5.0 out of 5 stars Budget busting head cam
I am really impressed with the capability of this "tiny" camera. Its not just compact but also really easy to use with very intuitive switches and buttons a real "plug and play" set up (even on Vista) with a simple drag and drop facility.

The video quality is very good with very little motion blur (see below) and the run time is acceptable (although in the cold...
Published on 27 Oct. 2009 by J. P. Gillard

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected
From the reviews of other similar products I didn't have my hopes raised too high for this one. I was wrong. It's solidly built and well presented and the video quality in daylight is comparable to my Sony handycam. (if you prop it up and leave it to record.) artificial light sees quality drop dramatically, but what do you expect for the price. On the con side. buy the...
Published on 5 Nov. 2009 by Christopher Holmes

‹ Previous | 131 32 3345 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars tough as hell., 21 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro Digital Camcorder for Action Sports/Surveillance (Includes 4Gb Memory) (Camera)
i am very impressed with vcc-003 muvi cam.i use this for downhill mountain biking and find it easy to use and the camcorder unit is very tough as i found out on my first outing.
i used this while out biking for about 7 hours filming just the good bits,then finished the day off in the pub :) i left my helmet plus cam on my handlebars,yes you guessed it my bike falls over landing on the helmet and the cam.
the only thing broken was the mount for attaching it to my helmet that was supplied with the extreme pack.....wish they added a spare to this or made them out of metal,got home to find all footage intact,tough little beauty!!!

like i said needs a stronger designed mounting bracket with maybe a way to attach it to goggles or for the side of helmets( less chance of hitting overhead trees or floors when dropped) :)

sound quality is not so good but for what i use it for thats not important.....i would still recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Mar. 2011
Well, I have just tried this today, these are my findings.

The unit.

Small and good quality feel about it.
Buttons easy to use if you fingers are in good health.
All you need is in the box to get going.
If you are able, secure the camera with a small cable tie to the croc clip, or use the lanyard.

Recordings so far at home and on a motorcycle.

Excellent for informal video recording. Don't expect HD, if you want that...pay for it.
Downloading....really really easy.
Quality is poor with the SD card provided, I changed this for a basic branded SD card, the quality is much improved.
With a good SD card it will be even better, so I have read.
Sound quality on the motorcycle...hmmmmmm...!
It is also a good web cam.

Would I recommend it, well now that I have it, if I lost it, I would buy another without hesitation.

I would also suggest you buy the accessory pack, but don't pay more than £10.00 for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just how good can it be if you try?, 13 Jan. 2012
Length:: 0:51 Mins

Never mind the shakey bike videos, how about usage for film making in general?
Some test footage using Avidemux to upscale and color grade, then Windows Movie Maker to edit.

So for the price, I think these basic results show that it's worth having as an additional asset if you are a
budding film maker. Mainly because of the small size and the stand-alone nature of the thing plus the fact it masters
in AVI format.

Only scratching the surface here as I have had the thing less than a month. Hope to make a full demo reel using this cam.

The base resolution means you are not going to make TV or cinema or DVD works, but if you like the online video format (2" screen size) then this cam is definitely worth considering for the portability, price, ease of use, battery life, quality, etc.

Requires a lot of 'playtime' to get to know methinks. Just experiment and see what it is capable of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little wonder, 21 Jun. 2011
A. Kumar "Book Lover" (UK) - See all my reviews
This little webcam arrived a few days after ordering. I was impressed by prompt delivery. Packaging was top class. Webcam is very sturdily made, easy to follow instruction. On replaying the recorded footage, I was pleasantly surprised to discover high picture quality, no blurr and good colour saturation. For a small gizmo to give such good result was beyond my expectation. I am really very satisfied and I will reccomend it to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not touch with a bargepole, 9 July 2011
Mr. R. Smith "Robert Smith" (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
I have only given thias camera one star as I am unable to give it none at all which would have been my preference.

This looks good and would be great if it worked but it leaves a constant loud fluttering sound on every video as a consequence of which the voice activation is non-functional because the camera is constantly 'hearing' a noise above 65dbs.

I replaced this with another version of the same camera - also through Amazon. The replacement does not work at all. I am now out of pocket about £[] and I still don't have a usable micro-video camera. I now have to package these cameras and post them back to Amazon.

I also made the mistake of buying their 'recommended' micro SD card, only to discover that it is not really the right one for the job. More wasted money!

This is not a good place to shop!

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible microphone, 16 Mar. 2013
I am satisfied of the features in general, but the audio is very bad, there is always a weird background noise, that's inconceivable with it. Reading the other reviews I wondered if also mine is a fake Muvi product ... Anyhow, I think the real company should act differently against the fake sellers and let customers know how to recognize the real ones properly without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Camera, But Surprisingly Heavy, 7 Mar. 2013
S Clark (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The build quality on mine was excellent - I read reviews of people getting "plastic" type fake ones - so I was a little worried at first. The recording quality is very good for such a little camera, it is easy to download the recordings to a PC. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is because it is actually really quite heavy. I bought the mounting kit for various sports activities, but there isnt a holder in there that you could use for every day life. I just watched the film End of Watch where the policeman has the little one attached to his shirt, this is too heavy to do that. I tried to attach it in various ways, but each time the camera would be so heavy it would fall off, or droop so that it was looking at the floor. Not a fault in the design, but not useful for what I wanted to do with it - record my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 May 2015
Fab little camera thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec. 2014
Great item. Thanks......

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase - although I await a replacement!, 17 Mar. 2013
A cracking little gadget. It was purchased in the UK for use in West Africa (provide visual and audio evidence / support from practical systems tests). It worked well for 13 recordings, however suddley stopped recording. The charging light (solid red) will not turn off no matter how long the device is charged for or if removed from the USB connection.
Veho Technical Support have been great in their responses to my problem and have concluded that the device is faulty and in need of replacement. I have emailed Amazon for assistance (I am still in West Africa and won't return until outside of the 30 purchase returns date) - I await their response / support.
In summary, a great purcahse although its unfortunate that mine has stopped working. I look forward to it being replaced.

‹ Previous | 131 32 3345 | Next ›