5.0 out of 5 stars unconventional strength
Loved this - intelligent, amusing and well written with strong, flawed and likable characters who are pretty much on the edge of traditional sci-fi, fantasy and thriller plots. Extra points from me. Brilliant. Thank you Lee Doty - please do more.
Published 20 months ago by Treacle

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and difficult
I did get to the end but I had my doubts along the way. It's an interesting premise but the narrative jumps from time to time with flash backs and flash forwards which I certainly found confusing. Either characters have multiple names or I lost the plot.

Published 16 months ago by Lee Stoddart

5.0 out of 5 stars unconventional strength, 12 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars This is new!, 24 Nov 2013
Sundodger (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Black (Kindle Edition)
One of the best stories I have read out of the Kindle store. It was fully populated with interesting characters and a nice n twisty plot line. Of all the new authors I have read through Kindle this is one of the few that shows a bit of spark. If you like your reading full bodied this is one for you.

This is a complete stand alone tale but its nicely open at the end. I would love to see what happens next.

More like this please Lee Doty!

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing and difficult, 29 April 2013
Lee Stoddart (Waterlooville, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Black (Kindle Edition)

I loved the opening chapter where a fall from a high building is described in such a way that time flows very slowly and yet the description of the emotions and thoughts seems to extend the whole piece. Filmically, this would be in super super slow motion.

I'm assuming our writer was writing for film but for me it didn't really work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of everything, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Out of the Black (Kindle Edition)
Great book by Lee Doty it has something from pretty much every genre of story you could think of. He has managed to merge sci fi with magical fantasty, added in some thriller/action adventure and just the right touch of rom-com. Well done Lee, looking forward to your next book already.

Out of the Black