5.0 out of 5 stars Hint
On disc 1 when you come to the menu, type 82997 (8/29/97 Judgement day) and you get another menu which offers two deleted scenes, the alternate ending and T1000 searching johns room, I liked the alternate ending better than the original. I hope I have helped you get more from your dvd.
Published on 12 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, interesting version, OK transfer
I enjoyed this version of T2, as I hadn't seen it before. It has some interesting extra footage that I wasn't expecting at all but which really adds to the story. The picture didn't initially impress me that much (I think I'd watched it back to back with Wall-E though... :) but stood up to sustained scrutiny. There's more details in the eyes, the faces, and the...
Published on 28 Dec 2008 by Dr T

‹ Previous | 128 29 30 31 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning, A great DVD for a great film, 8 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This DVD has absolutley everything. The film itself is one of the best ever made in the action genre and this Speacial Edition version really has everything. From the stunning animations at the start to the making of documentaries, there is nothing wrong with this DVD. The Data Source i found to be the most intriguing with every aspect of the film from pre-production to every special effect is covered in detail. There is simply hours of material here. This is the ultimate edtition of the film that has no faults. Amazing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 7 Mar 2010
This review is from: Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [1991] [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm with "Oldbloke's" review.

I am utterly sick of blue ray - it is a massive rip off, in my books. I have purchased only half a dozen blue ray disks as I had vowed not to get conned into replacing my substantial collection of DVDs with blue ray repeats (like I did with VHS tapes). I found the menu systems and compatability issues of the blue ray system vastly outweighed any advantages they brought with them.

Sure they look good (I have a nice Sanyo player that's a couple of years old [the same point I'd also bought a 50 inch Panasonic flat screen]). And they sound good with a 7 speaker system. So the effect is fantastic but largely not worth the effort.

Then there were the mounting problems...

My player stopped being able to play a set of Original Series Star Trek blue rays (I can only play the flip side that has the DVD's on them) and - as they'd cost me 100 on Amazon and all I can watch are the DVDs, I'm glad I bought the second and third seasons on region 1 DVD to play on my other machine. At less than a quarter of the price. Then I bought a copy of another film which wouldn't play at all in the Blue ray and I finally gave up: "no more Blue rays" I said to myself.

But then my wife very kindly bought me this T2 on blueray and so - full of anticpation - I put it in the machine and guess what: it wouldn't play at all (well - wouldn't get beyond a 'skynet' interrogation screen asking me what country I was in so that it new what language to nag me in).

So - as it was a present - I went back to Amazon and bought a pair of Netgear XE102 14Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter as (not being a teenager) my computer isn't sat next to my blue ray player and patently, having my blueray connected to the internet so that the manufacturers can see what I'm playing and whether it was pirated or not was just what I wanted. Anyway, personal privacy issues asside, this enabled me (for a mere 36) to allow myself the privilage of updaing the firmware on my player so that the blueray would actually play BUT (plainly) the machine is still not happy with my internet connection as it still thinks I can't access 'skynet' (jeeez - are these things all aimed at twelve year olds?) and so - finally coming to the point I made at the start of this rant) - I still agree with the reviewer that said it takes ten minutes to load: yep - read that again - 10 LONG MINUTES (I timed it).

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way round? Maybe it's for the full 'cinema experience' that HD and a surround sound system provides. It's like turning up at the pictures for an 8.00pm start, knowing full well that the film doesn't actually start till twenty past but you've got 10 minutes of 'pearl and dean' or the equivalent...

Blue ray manufacturers - this is awful. I want a disk I can stick in the machine and play. Not something I stick in the machine, go any get a choc-ice from the freezer, put on some microwave popcorn, poor a way-too-big cup of coke that I can't possibly finish, and then get back to my seat to find my step son kicking the back of my seat and texting his mates on his mobile. That's too much of the cinema experience, ta very much!

Stop it.

And everyone else, vote with your wallet and just wait for the next 'big idea' to come along. Can't wait to replace all my Blue rays with 'newly remastered 3D' versions...

Yippeeee!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a shame there aren't more than five stars, 5 Oct 2000
By A Customer
Terminator 2 is the single greatest film ever made. with mixes of both comedy, action and drama this is one film that mixes a lot of genres together and comes up with a truly spectacular final piece.
after reading some other reviews saying that this film was a disappointing remake i can simply hope that their film tastes will get better with age.
If you want a film you will be able to watch again and again and each time feel excited and touched by the story of an apocalyptic future and the bonding between a young human and a learning machine.
PUT SIMPLY, THE GREATEST

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but you won't really notice amid the mayhem., 11 July 2000
James Cameron's worthy sequel to his classic 1984 original is a riproaring action-fest from start to finish (excepting perhaps a dullish mid-section).
Schwarzanegger replays his deadpan cyborg role with aplomb, and Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor character makes Sigourney Weaver's Ripley look like a relative wuss by comparison.
The plot is pretty much what you'd expect if you've already seen the original, ie, Arnie comes back as the good guy to protect a young-teen John Connor from an even more ruthlessly efficient (and seemingly indestructable) cyborg, sent back from the future to wipe him out before he can reach adulthood and lead the human rebellion against 'the machines' (ie, the same basic plot as the original). Connor, like his mother, is a canny type who persuades Arnie not to go around blowing everyone away who may do only the slightest harm to him ! Again, the climax is spectacular and the state of the art (for 1991) visual effects really act to enhance the overall storyline, rather than just being there to support a duff plot (as in so many sci-fi movies of late).
The moral message of course is that man may one day take technology too far vis-a-vis advances in cybernetics, biomechanics and artificial intelligence etc, and that a seemingly minor technological advance can develop into something far beyond our control, much to the detriment of mankind... and borne out of the motive of corporate profit.
Both Schwarzanegger and Cameron have recently stated that they'd be interested in finalising the Terminator saga once and for all in a possible Terminator III production, with Cameron having already completed a draft screenplay.
Overall, as a pure actioner, Terminator 2 satisfies on most accounts and is well worth a look if you're in the mood for this type of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks fantastic on blu-ray, 19 Sep 2008
David E. Hamilton "radiouk" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terminator 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Terminator 2 looks fantastic on Blu-ray. The picture quality is excellence. I watched it on a

32-LG 32LC3R LCD TV
40 gb UK playstation 3

1.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare (menu) edition, 8 Jun 2009
P Edant (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
The film is wonderful in HD but... getting the wretched disc to play takes ages - ridiculous! I will be returning my disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 2 April 2013
Bought this to replace my back catalogue of my favorite movies but haven't watched it yet. 5 Stars in anticipation that it can only be at least as good as I remember it and it should have some nice extra's. Can't wait to watch it, once I get through my pile of movies to watch on Blu-Ray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok Bluray....., 31 Jan 2012
I ordered this a few weeks ago... ive always loved the Terminator films and the second one is my favourite. I had decided to get the Bluray as I had heard good things about it. I must be honest, I am a bit dissapointed; whilst the picture quality is ok, it does not appear to be of the quality you expect from a Bluray. I appreciate its an older film, but my copy did seem a bit ''grainy''.

5.0 out of 5 stars why isnt there any region info? PROB SOLVED THOUGH.., 7 May 2010
I already have the dvd of T2, and I thot since the reviews were soooo good about the blu-ray version of the same movie, why not get one to add to my collection, right? As soon as I received it from amazon in the mailbox, i eagerly slotted the disc into my PS3 and after about 3 mins, this msg came out: mismatch between disc and player code or smthg.. tried it on my standalone panasonic dmp-bd30 player (full of hope, obviously, thinking that it was going to trump the PS3 in terms of playability) the same msg came up!!!

Pls amazon, I'm a regular customer, most of my blu-ray purchases come from uk. I vowed not to buy form the local dvd shop because the prices are a rip-off. But i SINCERELY DIDN'T EXPECT AMAZON TO RIP ME OFF
My questions are:
why didnt amazon inform the customers about the region code of said disc?

The pana dmp-bd30 is supposedly region-free as well.. so what's the problem?

Grrr... spent about 10quid on it plus shipping, but not playable... I want my money back!!!
p/s I have 3 PS3s and a blu-ray player, all couldn't run the disc

UPDATE 18.6.11
IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE IN ALL ITS BLURAY GLORY, I BOUGHT A REGION 2 PS3 WHEN I WAS IN LONDON RECENTLY, AND NOW ALL MY R2 BLURAYS CAN BE PLAYED ON SAID MACHINE. I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A HOME THEATER FREAK, AM I NOT, LADIES AND GENTS?!..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sci-Fi Film Ever!, 15 Feb 2010
What's not to like? Everything about this film is top drawer. Word of warning - I would keep away from the 'director's cut', there's a reason why this original version is shorter, the director's cut has a load of unnecessary and annoying scenes added! (Just a money spinning ploy that's best avoided)

‹ Previous | 128 29 30 31 | Next ›