5.0 out of 5 stars High quality sound for your Raspberry Pi
This sound card works perfectly out of the box on the Raspberry Pi and the sound quality is what one expects from Creative: great.
If you're looking for high quality analog sound output on the Pi then look no further, this is the card to get.

Bonus R-Pi tip: Install shairport and turn your Pi into an AirPlay receiver. Sounds amazing with this card.
Published 17 months ago by R. Gil

When I first purchased this product, the sound quality was great and everything went well. After a couple of months the sound seems to go quiet and the loud and the process repeats every second. It's really uncomfortable listening with headphones so instead I just used my speakers :l
Published 10 months ago by Bipper Wong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality sound for your Raspberry Pi, 13 Mar 2013
R. Gil (Viseu, Portugal) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with windows 8.1 64, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
Works fine with windows 8.1 64, its loud and sound quality is very good, no problems with it I would recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
Easiest way to replace a sound card that's built in to the motherboard.
Bought to replace an older version that was damaged accidentally that lasted over 5 years.
Software disc provided not compatible with older pcs, though all you need is the drivers which installs automatically when the USB is plugged in.
There are more expensive versions though can't see why.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seemless and worthwhile upgrade, 13 May 2014
Dabbler - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
I was fed up with the constant buzzing coming from my PC when wearing headphones. I decided on this branded USB card rather that the cheaper no brand options, mainly because I wanted it to work first time but also because I wanted to get it quickly. If you combine those 2 then this came top of the lost of options. Having bought and enjoyed lots of creative products in the past the decision was easy.

I'm happy to say the installation was painless, I'm running Windows 7 64Bit and it was instantly recognised and the drivers installed. Then it was set as the default audio device for playback and recording automatically, no user input required.

Sound Quality is very good, gone are the days of buzzing cans, no flashy surround modes, just something that works.

So why no 5 stars? Well one reason really, volume control, I know I'm being picky but I'd quite like to have hard buttons on the device to control volume. Most times the volume starts off too loud and I have to turn it down, that's it, I'm one happy user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blown., 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
I have to honestly say I'm very happy with my purchase. It's absolutely great; such power for an unbelievably affordable price.
After setting up all the software and installing all the drivers, I fell in love with the sound. I bought this sound card because for years I've been tired of using my IDT internal sound card for my inspiron. And if I know one thing it is that IDT are cheap, and awful.

The playback quality is unbelievable, running through my Logitech Z523's, it is rich and clear. In terms of software the features are great; equalisation is very accurate, bass boost works great, CMSS-3D is a beast, and the fact that this card supports 24-bit audio has got to be another great thing.

Considering Creative is an advanced manufacturer of audio technology and the price of this sound card was cheap, I can honestly say this is a deal you won't find anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant addition to a laptop for quality sound!, 9 Nov 2013
S13_Mills (Aberdeen, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
I originally purchased this for use with a Raspberry Pi, but found it more useful as a companion for my Bose headphones with my laptop.

This tiny device offers a very balanced and clean sound, no hum, with a nice crisp sound for a variety of music.

SUPER easy to install in Windows 7, literally plug and play (hot pluggable as well, which is handy). Same with Linux boxes, but I found a restart was necessary in some cases.

Just the right form factor to go in the pouch in the carry case of my headphones, I take it with me wherever I go and use it instead of the (generally inferior) sound card in whichever PC I am listening through!

It's a great product at a great price - don't hesitate to grab yourself one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well to start with then about a few months the sound quality went bad.., 26 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy solution, 16 Aug 2014
I. Tattersall (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
The laptop purchased years ago was missing a sound card and I failed to find one until now. The USB was the ideal answer to the problem and I am well pleased with it. Simply plugged it in and waited 2 minutes whilst it sorted itself out and that was it, good quality sound as I expected from Creative. Didn't need the disc for this application but there is one with it if required.

1.0 out of 5 stars the product was faulty the USB housing is lose and ..., 12 July 2014
Matt Evans (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
the product was faulty the USB housing is lose and the volume is very low i should of stuck with the cheap USB soundcards

3.0 out of 5 stars the software was easy to install and is good, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external (Accessory)
beware, this sound card is quite fragile, the plastic casing is only held on with some clips and pops off if you accidentally pull your headphone wire, but other than that, the software was easy to install and is good, as i dont have enough room in my pc case to fit a proper sound card.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›