5.0 out of 5 stars Hint
On disc 1 when you come to the menu, type 82997 (8/29/97 Judgement day) and you get another menu which offers two deleted scenes, the alternate ending and T1000 searching johns room, I liked the alternate ending better than the original. I hope I have helped you get more from your dvd.
Published on 12 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, interesting version, OK transfer
I enjoyed this version of T2, as I hadn't seen it before. It has some interesting extra footage that I wasn't expecting at all but which really adds to the story. The picture didn't initially impress me that much (I think I'd watched it back to back with Wall-E though... :) but stood up to sustained scrutiny. There's more details in the eyes, the faces, and the...
Published on 28 Dec 2008 by Dr T

‹ Previous | 128 29 3033 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sequel ever!, 5 Nov 2000
This film is awesome and inproves over the first in every way.
If this release matches the incredible Region 1(US) DVD release, then this WILL be the best DVD in the country!(especially if it comes in the same metal slipcase!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 7 Mar 2010
This review is from: Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [1991] [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm with "Oldbloke's" review.

I am utterly sick of blue ray - it is a massive rip off, in my books. I have purchased only half a dozen blue ray disks as I had vowed not to get conned into replacing my substantial collection of DVDs with blue ray repeats (like I did with VHS tapes). I found the menu systems and compatability issues of the blue ray system vastly outweighed any advantages they brought with them.

Sure they look good (I have a nice Sanyo player that's a couple of years old [the same point I'd also bought a 50 inch Panasonic flat screen]). And they sound good with a 7 speaker system. So the effect is fantastic but largely not worth the effort.

Then there were the mounting problems...

My player stopped being able to play a set of Original Series Star Trek blue rays (I can only play the flip side that has the DVD's on them) and - as they'd cost me £100 on Amazon and all I can watch are the DVDs, I'm glad I bought the second and third seasons on region 1 DVD to play on my other machine. At less than a quarter of the price. Then I bought a copy of another film which wouldn't play at all in the Blue ray and I finally gave up: "no more Blue rays" I said to myself.

But then my wife very kindly bought me this T2 on blueray and so - full of anticpation - I put it in the machine and guess what: it wouldn't play at all (well - wouldn't get beyond a 'skynet' interrogation screen asking me what country I was in so that it new what language to nag me in).

So - as it was a present - I went back to Amazon and bought a pair of Netgear XE102 14Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter as (not being a teenager) my computer isn't sat next to my blue ray player and patently, having my blueray connected to the internet so that the manufacturers can see what I'm playing and whether it was pirated or not was just what I wanted. Anyway, personal privacy issues asside, this enabled me (for a mere £36) to allow myself the privilage of updaing the firmware on my player so that the blueray would actually play BUT (plainly) the machine is still not happy with my internet connection as it still thinks I can't access 'skynet' (jeeez - are these things all aimed at twelve year olds?) and so - finally coming to the point I made at the start of this rant) - I still agree with the reviewer that said it takes ten minutes to load: yep - read that again - 10 LONG MINUTES (I timed it).

But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way round? Maybe it's for the full 'cinema experience' that HD and a surround sound system provides. It's like turning up at the pictures for an 8.00pm start, knowing full well that the film doesn't actually start till twenty past but you've got 10 minutes of 'pearl and dean' or the equivalent...

Blue ray manufacturers - this is awful. I want a disk I can stick in the machine and play. Not something I stick in the machine, go any get a choc-ice from the freezer, put on some microwave popcorn, poor a way-too-big cup of coke that I can't possibly finish, and then get back to my seat to find my step son kicking the back of my seat and texting his mates on his mobile. That's too much of the cinema experience, ta very much!

Stop it.

And everyone else, vote with your wallet and just wait for the next 'big idea' to come along. Can't wait to replace all my Blue rays with 'newly remastered 3D' versions...

Yippeeee!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite movie ever, 22 Jun 2000
By A Customer
Great movie, best especial effects at the time of the filming. Quite consistent plot, considering most sci-fi movies are too "twisted". I really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC, 24 Jan 2010
S. Roussel "ISLAS" (FRANCE) - See all my reviews
CLASSIC DU GENRE A POSSEDER VOstf ET VF SUR LA VERSION LONGUE LES RAJOUTS SONT EN VO stf

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not miss it, 18 May 2000
By A Customer
This movie is a good opportunity to see how can "special effects" be used in an excellent way. Interesting movie from the begining till the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite amazing, really., 27 Dec 2000
By A Customer
There is nothing really to say, apart from the fact that this is quite simply the greatest movie ever made of all time, and everyone should see it!

5.0 out of 5 stars T2 never looked better!, 14 Aug 2008
John Duthie (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terminator 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
No better than DVD?!! Insane! Trust me the picture and sound are way better than any of the DVD releases. I think some people should have gone to specsavers! Seriously, if you have an HD telly and an amplifier capable of reproducing the DTS HD soundtrack, this blu ray should be a no brainer. Stunning picture, stunning sound. And yes, I have seen some horrible looking blu rays (Robocop for one). Really cannot believe the reviews giving this one star. Just madness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov 2014