Colour: Black - black|Change

on 19 March 2010
I did a bit of research on cycle computers and decided to try this one after having used many different brands from the cheapest to the more mainstream offerings.
All have either broken or been lost during use in some way or were not practical.
So far so good with the NERD.
It is very easy to set up, took me 20 minutes as I had two bikes to measure for the wheel sizes. This is very easy and the instructions are some of the most user friendly I have come across.
Initially I thought the unit and sensor look very bulky and awkward but depending on the colour you choose it does actually look good, of course its a matter of taste..
Units are easy to read and the touch screen functionality is robust. It gives a feeling of quality. The casing is silicon and I choose red due to being able to see it in the hedges if it ever comes off.
Accuracy is spot on as with most cycle computers. I measured it over long distance and it was perfect.
Switching between bike one and two on the computer is easy and each bike retains its own wheel size and odometre reading.
The real beauty of this unit is the ease which I can take it off my mountainbike and attach it to my road bike in two minutes. No zip ties or tape nonsense. The silicon straps or belts, are very secure and the sensor has two notches for MTB and road forks. My MTB has Fox 32 forks and it fits nice. A minute later it is on a thin roadbike fork snug as you like.
The only negative I see is the spoke magnet which is poor for round spokes. Has to be tightened too much. This is a minor thing as any magnet will work with the unit. This is hardly worth mentioning though.
It is expensive but I have spent far more getting other units which were cheaper and not so nice to look at.
I recommend this highly!
on 24 August 2013
Wanted to use it with indoor cycle trainer but signal doesn't reach from rear drive wheel to handle bars. Difficult to navigate through menu. Bike frame a little to wide -struggled to fit Nerd on frame.
on 10 December 2012
This is a great unit. Easy to fit, great visibility. Take some time to set up correctly, but well worth the effort. Once set up, very easy to use.
on 12 December 2014
Having replaced my previous Knog with this one I was very disappointed as it keeps cutting out and stops working. Even more disappointed with Amazon who state I can not return the item or have it repaired! Maybe I will have more success with the manufacturer! And maybe now I will not use Amazon anymore. Disappointing all round.
on 10 May 2014
Got this for my boyfriend. He loves it. Really easy to work, and totally waterproof, which they aren't all. It's a bit more pricey than some, but I think it's worth it :)
on 23 February 2012
Reliable and stylish, happy with purchase. Would buy this brand again (in fact have done so for front light). Used for 6 months problem free
on 22 March 2015
This is my second purchase of this device. It's easy to use and battery lasted 3 years! This is a replacement as the original was stolen.
on 20 August 2012
I got this item to fit into my bicycle, since I wanted to keep track of my progress.
I have to say that Knog really did a good job on this computer: it fits really well on the bike (it doesn't move about, so it's perfect for an off-road bike, such as mine), it's very easy to put in place and it is very accurate on its measurements!
If I have one complaint, I'd say that the fork sensor has to be very close to the spoke magnet, but it's just nitpicking, as it ensures the accuracy of the various informations it gives you.
It also looks brilliant on the bike (I bought the red one and it is very good looking), and the display is really easy to read, even in direct sunlight (it also has a backlight for night riders).
All in all, I'd recommend anyone to buy it, not only because it is really helpfull to every biker, but also because it's good looking, accurate, has all the functions you need and easily fits into every bike.
I was going to buy a Cateye, but I sure am glad I dind't, since this is, in its essence, a 5Star product!!!
on 22 October 2012
I'm impressed with the Knog Nerd, it's an excellent product. Unfortunately the fork sensor uses the same rubber strap as all Knog products and it's just not long enough to attach securely around average size shock absorbers, it kept coming off :( Disappointing as I would have liked to have kept mine.
on 19 July 2013
Exellent computer for ease of use,good functions quick to set up and user friendly. Plenty of positions to mount on bike (handlebars or stem even top tube is posible with ability to rotate computer in rubber housing)