5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 'soled' on these.
Top notch insoles which replace the insert in your shoes or trainers etc. I've used sorbothane insoles for many years after first using them in my football boots when playing on hard grounds in the summer. My osteopath also recommended them when I found I had osteo-arthritis in both hips. They help to reduce impact on the joints and therefore, inflammation.
There...
Published on 26 April 2010 by P. A. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Good but not great, they seem okay but not really as comfortable as was hoping for, they supposedly absorbe shock but ive not noticed this too much. Delivery was fast tho
Published 6 months ago by John Luttrell

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 'soled' on these., 26 April 2010
There are many available, including this double strike type (sorbothane at the ball and heel of foot) which is quite chunky (and gives good support) and a full sorbothane insole which is a lot thinner. I have quite a few different ones as you never know which will fit best in a particular shoe or trainer. I have been very pleased with the double strike type I bought recently and would thoroughly recommend them. If you are buying for the first time, consider buying a double strike and a full sorbothane insole and see which shoes they suit best. You'll probably keep both and then buy some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars I swear by these insoles!, 29 Sep 2013
Sorbothane Insoles. I used to be unable to run outside on the pavements due to shin-splints, but Sorbothane Insoles, because they absorb such a massive amount of the shock everytime my foot strikes the ground, it made running outdoors possible.

I NEVER run without these insoles in my trainers nowadays, there is enough to worry about without splints interrupting my training, when something so simple as these items can help prevent or reduce the shock.

I did have a pair of these insoles that were around nine years old at one point and they were still doing the job, that is no exaggeration, superb product, so much so, that I recommend them to everybody who has splints :D

They have a lifespan of approx 10 years, that is good going if you ask me.

I have tried other insoles, including gel ones, but they were not enough to stop my shins from hurting, only Sorbothane ones seem to do the job for me, Doublestrike are my preferred insoles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for walking, probably not for running, 22 May 2011
Mr. Ross Maynard (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I decided to try the Sorbothane Double Strike insoles in my running shoes after several years of using Noene insoles to cushion my joints from impact. The insoles are more sturdily made than the Noene's (which are just cut-out shapes from some sort of dense foam-rubber - you could make them yourself very cheaply if you knew what material it was!). However, the Sorbothane's do not seem to absorb the impact from running as well and leave my legs, knees and hips aching. For walking they are fine and very comfortable; but it's back to the Noene insoles for running. That's just me of course. They are well made insoles and may well suit a lighter younger running - but if you are a heavier runner I'd recommend the Noene's.

4.0 out of 5 stars SORBOTHANE Double Strike Insole, 25 Feb 2013
J. Davies (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
As these were half the price of my very good Superfeet insoles, I was unsure about this product but thought it worthwhile to proceed. My first reactions on the experience of several short 2- and 5-mile walks with the insoles in my Berghaus walking shoes is that they are very comfortable indeed, particularly the cushioning of the heel. The forefoot cushioning also relieved the discomfort of my 'arthritic big-toe'! Only time will tell how well they wear, but for the time being I am very pleased - in fact, I am about to reorder another pair for my Brasher boots. Criticisms? - perhaps they could be a few millimetres wider in the forefoot to fit wider-fitting shoes and boots and allow for trimming where necessary. Delivery by Royal Mail was a day later than the estimated delivery date - and was made just an hour after I had chased the item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly my best buy this year, 4 Nov 2011
I have been struggling for nearly 18 months with terrible shin splints and knee problems from a heavy workload of sport. In the space of two weeks since buying these the pain is considerably less and seems to fading away all together (i hope). I will be ordering another couple of pairs today as these ones have gone from my work shoes to my running shoes to my hockey shoes and are starting to smell pretty bad!

I'm a big Asics fan, i bought size 10 insoles and they fit like a dream in my size 9.5 running and hockey shoes as well as my size 9.5 clarks work shoes. These do need to REPLACE any factory insoles, sadly my Asics squash shoes had the insoles glued in and i've not had the guts to rip them out yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars ARMY tested for 10 years! Best insoles ever...., 23 Jun 2012
hi, when i joined the marines (1999) these insoles where recommended to be to be placed inside the standard issue army boot. they have been excellent for running in and provide fantastic cushioning (such as when landing on your feet after a high jump!). when running you can feel the spring and bounce! luckliy i have never had any injuries. they prevent (and can cure) injury/pain in the legs, shins, feet and back! i have now bought another pair for inside my running/gym trainers. the double strike ones are quite thick so you may have to go up a size (or a half)in your shoe/boot. they also provide some arch support. they are very durable and my first pair lasted 3 years of daily wet and dry use in army boots. if they do get soaked they can be wrung out by hand which gets them 80% dry! i also wear them inside by works rigger boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my badminton shoes., 22 July 2011
I have these in my UK 10.5 Yonex badminton shoes. They fit perfectly. Provide excellent comfort and cushioning and protection from injury. Also improves my movement greatly with excellent bounce. However quite thick, about an inch, so will add to height/volume of the foot in the shoe so need to have the shoes tied up tightly or the foot will push against front of shoe and cause the front of the shoe to rip.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ones to have, 9 Jan 2012
Got the "full strike" ones as I thought they would be better. How wrong was I?

They are so much thinner and these have alot more cushioning to them.

Basically for trainers, the full strike, for big clumpy workboots, these ones, the double strike.

They smell as well but that soon fades

Will buy some more in 6 months

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 4 Jun 2010
Good fit. Great to run with.
Only slight consideration is if you're putting them in shoes/boots that are already a snug fit, the fit can be painfully tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliably good, 1 Mar 2014
I work in a busy A&E environment and do 12.5 hour shifts so my feet naturally take a pounding. Without these insoles I'm certain my heels especially would give way to mutiny. The answer is to take the weight off and rest your feet when they are aching but when this is not an option foot support is paramount, I have tried other brands but from personal experience sorbothane insoles have proven to be the best. A tip also is to order a size smaller than the shoe you are wearing and remove any existing insole in your shoes otherwise there will not be enough room and you'll simply cramp your feet defeating the object of the insoles.