5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it!
First and foremost it is big enough for the cat to fully stretch on, which seems to be rare with scratching posts.
Cat absolutely loved it from the moment I put it up for him and he loves going crazy with chasing the noisy items in the holes which is extremely funny to look at for us.

This product is really worth the money!
Published on 18 Oct 2010 by Liesbeth

1.0 out of 5 stars FELL APART IN FOUR DAYS
Published on 16 Aug 2012 by IanL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it!, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Trixie 43551 Soria Scratching Post 45 x 45 cm Beige (Misc.)

This product is really worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrrfect, 2 April 2011
I bought this post after searching for weeks for one not to big, not too small & sturdy enough for the cats to climb. As soon as We set it up both Dolly who loves scratching posts and Bella who doesn't usually bother to play with the 2 other posts we have, (and used to scratch the carpet) started using it. They both love the toys hidden in the holes, and love to climb & scratch it. Dolly and Bella love to play queen of the castle and sit on the top (only big enough for one at a time). Even Max my 12 year old loves it. It is sturdy and hasn't even wobbled when they climb. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scratching Post, 18 May 2010
L. J. Davies "Linny" (Bridgend South Wales) - See all my reviews
I have two active indoor cats who have, in the past, knocked over every scratching post they've had

This product is solid and will take a hammering from the most energetic cat

Because it is tall and robust the cats can scratch and really stretch at the same time

It is well constructed and looks good

The cats love the ball and mouse which are on elastic and, importantly, there is enough room for them to sit(one at a time) on top of the post and survey their empire!

Would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 1 Aug 2011
It takes my cat a couple of months to get used to anything new in the house, this included. But once she realised what it is for she absolutely loves it. It took her another couple of months to get the hang of the fact that it also has fun things on bits of elastic in holes that one can play with, but likewise once she got the hang of them she couldn't keep away. The best this is the size and studyness of post though. It's big enough for a full grown cat to actually properly stretch on it, which is what cats need. It also has proper sisal matting on the sides, rather than the string that is wrapped round and round some posts which cats tend not to like to much as it pulls unevenly at the claws. Its big enough for her to climb and when she is having her mad ten minutes she takes a running jump and scrambles up to the top and hangs there for a bit - importantly she can do this without it falling over. A year later this is still a firm favorite so if you are looking for something to help you cat keep her claws trip, to stretch on, and to have fun with to boot, this is just the ticket. It is also one of the cheaper ones in this size I noticed.

1.0 out of 5 stars FELL APART IN FOUR DAYS, 16 Aug 2012
Two small 14 week old kittens managed to loosen the base from the post in literally four days. I did a bit of DIY and replaced the two small washers that go on the end of the two bolts locking the post and base together, these bolts were simply pulling through the not very thick plywood base which itself was beginning to delaminate . The washers I used being about six times the size of the ones provided should now hold the base and post together. The positive news is that the post and base are a great size and the finish looks very good. I would normally have returned the item but I had the tools to fix it and I did not want the hassle.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item - My cat loves it., 14 April 2012
I am sitting here watching my cat, Winston, perch on top of his scratching column. He has finishing lying on top it, legs akimbo, trying to kill it whilst spinning 360 like a dervish and is now perching loftily surveying the world like the he is king of the world. He absolutely loves this scratch post, and therefore so do I.

I brought this post a few days after we acquired Winston. I was a little sceptical because I've had scratch posts in the past and my cats just turned there nose up at them. Maybe it was because Winston was new to the house and so he took to it, I don't know, but he plays with it at least 4 times a day and even better uses it for what it is designed for - to scratch his claws - no more torn up wallpaper, sofa etc.

The height it great because it allows him to stretch right up and the little toys in the holes at the side are a bonus, he plays with them now and then but his favourite past time (aside from presenting me with his latest mouse catch) is sitting on top or stretching himself up high against it and exercising his claws.

The large base means it is very stable and the colour is neutral enough to fit in anywhere.

I am so pleased with this item that I have been prompted to pick up my PC and review it, even though my purchase was several months ago. It is well worth every penny - I'd recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and practical., 8 Mar 2011
Our cat totally loves this, like someone else said its nice and tall so she gets a good stretch as well as a scratch and she loves to perch on the top. But mostly she loves it for the play value she goes nuts attacking the balls and mouse (which squeek) and gets hers paws inside batting them about, she does the same thing the cat in the picture is doing, also she lies on the soft base, curls herself round the post getting her claws into the corners of the post then spin/claws her way round and round the post swiping at the mouse on her way past, its vry funny to watch.
I love the post as i think it looks great, its far more plush looking than the picture shows, its good and sturdy and despite its height it is unobtrusive in the living room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scratching post, 16 Mar 2012
C. Smith "CLS" (Malmesbury, WILTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This post was an instant hit with my two cats. They loved it from the moment I removed it from the box. The scratching height is perfect for my eight year olds and they love the toys in the holes. Well they love the toys in the holes too much maybe. The bottom ball was pulled off in eight days and I am working to reattach it. We will see what the next eight days bring. The lost ball led to the lost star, from 5 to 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Oct 2011
The post is huge - perfect for my long cat! He can stretch right to the top, and loves playing with the mice in the holes. They've actually still got some fur left, which is unusual!

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loves it, 2 Aug 2011
Mr. G. Dawkins (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My cat soon discovered this toy, and really enjoys it. Trying to pull the squeaky mice out of their holes, and making full use of the scratching post. This is a great cat toy, it's big and heavy, and therefore can take the punishment a cat can throw at it without scooting around the floor or falling over.
The actual scratching surfaces are much more robust than the usual wrapped rope that you get on these things, our last rope post lasted about 2 weeks before being shredded, this really stands up to some abuse, and a month after purchase and it's looking as good as it did on day one.
The height of it, gives my cat plenty of room to stretch out and have a real good scratch, which is something that other posts fail on.
I'm really pleased with this purchase, as is my cat.
It may be a little pricey, but you won't be replacing it in 6 months.