5.0 out of 5 stars WOW THEY WORK !
'Wow ! They work !'

That was my initial 'shock' response as the drivers finished installing and I was treated to a fully 3D ,out of the screen, Nvidia Logo; spinning around in front of my eyes !
This piece of kit is totally amazing and I have spent hours playing with games that have gathered dust for eons on my shelf to see them in glorious 3D.
RTS...
Published on 3 Sept. 2009 by Daniel James

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustration in a box
Published 20 months ago by Flyboy

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW THEY WORK !, 3 Sept. 2009
Daniel James - See all my reviews
'Wow ! They work !'

RTS games look the business, as you stare at little 3D toy soldiers running around in front of your screen!
Left 4 Dead is already a top game BUT try it in FREAKIN' 3D and you can never go back to 2D again. I can only assume I am the first reviewer for these glasses as all the other owners haven't been able to unplug themselves from their 3D games machines for a single second. Everyone I have demonstrated these to have had the same JAW-DROP response as I did. 'WOW'.
Yes, the initial outlay is expensive. But my advice is, if you are in the market for a new screen, buy the 120hz models that are now out and get some of these truly amazing glasses too. you won't regret it - NO WAY!!! There is no point in me trying to describe the 3D effect you have to see it for yourself. JUST BUY THEM BUY THEM BUY THEM!!!!
*They will also work with old 120hz compatible CRT screens, so maybe hang onto that 22" behemoth you were going to chuck out after all?!...*

Since I posted this nVidia seem to have taken the option to use a CRT away in the latest driver update, shame, they have closed the door to cheap 3D gaming. I am still using these glasses for gaming though and I have just tested with 3D Bluray and can honestly say that I got that jaw drop moment all over again. If you are still thinking about taking the plunge I'd say you would be very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT ... READ THIS, 12 Dec. 2009
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
Ok so I got my Samsung SM2233BW 22-inch Widescreen TFT Monitor installed it no problem .... and then came over an hour of hell. I run a Windows 7 PRO system with 2 8800GTX cards in SLI format; AND HERE IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS !!!!
I spend nearly an hour getting 'unrecognised Operating System' then I got a variety of mismatches and I tried downloading the latest drivers from NVIDIA ...anyway you get the idea. Well when I was about to give up and was cursing I tried one last thing. I disabled the SLI in the NVidia interface and TAH-DAH it all came good. So when you do buy this, follow the instructions carefully, make sure you do everything in the order it tells you ... but most of all make sure you disable SLI if you have it.

Now onto the games .... LEFT FOR DEAD (The original) absolutely rocks !!! It's fabulous !!! Turn it on and play the game and be prepared for fun :)
MODERN WARFARE 2 is also very very good with the guns feeling 'real' especially looking down the scope .... Depth needs to be set shallower than Left for DEAD as a lot of the waypoint writing is a little 'odd' looking...but set depth a tad shallower and it all comes good.
NOW .... Here's a thing. Games are rated as Poor, Medium, Good, Excellent and ..... 3D Ready. Well Left for Dead (Seriously...buy it) and MW2 are both classed as EXCELLENT but my son and I downloaded the BATMAN ARKHAM demo of the game and this is classified as '3D READY' and ... WOW !!!!! This really is just crazy.... it's sooooooo good. I hate BATMAN but I'm going to buy this just to play it :)

Anyway folks...if you have a decent graphics card (Check the NVidia site but top end 8 series, 9 series and the new 285/295 cards all support 3D) get a monitor and the glasses and you really will be blown away....this is definately a great leap forward and I really hope we get lots of early adopters.

5 stars !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars NVidia 3D Vision, 31 Dec. 2009
Mr. A. Weller "Andy Weller" (England) - See all my reviews
This a mega leap forward from the old style red and blue fail 3D days

All games look amazing in Proper 3D But especially games like Modern Warfare 2, Tomb raider Underworld, Eve Online, Mass Effect, Fear 2 (which is pants browning in 3D). all of these made me stop to pick my jaw up off the floor more than once.

For instance in Tomb Raider when going through the under sea caverns near the begining you can see the water running down the cave walls, cobwebs and dust motes float in 3D before you. So truely emersive that i have played these games through all the way through again lol.

Slight issues with ghosting but not so bad that it spoils it. And brightness falls because the glasses are quite dark. I over came this issue simply by uping the brightnes in the games.

I had no headaches and no compatability issues with the games i tried. Maybe some slight motion sickness on the Rio level in MW2 but other than that all was good.

This is an NVidia compatable product only and you do need a flashy new 120Mhz monitor to go with them. But the 3D is Driver based so there should not be to many issues with games new and older.

My System Specs are:

Nvidia GTX280 OC
Pentium Q6600
4GB Ram
120mhz Monitor

All the games mentioned above ran very nicely on this setup. Even Crysis Warhead ran with only some minor grfx adjustments

4 Stars from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but download latest drivers!, 18 Oct. 2009
thingy_wingy (Accrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
I purchased these to use with the Samsung 2233RZ monitor and what a wonderful combination they make. Games come to life and as the previous reviewer suggested; generate an interest in games which have been gathering dust for some time.
A word of warning though, installation can be a bit tricky (Windows 7 64-bit version). You really do have to remove all previous graphics drivers first, as suggested in the manual and install the 3d CD drivers for both graphics and then 3d in order to make the transmitter work. You will also need to do this from a freshly downloaded and latest 3d CD from the Nvidia site, especially if you don't want to see the blue screen of death in Windows 7!
Well worth the effort!

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustration in a box, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
At the time I bought these 3D glasses they were the best option in my opinion for getting a 3D effect when playing games on the PC. In my case, Microsoft's Flight simulator, of which I am a keen user. I paid a premium for a 120hz monitor and a high end graphics card hoping to get the best performance from the experience of 3D in flight. Initially I was not disappointed. I was delighted with the 3D effect when running Flight simulator coupled with photo realistic scenery and other software additions which added to the realism of weather and texture.
Nvidia released a driver update and thus my problems started. Somehow all settings related to Flight simulator became corrupted, I was now getting red/green stereo not 3D glasses stereo. Initially a delete and reload of drivers related to 3D vision was sufficient. This of itself does not sound such a big deal but getting the update to stick meant I had to delete a lot more than just the 3D driver, (I spent days of research to sort out the problem I had).
Sorted at last, or so I thought. Then Nvidia released another update and my problem returned. I eventually found that a stereo 3D on flag in the registry was not being set. Again, which one and how took a very considerably long time. I disabled all automatic updates and decided I would under no circumstances make any changes to what was a stable 3D viewing platform. Then after a break from running flight simulator, I fired up the PC that I have dedicated to it to find, you guessed it, 3D is not starting up, again!!!!!! Best guess at the moment is that Windows update, also caused an update of Nvidia drivers corrupting other elements in the Nvidia glasses/Vision chain.
For all you prospective purchasers out there, take a look at the forums, it's not just me experiencing this and not just Flight Simulator where these problems are happening.
If all goes well, the 3D effect is truly awsome! Certainly worth the money, even worth some of the hassle necessary to get it running right. Nvidia's repeatedly poor programming in regard to the update of drivers though, I myself will be looking for an alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a gimick, 29 Sept. 2011
A. Phillips "MrZkaar" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
I have been known to buy the odd gimmicky gadgets, so wasn't setting my expectations too high when i bought this. But wow! 3D is brilliant! Your monitor becomes a window into your game with real depth and scope to your games, games like Word of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Metro 2033 just look amazing and add that real wow factor.

It's true what they say that once you've seen the games in 3D you don't go back. Don't be fooled thought, 3D is expensive I had to buy a new 3D monitor and also take my GTX 580 to x2 with SLi. Using 3D can easily half your frame rate on max setting so if your getting 30fps 40fps then 3D really wont work for you. So make sure you have good frame rates and great graphics card(s) before going 3D.

With games like Diablo 3, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Star Wars the Old Republic etc coming out this year 3D gaming is going to be epic.

3D is worth the investment, just make sure you have the right graphics power to use and you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed..., 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
I am very impressed indeed with this kit. I have a Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera (10.2 MP, 3x Zoom, 3.5 Inch LCD Screen) camera and this kit brings those images to life splendidly. I sympatise with some of the other reviewer expereinces, since I too had issues with the included drivers, but downloading the latest graphic card driver package (contains all the 3D elements as well) from NVidia made all the difference and install was simplicity after that.

I also have a Sony 3D TV and I think the results from this kit and my computer 3D monitor exceed the quality of the TV picture by a good margin.

I highly recommend this product; just make sure you have a good NVidia graphics card to be able to view 3D at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nvidia 3D For PC, 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
Before you purchase this product know that stereoscopic 3D, in it's current incarnation and implementation on the PC, is very much a work in progress.
It's best to first visit Nvidia's community forums to check which games work and which don't. When it works the games looks fantastic and when it doesn't the games become unplayable so disable 3d mode. for watching movies in 3D haven't actually found any that work, with these. only some movie trailers that are shown on Nvidia's 3dvisionlive site.

Good product for PC
I highly recommend this kit. At it's best it is glorious. However, before you invest visit Nvidia's forums and see how your favourite games run, as that may influence your decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 17 July 2011
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
This product works very well after you ditch the supplied software, which is older than the software supplied with my Graphics card.A fresh copy of the software from the nvidea site and a clean of the registry from the old supplied software made the 3D work perfectly.I haven`t found a game yet that it cannot give a 3D effect on. Adjustment of the depth is required on some games. Also on some of the first person shooters the gun sights are a 2d object that cannot be rerendered into 3D, so you have to turn them off in the game and use Nvidea`s gun sights, otherwise you will find that your aim is out and you usually get killed.All in all a very good product and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The cheapest, but pricey at the same time, 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
I haven't yet tried these with any games. I bought these to view 3D photos I've taken.

Used with LG W2363D 3D LCD monitor and Palit 1GB Geforce GT 240 graphics card, it's very impressive. The cheapest I've found them is on Amazon. But in general, I think they are pricey, perhaps because there's not much competition. Especially, when a second pair is just as expensive.

They look very cool. They are light, and fits easily to you face. They come with a soft bag, and all the cables needed to charge the glasses and use the transmitter.

You may have to download the latest drivers from Nvidia's website, as my monitor wasn't recognised at the first installation.

NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses