4.0 out of 5 stars Good Kit let down by documentation, 26 Sept. 2009
Mr. A. Watt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer Aspire Revo R3600 Desktop PC (Intel Atom N230 1.6 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Wireless Gamepad, Vista Home Premium) (Electronics)
The main problems I had with this kit were down to the the wireless devices and the total lack of appropriate documentation to help avoid confusion.
Emptying the contents of the package everything appeared to be there including a device that looked like a USB memory stick with a neon blue swith/indicator light which I wrongly assumed to be the receiver for the mouse and keyboard. After connecting everything and installing all the batteries, I switched on.
The device started up OK, but when the instal process needed user input I found the mouse and keyboard didn't work. I plugged in a USB keyboard and mouse in order to complete the set-up.
There was a manual on the computer, but it doesn't cover the wireless accesories.
I discovered the Game Controller worked, but still no activity from the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.
I eventually found out that the Wireless Receiver for the Keyboard and Mouse is kept in the battery compartment of the Mouse. Once I installed this receiver, the problem devices worked, but I still had a problem with the keyboard. Certain keys didn't type as expected. It turned out that NumLk was on and required a 2 key keypress to deactivate it.
The device doesn't come with any disks but does have a utility to create a set of disks. To do so you need an external DVD or CD burner but with 6 USB ports this shouldn't be a problem. It required 3 DVD disks for the Recovery disks and a further DVD for the Drivers and Applications disk.
Clearly this device isn't the same as a full blown PC, But has the advantage of using less power and practically silent apart from when the boot process turns up the fan briefly.
The desk stand appears to be far too loose and flimsy, but I do recomend the use of the VESA mounting kit provided your monitor has the appropriate mounting holes.
All in all I'm pleased with the kit and its performance, but I'm not a gamer. I'm more into Movies and having the E-SATA and HDMI connectors combined with the small size of this device make it a useful addition to my media system.
I worry that what appears to be a decent bit of kit will get rejected by frustrated buyers as a direct result of the absence of just a few lines of useful information being included in the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars the greenest solution for emails and media, 18 Oct. 2009
Although this little gem doesn't have enough grunt for the serious gamer it is perfect for internet browsing, watching iplayer, general pc use and some gaming.

It easily runs high graphic multi functions on 52" HD monitor while running an HD web cam so is perfect for social networking too

This will save you ££££s on your electric bill as it only uses the amount of power it needs to carry out tasks then powers down to idle at next to nothing.

Plus its tiny size and quiet running means you can use this anywhere you have a power supply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy home computer, 24 Nov. 2009
I bought two of these; one for me, and one for my daughter at my son's suggestion. I have it attached to the back of my flat screen tv, in a living room.
Photos look much better on it than on the laptop's screen.
If I were going to use it for some serious work, then I'd consider paying the extra amount for the higher specified version.
The only problem I find is that the print size is a little hard to read from the other side of the room; and if I increase the print size then too much of the detail is out of view. A real technophile would know a fix for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Revo, 27 Oct. 2010
Paulo Mendes (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great item, good price and excellent quality. I am oppening a business and i got five of these. Totally reccomend it.