5.0 out of 5 stars Already supported by recent Linux kernels
If you want to use this with Linux, the driver is already built into the kernel so you won't need to install anything. Just plug it in to a USB port. I've tested this with Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit and it was recognized straight away without any fuss and appeared as ttyACM0.
Published on 11 Dec. 2010 by jacaranda

3.0 out of 5 stars Modem for windows 7 64bit OS
Published on 29 April 2010 by Rudi Rednose

3.0 out of 5 stars Modem for windows 7 64bit OS, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
On getting a new computer with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS I needed a modem so I can send and receive the occasional fax from my computer. This modem works fine, but it has one annoying clitch: every time the computer is switched on, the modem is powered on as it is plugged into a USB port and I am asked if I want to install the software for the modem. It is just a second each time, but still gets annoying after a while. It would be useful if the necessary software could be made to reside on the harddisk rather that on the modem itself.Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem

5.0 out of 5 stars Already supported by recent Linux kernels, 11 Dec. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Dec. 2009
Anthony Stott "Greentree" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
Since Apple USb Modems are hard to come by these days, this is an ideal replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service from Zoom, 3 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
I purchased this modem to install in my Windows 7 64 bit computer after reading the positive reviews on this site. I need to be able to send and receive the occasional fax and thought I would finally throw away my fax machine and replace it with this neat device. To date, I have been unable to get it to send or receive one fax, although the pc says it is installed correctly. I downloaded the latest 64 bit driver from the internet but still no joy. I build my own computers so would normally expect to be able to install a "simple" peripheral like this. Live Zoom customer service chat cancelled on me twice (after a wait of 8 minutes each time) and I am still waiting for a response to my email to customer support. Their target is to respond in 72 hours. If I treated my customers like that, I wouldn't have any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard piece of kit, 11 Mar. 2011
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
This replaced a whole lot of problems with page sender versions 1 -200 as it were and I can't believe how neat, easy to use and downright efficient this is. I use a mac OSX version 10.6.6. Zoom never lets me down, faxes come zooming out of my printer asap and I am relieved not to have to keep fiddling about trying to retrieve them as before. I am not a techie but can wholly recommend this little wonder. Only slight problem is I couldn't find it anywhere on the computer but nevertheless knew it's there and it picked up and so all's well. Now I can see it's logo on the top right hand bar. I know everyone should stop using faxes and stick to emails but somehow they have lingered on in the deep psyche of our business, commercial fishing, and so we have to be ready to send and receive them. Plug in and go as far as I can see, I shan't question it any further, just enjoy it working fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with WIN7, 29 Nov. 2011
Roland Suttels (Belgium) - See all my reviews
Works OK with Windows XP, not with WIN7
Maybe there is a trick, but a simple thing like a modem should be plug and play in WIN7

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on a Mac, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
It took me ages to find a USB modem that is Mac-compatible. This one is. It is very easy to set up: just follow the instructions provided in the package and you'll be up and running in 5 minutes or less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Macintosh compatible as described, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
I bought this in order to use a fax functionality on the latest Apple iMac, and I have to say it works as described, making us overall happy for choosing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem, 2 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
Worked brilliantly straight out of the box on my Intel iMac! Great product,easy to install and excellent value for money.Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zoom Modem Review, 14 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem (Electronics)
For those with old modems not supported by Windows 7 this is an excellent product. Small, light and easy to install. My only issue was having to donwload the Windows 7 drivers from the Zoom website as they were not included on the installation CD-ROM.

Zoom 56k V.92 External Usb Modem