‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank Goodness!, 23 Oct. 2011
Aly Gator "muslie" (Newmarket, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
I have waitied so long for this to come out on dvd. For the last nearly ten years it has only been available on video and who has those any more? Just simply the best wildlife series ever made. Also incorporating some of the long held customs and traditions of these islands, showing a snap shot through the year of 1999,of how the people, the landscape and the wildlife were living together at the turn of the millenium. If anyone wants to know what it means to be British,the heritage of these islands and the response of nature to the changing seasons, then this dvd is for you. If you just like the wildlife, you will never do better than to buy this. Pity I can't give it a ten star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply magical - makes you proud to be British!, 10 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
As an avid viewer of wildlife documentaries, I can honestly say that this is one of the best I have ever seen, if not THE best.

It's a truly magical celebration of our British wildlife, set within the context of the changing seasons and the interrelationships between wildlife and man.

The only drawback - though a very minor one - is that it now feels a little dated, though this only reflects the fact that (presumably) there was a delay of several years in its release. This does not, however, detract from such a wonderful and well-produced series, and I strongly recommend this to anyone with an interest in our wildlife, landscape and natural heritage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant records of wildlife through the seasons, 14 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
I had videod this series when it was on TV becuase of the excellent photography.
I bought the DVD when I discovered it was available. For anyone interested in the wildlife and flora of Britain, this is a "must have". The images are stunning and the narration is excellent. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Britain, 7 May 2010
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
As an expat Briton, I frequently yearn for the green forests, hedgerows and wildlife of rural Britain and this set of DVDs does not disappoint. It is beautifully shot and worth seeing again and again. Excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Britain, 13 Oct. 2011
Trubrit (Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
As a very homesick ex-pat, I enjoyed this DVD very much. At first I found the narration a little boring, but now I find his voice calming. I love the simple and beautiful music, and I like that at times the narrator is quiet and allows you to enjoy the beauty of the scene.

A wonderful trip through the British countryside throughout the seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best British Wildlife, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
A first class DVD illustrating the lives and habitats of a great number of bird and animal species. All seasons covered as are all areas of Britain,the scenery itself is breathtaking in places and the closeup photography of the subjects is brilliant. This disc is a must for lovers of British wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Britain, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
we bought this as we have decided not to watch any TV when we moved to new house but having a three year old new that this might be tricky. Any way we all love this DVD especially our little boy who could be the next david attenborough. he can't get enough of the first DVD and particularly loves the golden eagle footage. The photograph is as you would expect from a BBc production excellent and the narrator Samuel West has a soporific effect. it is a great watch no matter how many times we are having to see it. well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Britain, 20 Mar. 2014
Rpa De-layen Vian "Roz" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
I'm on my fourth copy! Sons and friends having purloined The others, but they won't get their hands on my current copy as it's well hidden!. It's a treasured possession and on dull days I play it and my mood lifts immediately. Stunning photography and gentle narrative make this one of the best natural history DVDs ever. I have a vast collection of wildlife DVDs and books, but none has ever come near to beating this, my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful Britain, 22 April 2014
Mr. J. A. Heath (Wallington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this box set DVD for my husband's birthday recently. And we have watched all three of the DVD's. I think the box set is excellent so informative and it gives a good insight into Britain's wildlife etc. The photography is also excellent in capturing the natural habitat in which some of Britain's amazing animal life lives. Samuel West as the narrator really takes the viewer on a journey around the British isles to some places few people ever see. Highly recommend this box set and a good price for so much knowledgeable information.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting DVD, 1 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Living Britain: The Wildlife Year [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the Living Britain series when it was on TV, simply magical footage of undisturbed British wildlife in their natural habitat and I love how it captures the different wildlife featured throughout the seasons. A brilliant DVD and an extremely worthwhile buy for wildlife watchers like myself!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›