on 15 June 2010
I've been waiting for this figure since it's initial release just before my birthday, which was in Febuary. I missed the chance to order this figure when it first appeared on amazon, so when it reappeared on the first of June, i ordered it straight away.

Alt-mode:

In Alt-mode, Barricade is a Ford Saleen Mustang, a very nicely detailed version of the first movie CGI model. It's interior is also the most detailed of all the Human Alliance figures currently released, with actual moulded details on the inside of both doors, as well as a nicely detailed dashboard. It also has several aditional details that the Deluxe version does not have, unfortunately, I don't have the deluxe version, so i can't compare right now.

Robot Mode:

The robot mode is also very impressive, transformation is relatively easy once you get the hang of it, the instructions appear to be in japanese (at least mine are) but there are plenty of tutorials on youtube if you get stuck.

The figure stands really well under it's own wieght, it's left forearm holds the spring-loaded saw arm, which flips out on a spring when the gas cap is pressed, this button can be kinda sensitive, and can easily release while trying to transform the figure back to alt-mode, but it's easy to put back.

Other gimicks include the chest cavity where you can store frenzy (I'll get to him later), Barricade also has two fold-out 'guns', under his chest, which Frenzy can 'control', if you can pose him right, while having him poking out of the chest.

Barricade also has a rather cool little gimick, and that's a working mouth, the top of his head is on a small hinge, which allows for some limited movement if you gently push his head back, giving him the illusion of speech. Barricade's head and face are also very nicely detailed (looks kinda like a mexican wrestler).

My ONLY small gripe with this figure, is the legs, I wish they could have done the hips and thighs a little differently. Because of two small tabs on his hips, it prevents them from rotating to a 90 degree angle to his pelvis, this gives him a strange swivel articulation his his legs, instead of a standard forwar-backward, but these tabs can be removed, with some care and the right tools, removing those tabs should allow for full articulation in the hips.

Half way down his thighs, they seem to bend slightly, I'm not sure how I missed that on the youtube reviews (I hope it's not a one-off mold defefct....), right now, i'm hoping this won't be too much of a problem.

Frenzy

Frenzy, is the most articulated companion to ship in the HA line, he has the most pionts of articulation, including mid-section, limited forward-backward at the neck, full shoulder and hip articulation, and excellent knee articulation (it's all part of folding him up to fit inside barricade), some parts of him do seem a bit soft, but so long as you're careful, they shouldn't break.

Overall, I'd give this a 5*, price is a bit steep, at twice that of the other HA figures, but judging by the instructions, it might be import, in which case it would make sense.

If I could knock off half a point for the leg issues i mentioned, I would, but i couldn't, and I don't think 4* would do this figure justice considering the detail that went into it.
on 27 January 2014
loved by my little boy but not very good valued for money, it is smaller than his other transformers and at nearly £40.00 it is very expensive, but he does love it, although he can not transform it alone, he is 5 years old
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse