5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 'soled' on these.
Top notch insoles which replace the insert in your shoes or trainers etc. I've used sorbothane insoles for many years after first using them in my football boots when playing on hard grounds in the summer. My osteopath also recommended them when I found I had osteo-arthritis in both hips. They help to reduce impact on the joints and therefore, inflammation.
There...
Published on 26 April 2010 by P. A. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with these insoles as they are great cushioning but they are very thick
Be careful with these insoles as they are great cushioning but they are very thick. I bought them for metatarsalgia however they actually made it worse as I put them in a pair of Asics GT-2000 and they made them very tight and the added heel raise caused my feet to keep slipping out of the shoe. If your trainers are on the tighter side I would recommend the thinner full...
Published 4 months ago by Katriona Marie Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 'soled' on these., 26 April 2010
There are many available, including this double strike type (sorbothane at the ball and heel of foot) which is quite chunky (and gives good support) and a full sorbothane insole which is a lot thinner. I have quite a few different ones as you never know which will fit best in a particular shoe or trainer. I have been very pleased with the double strike type I bought recently and would thoroughly recommend them. If you are buying for the first time, consider buying a double strike and a full sorbothane insole and see which shoes they suit best. You'll probably keep both and then buy some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars I swear by these insoles!, 29 Sept. 2013
Sorbothane Insoles. I used to be unable to run outside on the pavements due to shin-splints, but Sorbothane Insoles, because they absorb such a massive amount of the shock everytime my foot strikes the ground, it made running outdoors possible.

I NEVER run without these insoles in my trainers nowadays, there is enough to worry about without splints interrupting my training, when something so simple as these items can help prevent or reduce the shock.

I did have a pair of these insoles that were around nine years old at one point and they were still doing the job, that is no exaggeration, superb product, so much so, that I recommend them to everybody who has splints :D

They have a lifespan of approx 10 years, that is good going if you ask me.

I have tried other insoles, including gel ones, but they were not enough to stop my shins from hurting, only Sorbothane ones seem to do the job for me, Doublestrike are my preferred insoles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a very real difference., 4 Feb. 2014
I walk a lot & do as a consequence suffer various foot pain issues & I purchased these to replace the thin stock insoles on a pair of decent quality new walking boots.
The difference in comfort during walking in them, and foot pain as a consequence after my walks is remarkable.
They are easy to cut to fit and it is obvious they will continue to work well for a very long time, as the rubber appears pretty durable.
I have noted the odd review stating that their thickness can turn a close fitting pair of shoes/boots unwearable because of the increased tightness. I don't doubt that if the footwear is pretty close fitting already.
These are up to 1cm thick at the heel-part (less so elsewhere), so I would say that if the footwear has even a small amount of toe-room and spare width then there should be no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars SORBOTHANE Double Strike Insole, 25 Feb. 2013
J. Davies (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
As these were half the price of my very good Superfeet insoles, I was unsure about this product but thought it worthwhile to proceed. My first reactions on the experience of several short 2- and 5-mile walks with the insoles in my Berghaus walking shoes is that they are very comfortable indeed, particularly the cushioning of the heel. The forefoot cushioning also relieved the discomfort of my 'arthritic big-toe'! Only time will tell how well they wear, but for the time being I am very pleased - in fact, I am about to reorder another pair for my Brasher boots. Criticisms? - perhaps they could be a few millimetres wider in the forefoot to fit wider-fitting shoes and boots and allow for trimming where necessary. Delivery by Royal Mail was a day later than the estimated delivery date - and was made just an hour after I had chased the item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my badminton shoes., 22 July 2011
I have these in my UK 10.5 Yonex badminton shoes. They fit perfectly. Provide excellent comfort and cushioning and protection from injury. Also improves my movement greatly with excellent bounce. However quite thick, about an inch, so will add to height/volume of the foot in the shoe so need to have the shoes tied up tightly or the foot will push against front of shoe and cause the front of the shoe to rip.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ones to have, 9 Jan. 2012
Got the "full strike" ones as I thought they would be better. How wrong was I?

They are so much thinner and these have alot more cushioning to them.

Basically for trainers, the full strike, for big clumpy workboots, these ones, the double strike.

They smell as well but that soon fades

Will buy some more in 6 months

5.0 out of 5 stars ARMY tested for 10 years! Best insoles ever...., 23 Jun. 2012
hi, when i joined the marines (1999) these insoles where recommended to be to be placed inside the standard issue army boot. they have been excellent for running in and provide fantastic cushioning (such as when landing on your feet after a high jump!). when running you can feel the spring and bounce! luckliy i have never had any injuries. they prevent (and can cure) injury/pain in the legs, shins, feet and back! i have now bought another pair for inside my running/gym trainers. the double strike ones are quite thick so you may have to go up a size (or a half)in your shoe/boot. they also provide some arch support. they are very durable and my first pair lasted 3 years of daily wet and dry use in army boots. if they do get soaked they can be wrung out by hand which gets them 80% dry! i also wear them inside by works rigger boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cushioning, less for stability., 23 May 2015
I use these insoles in my New Balance 890v4. These shoes have quite a bit of cushioning of themselves. Due to a sore hip I tried to make as less impact as possible when running.

The run is very plush when using these in my 890's. Remove the insole provided with the shoes since these insoles are quite thick. Running in a straight line on a hard surface is ok although I noticed my ankles and the muscles around them had to adjust. Felt like a bit more strain on them. Having run for 60 km with them the ankles are used to the new insole and my hip problem isn't aggravating. Especially on a downhill section I notice the improved impact cushioning. Significantly better.
The downside is that due to the thickness of the insoles and the high amount of cushioning in the 890's, you have to be careful on an uneven surface. When turning left or right while running I also notice less stability. Which is ok if you have strong ankles but if you need stability as well, you might want to go for less thick insoles.

I have been using less thick insoles in the same shoes and now these. Less thick means more control and less cushioning. Running is a bit more enjoyable on the less thick insoles. But I have been going for the thicker insoles knowing it reduces strain on my body. And with an additional 60km on them, I am used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be without, 12 May 2013
I spend the majority of my time on my feet in both working life and leisure time, so I try to make walking as comfortable as possible. After trying various other cushioned soles, I am now onto my third pair of these insoles as I've found I just can't be without them any more.

I have two identical pairs of trainers, one of which has these insoles. When I accidentally put on the pair without, it felt like I was walking barefoot. Changing over trainers to the pair with these insoles literally put the spring back into my step. I've recently bought some for my work boots as I spend 8-10 hours in them. Within a couple of days my feet were no longer sore at the end of the day, as had been the case previously.

These are not the cheapest insoles out there, but there are (to my mind) the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 26 Jan. 2014
Remember to take your original insoles out of your trainers before putting these in! That would seem like common sense, but I didn't originally. As you can imagine, my trainers were slightly less tight after I'd removed the puny insoles the shoes came with (seemingly even really good running shoes have lousy insoles, which is why I bought these.) The soles themselves are very high quality and the packaging they come in is superb too, almost a shame to throw it out. This makes you feel you are being really good to your feet which helps when you're contemplating a long run. I'm now thinking of buying more for my golf shoes, my walking shoes and even my everyday work shoes as I do like walking as much as I can, never mind running....