5.0 out of 5 stars Hint
On disc 1 when you come to the menu, type 82997 (8/29/97 Judgement day) and you get another menu which offers two deleted scenes, the alternate ending and T1000 searching johns room, I liked the alternate ending better than the original. I hope I have helped you get more from your dvd.
Published on 12 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, interesting version, OK transfer
I enjoyed this version of T2, as I hadn't seen it before. It has some interesting extra footage that I wasn't expecting at all but which really adds to the story. The picture didn't initially impress me that much (I think I'd watched it back to back with Wall-E though... :) but stood up to sustained scrutiny. There's more details in the eyes, the faces, and the...
Published on 28 Dec 2008 by Dr T

5.0 out of 5 stars Hint, 12 Jan 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Belongs in anyones collection, 26 Nov 2001
James Camerons nightmares are again realised for the whole world to see. The continuing saga of a post apocalyptic world is definitely one of his biggest successes.
Some great set pieces (Linda getting chased by a tanker yet again) keep the movie going at break neck speed and the brilliant touch of the lead characters telling the story while on the run means the movie never gets bogged down in trying to explain what is going on.
The extras on the DVD a something else, with animated menus galore and deleted scenes that you wonder if they should have been deleted. Commentarys from all the main cast and the director himself make exploring the movie fun to do.
Definitely one of the all time classic movies and everyone should own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 4 Jan 2010
D. P. Turner "Dave Turner" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [1991] [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I won't review the film itself as it's been done so many times before, and it's a given that it's a modern sci-fi classic. So, my comments are on the blu-ray itself...

I've seen this film loads of times over the years, and have bought the video and dvd versions of it in the past. Quite simply, this blu-ray blows all previous versions away! I didn't realise until I saw this version quite how much detail I've been missing from the film. The clarity is astonishing, the sharpness excellent, and the colour and overall picture vibrancy superb when compared to previous dvd/vhs editions. The daylight scenes in particular are remarkable, as is the dusk scene in the desert that focuses on the amazing Linda Hamilton - every striation and vein is visible on her unbelievable arms/shoulders. The action scenes too are fantastic, with explosions lighting up the screeen like never before. A word of caution though - great as this edition is, if you've been brought up on blu-rays such as Casino Royale, Transformers, Terminator Salvation etc, then you may not be as impressed. It cannot compete with these new films that were filmed and produced with blu-ray very much in mind. Also, some fx shots early in the film show their age a little bit - the future war machines are more obviously than ever miniatures, and the Arnie stunt double on the motorbike is borderline distracting. However, this is by far the best this film has ever looked.
As for the audio, again, it's superb. A DTS 6.1 soundtrack that will sound awesome on any half-decent surround system. Another upgrade over the dvd.

The only reason I gave this 4, rather than 5, stars is because of the extras. They are just annoying. I don't think it's possible to watch any of them on their own - you have to watch "Picture-in-picture" while the film is running. That is just distracting, whether you are trying to watch the film or the extras. Why they couldn't make the extras viewable on their own I don't know. Probably saving that for the next, inevitable ultimate edition.

But for now, in conclusion, if you want to see this film in the best possible way, then this is the version to get. And if you've only seen it on dvd or vhs before, then you're in for a real treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Hasta La Vista, Baby!", 13 Feb 2005
After the enormous success of the first Terminator movie back in 1985, this its 1991 sequel 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' was going to have a hard time living up to the standards of its predorcessor and indeed the expectations of both the critics and the fans. Whether the first one was better than the second, or the second better than the first, is varies differently from person to person and it really is just a matter of opinion.
Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the Terminator but this time with a different mission: to protect the thirteen year old John Connor who has once again been targeted for termination by the machines of the future. Their first attempt failed, but will their second? With a new model of terminator, the T1000 that can take the form of any solid object that it touches, and can melt and reform anywhere, how will the old terminator bear up?
Luckily though, he's not on his own as Sarah Connor, John's mum is still around, however she is no longer the cowering heroine that we saw in the first movie, but has sprouted muscles and is now practically an expert in guns and explosives and stuff. The small problem is that she is currently stuck in a mental asylum and John is living with foster parents who have no idea about his destiny.
As soon as you see Arnie rise from the crouching position after he has travled back in time, and you see those big muscles once again, it just makes you want to cheer. So what if he can't act very well, this role is made for him and acting ability has nothing to do with it. While he spoke only seventy four words in the first movie, in this one he has about seven hundred, which means he gets paid $21,429 per word.
Linda Hamilton returns once again to give a brilliant performance as Sarah Connor, John's mum, who this time around is determined to save her son. Edward Furlong does a great job with his very important role as the legendary John Connor, leader of the resistance. He was spotted by the casting director while waiting in line to get into a club. Last but by no means least, Robert Patrick stars as the new model of killing machine, the T1000.
Once again, the quality and the quantity of extras on the DVD are pretty amazing and include three extensive documentaries the entire screenplay, storyboards, text features, loads and loads of video clips, deleted scenes, and thousands of stills. The movie itself can be played in either Dolby 5.1 or DTS, while the anamorphic widescreen picture of the original theatrical 2.35:1 ratio is super. So there is plenty here to please the fans.

Overall,'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' really is a great sequel to the 80's sci-fi classic, 'The Terminator', carrying on the story that little bit further, and makes use of the new special effects that were not availble in the first movie. If you are a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the first Terminator movie, or sci-fi/action films in general, then this really is a movie to get. Being the first film in history to cost $100 million, and grossing $70 million of that in the first week of its release, T2 really is a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'LL BE BACK!, 24 July 2004
Terminator 2: Judgement day is defiantly one of the best films I've ever seen! It's A brilliant film, and I think it's the most success sequel ever!
The top three most successful sequels are Terminator 2, Aliens, and X-men 2, but this film has to be the best!
The film is basically set about ten years after the first film, where Sarah Connor tried to destroy A computer factory, and is put in A mental hospital afterwards, but the machines send T-1000 to terminate John Connor, (Sarah's son).
But the humans send back the Terminator 101 to protect John and defeat T-1000. That's basically what the storyline is about, but also, they try to prevent the war in the future as well!
But there are loads of amazing action scenes, several explosions, and thrilling suspense throughout the entire film!
The graphics for this film are fantastic, and the effects for T-1000 is one of the best things I've ever seen too.
The best parts are when the Terminator battles T-1000 at the end, or when T-1000 constantly chases after The Terminator and the others! But I think the most memorable part was when The Terminator shot T-1000, and it fell into the pool of laver- that was outstanding!
I thought that Terminator 3 was rubbish, and they should of left it at the second one. But overall, the first one is great, the second one is spectacular, but the third one is sadly pance, and I believe, (if they are making two more films) will be no better as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the other DVD releases, this is THE Ultimate Edition!!, 18 Oct 2006
I'm not going to review the film, we all know it's a masterpiece and I'll leave it at that. What I will comment on is this particular DVD release of the film. In short, this is THE most feature packed edition of the film ever issued in the world. That's not MY opinion, that's a fact! Ignore the others with fancy new covers and confusing names like 'Extreme' edition. Also the PAL release of the same name is NOT exactly the same, as it ommits the complete 'Extended Special Edition' of the film which has a completely different ending. Instead it bungs in the different ending as part of the DELETED scenes section :(

The 'Extended Special Edition' cut of the film on the DVD is hidden, and only available on disk 2 (or side 2 if you have the 1 disk version) by choosing 'Title 3' before the main menu pops up OR entering the code '82297' on the main menu.

This is the the ONLY release you should buy until this get's either a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray release. All others simply pale in comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but worth it for Terminator fans, 25 Aug 2009
At the time of purchase I found 17 quid a bit steep for an 18 year old film being released on Blu-Ray for the second time! Nevertheless it has been one of the best buys of this year for my collection. Warned off by negative reviews I did not buy the previous transfer, so I cannot compare, but can confirm that this release has phenomenal sound (6.1 DTS HD Master Audio) and very good picture quality, particularly in close-ups. It contains 3 versions on one disc via seamless branching (why, oh why can't all BDs with multiple cuts have this?). The best version for me is the middle one, the extended but not "ultimate" special extended edition. One addition in the longest cut is footage of the T-1000 searching John's room, take it or leave it. But the most dramatic addition is a different ending which actually makes Terminator 3 and upwards impossible in my view!

But then the "Terminator" franchise has never worried about things like this. T-2 just suddenly announces in a Sarah Connor voice-over at the beginning that 2 Terminators were sent back, not one as stated in the original "Terminator", and no satisfactory explanation is ever given for this change to the story. I guess most people don't care because they liked T-2 so much.

It is a classic 90s action film, and has not dated badly at all. I notice on Amazon that some people have had technical problems with this disc. If you have a Profile 2.0 player and have installed the latest firmware there should be no problems. I found that the disc loaded in reasonable time (given the fancy menu and extras) and I had no problems of any kind. Always having to type in a code to view the long version is quite silly, but I would recommend the second version anyway.

This release could stand to be a bit cheaper I think, but it is undeniably a must for "Terminator" fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-own movie on a very good DVD, 27 April 2003
T2 is a thoroughly enjoyable film. I can't quite say whether or not I like it better than the original, but I can say that it is one of my favourite films. Here we have Arnie giving a career-best performance. He may not be the finest actor in the world, but he usually creates memorable roles, this of course being his most famous ever. It has its fill of cheesy lines but in this film they're actually written well and help develop the T-800's character.
Cameron's direction is awesome in this, and while I think Linda Hamilton 'hams it up' a litle (no pun intended), everybody generally gives it their best.
The Terminators' story has always interested me, and this film is a great conclusion to it (I wonder if T3 will actually be any good. The trailer doesn't really endear me to it). The T1000, played by Robert Patrick (who was great on The X-Files' final years) and he's just a brilliant villain. The effects are by no means dated and the action sequences are still very exciting, and unlike your bog standard fare of today, well thought through.
OK so generally it's a great film which I insist you buy on this DVD. It's a very good package with a huge number of featurettes and added value. But also, this Region 2 version ONLY allows you to watch a new Director's Cut of the film. At first I was dubious about that. I wanted to have the theatrical cut too, but after seeing the extended version, I don't think I'd go back to the original cut. The new scenes for the most part expand on character development and for that reason they are a welcome addition.
Add to that this really, really extensive monster making-of, all the storyboards and several script drafts and you have a complete package.
Later this year an 'Extreme Edition' is being released, with a proper commentary from James Cameron (the one on this has Cameron plus many cast and crew members) and a Hi-Def transfer of it with unbelievable picture quality. However I wouldn't hesitate to buy this existing version, because this one has features of substance and that one sounds slightly iffy.
So, buy this DVD if you want to live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of Course it 1080p, and looks amazing, 3 Mar 2008
The other review had it completely wrong. I'm not sure what he was doing. Here are the real specs

DIRECTOR'S CUT VERSION
Anamorphic (16:9 1080p Hi-Def) Widescreen (2.35:1) Version
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
Optional French and Dutch subtitles

This is the same exact HD-DVD as Disc 2 in the French Studio Canal release. All of the menus and specifications of the DVD are identical. The only differences are the cover and the printing on the face of the DVD. The French Studio Canal release does have a 2nd DVD which is the Theatrical Version of the film. If you own HD DVD, this is the movie to get. It never gets old how many times I watch it, ands it looks & sounds better than you've ever seen it before

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Upgrading In My Opinion, 6 Dec 2009
Dave the Film (High Wycombe UK) - See all my reviews
I won't review the film itself as it's a staple and reviews are available 'aplenty' elsewhere.
I will say (as others have mentioned) that I was also somewhat steered away from the first BD version of this film due to negative reviews. I haven't seen v1 so cannot comment. However, as a long time fan of this film I finally took the plunge and can say that I am very pleased with the quality of the visuals, the sound and the features on this disc.
As others have commented, it does take a few moments for the disc to load and I would recommend that you have the latest firmware upgrade for your hardware but there is no question of any issues with the disc itself.

Overall, a fine release which I will treasure for at least 6 months before the next version appears.

Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (Skynet Edition)  [1991] [Blu-ray]