaining film for any audience. Not entirely following the plot of the games but that aside highly watchable. Excellent watch.