on 2 September 2012
I bought this for my Senseo Viva Cafe and it fits perfectly (i.e. it does indeed work for more than just the Latte models as in the description). I've never even tried the expensive pods, as this produces great coffee. My tips for using it entail 1) heating up milk in a mug in the microwave at the same time as turning on the Senseo, thus giving the machine time to warm up, and then adding coffee to the mug directly from the senseo and 2) turning off the Senseo using the central power button the moment the colour of the coffee turns from dark to pale, thus giving it a more espresso-like taste (essential if you like a lot of milk). It might be wise to then turn the Senseo back on without the coffee duck and make half a cup of hot water to flush the remaining coffee out of the system.
on 17 December 2013
A month or so ago I bought a Senseo Quadrante machine, and was quite disappointed by the poor quality of the coffee obtained, and especially by the "crema" produced: it was a thick, bubbly foam, not a proper, tasty crema! Having read about the Coffeeduck I thought it was worth acquiring one in order to see if I could get better coffee using it than using the pad holders supplied with the Senseo machine. The first bit of good news is that I have found I can make nice coffee, with a much more sensible amount of "crema", by putting ground coffee in the Coffeeduck. The down-side is that it's a little more difficult to clean afterwards than when using Senseo coffee pads. But the best news of all is that the manufacturers state it's possible to use Senseo coffee pads in the Coffeeduck, and I can confirm that the results are, to my taste, again much better than using the supplied Senseo pad holders. Using coffee pads, cleaning the Coffeeduck is just as easy as cleaning the Senseo-supplied pad holders. So I can't recommend this product strongly enough.
on 29 February 2012
Very pleased with this product which is designed to fit my Senseo HD7825. I now enjoy a full array finely ground coffee, the expresso grade coffee seems to work best
on 23 September 2014
Brilliant. Would not have considered buying a coffee pod machine because of the ridiculous high price of pods per cup and restrictions on buying pods accepted by any one machine. The coffeeduck
changed my prejudice as I can grind my own choice of
beans fresh per cup at a fraction of the cost of pods. The coffeeduck option was the only reason I
simultaneosly bought a Senseo HD7825 which the
coffeeduck fits perfectly, replacing the pod holders
supplied with machine. The coffeeduck is well made, robust, easy to fill and clean. I like strong black coffee
and using the 2 shot option on the Senseo get a full mug of Americano style coffee superior to a Cafetiere
and quicker. I am so impressed I have ordered a second coffeeduck so I can make two Americano's or
a mug of espresso using the Senseo one shot option
twice in quick succession without cleaning out and refilling first. Honestly it is quick and easy and highly recommended for the Senseo HD 7825.
on 1 January 2015
Great product.
I had a problem with lack of good quality flavours, I tried this and now have a bigger selection of flavours.

The problem you get with the standard machine is a just warm cup of coffee. This has not helped the machines reputation. So I decided to see why. Here are my tips for getting the best out of the coffee duck.

1. Measure out 25ml off espresso ground coffee ( this is finer than filter coffee)
2. Pour into duck and compact level.
3. Put 1/3rd of a cup of milk (80ml) into the coffee mug.
4. Warm up the milk in a microwave for 40 to 50 second (depending on power of microwave).
5. Put duck into machine, put cup under spout. Press 1/2cup.
6. Press 1/2 cup again press, off button when you judge the coffee strong enough for you're taste.

Down side of the duck is the cleaning.
A. So put the duck with used coffee granules in to the sink to drain while you enjoy the coffee.
B. Get a piece of kitchen towel and empty on to it.
C. Clean all parts shaking out any excess water, allow to drain dry.
D. Despose of waste coffee.
on 9 August 2014
A chance to try different coffees. I've only tried two different kinds of coffee so far which were medium and have to say they are not as strong as the proper pads. I need to try a stronger roast perhaps as I see people recommend espresso. I will have to keep searching and experimenting. Have to say its easy to clean and for the price is good. Not sure why people say the ground coffee is cheaper as they seem to be about the same price as the pads in the supermarket. A good toy to experiment with.
on 12 June 2013
I tried a selection of ground coffees using this and didn't rate them as good as the strong senseo pods that I love. What I do find this useful for is when I am in a hurry and not had time to thoroughly clean the senseo version so that it works 100% this one will brew a coffee using the pods, the only downside I find I dont get much of a creamy froth with the coffee duck. I drink my coffee black these days since discovering senseo you dont need milk or creamer.
on 7 June 2014
Does what it says .We live in France and had bought 6 packs of coffee on special offer for existing coffee machine which then after only 8!!! years of use packed up . Had already ordered Senseo as birthday present and didn't want to waste (or give away the coffee).
Takes a little longer (20seconds) and slightly more messy than pods ,but makes lovely coffee.
on 21 June 2014
Senseo coffee pads don't offer much choice except strong, medium and light. I wanted a wider choice so went for this coffee duck which fits my HD7860 machine perfectly. I can now shop around and use any coffee I fancy especially as I go to France and Holland fairly often and the choice there is mind boggling with many good brands at less than 2.50 euro per pack, so this is a no brainer. Some say you can only use very finely ground coffee like Italian espresso with a duck, but that is not true. You can use what you like as long as it's been ground and not whole coffee beans chucked in the duck to make perfect coffee every time. However, if you only like frothy coffee the duck isn't for you as it doesn't really do the frothing bit although you can wrap your coffee into filter paper and faff around folding it up like a tea bag and use that method without a duck, but I see no point as coffee is about taste and not looking like a small cup of Guinness.
on 29 February 2012
Great product, very well made, makes coffee for the senseo much more affordable! Only takes 10 seconds more to make a coffee than the normal senseo bags. It's also very easy to clean, just rinse under the tap and dry after use! Couldn't be better!