Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Format: DVD|Change

on 29 November 2009
I was a fan of Hawaii when it came to our tv in the seventy's, I hoped it would still have the same appeal now, I have watched all six series and I'm finding it just as good as the first time aroud can't wait for series seven to arrive.
on 17 June 2009
Another fine season - perhaps slightly inferior to season 5, but that was a tough act to follow - For me, this is the last of the outstanding Five-0 seasons and yet we're only half way through the twelve year run!

Crime dramas today may be more realistic and better acted, but none are anywhere near as entertaining as this show when it was at its peak.

So, we've a good selection of engaging episodes with notable mentions for `Hookman'; `Draw Me A Killer'; `One Big Happy Family' and `The Sunday Torch'.

Now, I've seen only a handful of episodes on this set thus far and therefore, with regards to the re-mastering, all I can say is that the majority of viewers are unlikely to find fault with it. However, it isn't up to the standard of the re-mastering on, for example, the 1st 3 James Bond movies on ultimate edition dvds or Blu-Ray or other major projects afforded a make-over. However, it is, in comparison to episodes I've watched recorded from live broadcasts on tv, significantly better. That said, `Try to Die On Time' contains a scene where, for a brief few seconds, vertical lines appear over Jack Lord's face - granted, the image is nice and clear with vibrant colours, but the fact the lines haven't been cleaned up is testament to the lack of the highest quality re-mastering. Audio wise, again, for the episodes I've seen, there seems to be much more bass than in previous season - Hookman almost vibrated the ornaments of the mantel piece!

Have the shows been edited - yes - will this bother most people, frankly no - testament to this is the continuing high sales of these DVDs despite the disclaimer on the outside of the box. The edits are, in the main, innocuous - in fact nobody can provide a definitive list of what has or hasn't been included. That said, we know that any edits which may have occurred to be minor, the run time of 50 to 51 minutes demonstrates this. When all said and done, these are good value for money considering what you get. If you want totally unabridged episodes with the highest standard of re-mastering and maybe the option of a 5.1 soundtrack, I suggest you wait or lobby Paramount for a definitive collection that will please the purest of perfectionists. In the meantime, enjoy one of the greatest and most entertaining police dramas from stateside.
on 10 April 2010
if you share an enjoyment of the series, this is for you. The actors I grew up with as a child are there in 'living' colour. The acting,the action and the plots I believe were the forerunner for many a series, the locations and scenery are delightful.
I am a Hawaii 5-0 buff and as such will be biased in my review, however the value of he set, the quality and the storylines are well worth the money.
Take yourself back in time.
on 28 June 2013
Loved the programmes as a child and love watching with my mum. Stories are good however wanted to buy the others but none of them come veiwable in England only in States. real shame but 1-6 series good watching
on 3 November 2015
I read that Jack Lord was a perfectionist, and certainly there is no blemish on these urbane, colourful and highly entertaining dramas featuring the impeturbable McGarrett and his cronies; stories that have their varied selection of eccentrics, homicidal nutcases, and intriguing plots - and the equally intriguing ways in which the impeccably-suited Five-O team outwit and capture the villains. Well done, McGarrett! The sunny Hawaiian setting is nice, with names of people and places in the local lingo. I got 24 episodes for £8.49 which I reckon is good value.
on 10 November 2009
item arrived after a week n great condition the picture sound n quality was superb
would buy off the seller again
on 23 April 2016
Just as we remembered. Excellent plots and great locations. A whole lot better than the current Five 0 currently being shown in the UK.
on 27 February 2015
Classic stuff, Some very memorable episodes. I missed most of this in my youth so I'm making up for it now. I recomend this series.
on 5 March 2011
If you want to see TV at its very best just watch this series or the Rockford Files or Bilko or maybe even Yogi Bear and Top Cat.

Forget nearly all of the other drivel.
on 23 December 2014
The original and best series with Jack Lord excellent in the role of Steve Mcgarrett