5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, simply excellent, 29 Oct 2011
JD (Rochdale, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IDENTITY (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful piece of work - as another reviewer suggested, it has a lovely atmosphere, nothing jars, nothing clashes and it flows soooo smoothly without ever becoming bland or anodyne. Very obviously inspired by Gilmour, it nevertheless has it's own style and there are some stunningly simple tracks here. Thankfully it is far more interesting (to my ears at least) than Gilmour's 'On an Island' which I find totally dull. It all just works really well and is particularly good to listen to while driving. As a big fan of Porcupine Tree, Pineapple Thief, Leaves, etc this fits the bill perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 12 Feb 2010
Dave S (Welling, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Identity (MP3 Download)
A stunning debut from Norwegian band Airbag. Take some classic Pink Floyd, add a dash of Moody Blues and some Coldplay and you have an idea what to expect. Simply beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album of 2009?, 29 Dec 2009
A. Young "AMCY" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Identity (Audio CD)
This is, without doubt, my favourite album of 2009. The debut album from this Norwegian group has reworked versions of songs on previous EPs, but (despite this) works as a whole work in its own right. Anyone who likes David Gilmour's guitar playing and the more melodic side of Pink Floyd will appreciate Identity. It flows so well and gives you almost 55 minutes of beautiful music - slow, thought provoking and worth digging out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise charmer, 30 Mar 2010
B Scott "scozmos" (S Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IDENTITY (Audio CD)
I constantly scan around, looking for that certain something that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and here I found one. Many moons ago it was Lightbulb Sun, then came Out of Myself, Believe and more. I am/was an old proggie and love it all still, Relayer is still a classic to me, but there is some stunning new stuff around and strangely? a lot of it coming out of Poland, all good stuff.

I came across this album via Youtube, investigated more, purchased and put on the player and it has grown on me, into me and I can't stop listening to it now!

There's a wonderful atmospheric quality to this album, haunting guitars a la Floyd but so much more.........hell, I've expressed my opinion (for the first time?), give it a blast and let them know!

Cheers dears

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Band. Great Music, Excelent Guitar Playing., 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Identity (MP3 Download)
I have all their Cd's now, This was the first one I bought and unfortunatley lost the disc!!! Bought the download which is great value. All Airbag's music is melodic rock with some fantastic construction to the tracks, the singing a touch off in parts, no doubt due to them being Norwegian. This doesn't detract that every track is of a great quality and the guitar work is absolute tops. Would love to see them in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!!!!!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Identity [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Just to echo what others have already said, this is simply stunning..not a bad track on this album, very Floyd influenced but not a bad thing in my book..so glad I stumbled across these guys they are AMAZING!!! 10 Stars from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Melodic With Good Vocals, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: IDENTITY (Audio CD)
I must say that I was nearly put off buying this because of the name of the group.
Airbag seems a little cheesy.
Never heard of them before, but was in my recommendations.
Having been previously disappointed by the vocals in a lot of these more modern progressive bands, Airbag were a breath of fresh air to me.
They actually have someone who can sing in tune and deliver more than acceptable vocals.
That said, the music is very pleasant and melodic.
I would definitely purchase other material by this band, if this album is representative of their craft.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best album of 2009, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: IDENTITY (Audio CD)
Amazing debut album for Airbag !!!

Great songs, an interesting space rock much contaminated by Porcupine Tree - Steven Wilson music productions and Pink Floyd too, but at the same time, original indeed.

Highly quality recording.

After listening some tracks on youtube I decided to buy it, and I'm glad I did it !!!
And now I look forward their new album very soon.

Greetings from Sicily (Italy)
Salvo

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brill!, 18 Nov 2013
R. Holmes (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Identity (MP3 Download)
I stumbled across this by accident and I am so glad I did! Identity is the product from Norwegian band Airbag which is very easy listening and (as others have mentioned)sounds very Pink Floyd(ish). Nothing bad in that as we will not be getting anything new from PF so there is a market for this kind of music.On the strength of this I downloaded their previous two albums and I have not stopped playing them since. Go on give yourself a treat !

IDENTITY
IDENTITY by AIRBAG (Audio CD - 2009)