Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 October 2011
This is a beautiful piece of work - as another reviewer suggested, it has a lovely atmosphere, nothing jars, nothing clashes and it flows soooo smoothly without ever becoming bland or anodyne. Very obviously inspired by Gilmour, it nevertheless has it's own style and there are some stunningly simple tracks here. Thankfully it is far more interesting (to my ears at least) than Gilmour's 'On an Island' which I find totally dull. It all just works really well and is particularly good to listen to while driving. As a big fan of Porcupine Tree, Pineapple Thief, Leaves, etc this fits the bill perfectly
on 12 February 2010
A stunning debut from Norwegian band Airbag. Take some classic Pink Floyd, add a dash of Moody Blues and some Coldplay and you have an idea what to expect. Simply beautiful.
on 29 December 2009
This is, without doubt, my favourite album of 2009. The debut album from this Norwegian group has reworked versions of songs on previous EPs, but (despite this) works as a whole work in its own right. Anyone who likes David Gilmour's guitar playing and the more melodic side of Pink Floyd will appreciate Identity. It flows so well and gives you almost 55 minutes of beautiful music - slow, thought provoking and worth digging out.
on 30 March 2010
I constantly scan around, looking for that certain something that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and here I found one. Many moons ago it was Lightbulb Sun, then came Out of Myself, Believe and more. I am/was an old proggie and love it all still, Relayer is still a classic to me, but there is some stunning new stuff around and strangely? a lot of it coming out of Poland, all good stuff.

I came across this album via Youtube, investigated more, purchased and put on the player and it has grown on me, into me and I can't stop listening to it now!

There's a wonderful atmospheric quality to this album, haunting guitars a la Floyd but so much more.........hell, I've expressed my opinion (for the first time?), give it a blast and let them know!

Cheers dears
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2014
I have all their Cd's now, This was the first one I bought and unfortunatley lost the disc!!! Bought the download which is great value. All Airbag's music is melodic rock with some fantastic construction to the tracks, the singing a touch off in parts, no doubt due to them being Norwegian. This doesn't detract that every track is of a great quality and the guitar work is absolute tops. Would love to see them in the UK.
on 19 September 2011
Amazing debut album for Airbag !!!

Great songs, an interesting space rock much contaminated by Porcupine Tree - Steven Wilson music productions and Pink Floyd too, but at the same time, original indeed.

Highly quality recording.

After listening some tracks on youtube I decided to buy it, and I'm glad I did it !!!
And now I look forward their new album very soon.

Greetings from Sicily (Italy)
Salvo
on 22 February 2016
never really bothered with until a friend suggested I listen. If you like melodic prog of the Pink Floyd guitar type this will appeal. I found the gradual lilting build up to each track a relaxing and pleasant experience. An album I feel for those more chilled out moments rather than the frenetic long distance work journey that I frequently complete
on 28 June 2013
Just to echo what others have already said, this is simply stunning..not a bad track on this album, very Floyd influenced but not a bad thing in my book..so glad I stumbled across these guys they are AMAZING!!! 10 Stars from me.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2016
Sometimes you lucky when you buy an album and just find every track so beautiful.This is one of those.Looking forward to their new album on June 10th or around that date.If it's like the other 3 we are in for a treat.
on 5 January 2016
Brilliant album. If you like Pink Floyd / Porcupine Tree then take the plunge - lot's of moody modern prog & excellent guitar solo's.