on 7 January 2010
I bought these for myself and in the main I'm pleased with them. They are very economical on storage space and dishwasher space, and unlike my old ones, which were all together on a ring, these are separate, so you use and wash up only the one(s) you need. They nest together magnetically, so I had assumed they were made of metal, but the first surprise was that they're not - they are plastic (sturdy and good quality) with small magnets embedded in the handles. This isn't a problem, just not what I expected.
The second surprise was that although there was a dessertspoon measure, there was no half tablespoon. You can "make" half a tablespoon from three teaspoons, so this is no big deal. I don't seem to have much call for a dessertspoon measure, though, the half tablespoon crops up a lot more, particularly when scaling down quantities to feed two people.
The third surprise was the slight curve on the handles, which I hadn't noticed in the photos of the product. This makes them slightly more convenient to use if you are right-handed. I'm left-handed, and find them OK to use, but I'm not sure why they need the curve at all - why not have straight handles and not be 'hand-ist'?

Update Jan 2013: Sadly, the plastic is not as good quality as I'd thought, and two out of three of the spoons are now broken, the first some while ago. Bit of a disappointment, if you're like me and expect your kitchen kit to last for years, these aren't for you, I think.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
If you've been searching for spoons that will fit spice spice jars you might think "Narrow Spoon Ends Designed to Fit Into Spice Jars" would suggest just that. But no, only the very smallest spoons will fit, with even the teaspoon being too big. In fact, these are some of the chunkiest spoons you can buy.

One other point, the measurements are screen printed onto the spoons rather than being moulded into the plastic and will soon wear away.

Received as a gift, otherwise they would have been returned.
on 30 December 2009
Quality is great. Magnetic idea is a good one and better than all spoons being tied together. However, the one spoon I find most useful in cooking is the "1 teaspoon" measure and this does not fit in a spice jar. Therefore, for me, totally unsuitable for purpose I wanted to use it for. Pity.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2010
I found these spoons to be a little on the flimsy side to be honest, I expect that after a couple months of use that I'll find one of them has broken.

The magnets are not quite strong as I would like - they hold the spoons together alright but if you put them in a drawer full of stuff, they easily get pulled apart by the movement of the drawer's contents.

One last point, given that these spoons are quite 'shallow', I think they may be less accurate... it's not clear whether a level spoon is the right measurement, or a rounded one. Given how wide these are, I think this would leave to inaccuracies. Granted, in many recipes it's more about relative amounts, but in other cases it's necessary to be accurate.

To be honest, I find myself using my cheap Ikea measuring spoons still.
VINE VOICEon 24 April 2012
I love these spoons! They are so handy and having exact measurements does make a difference - when a recipe says '1 tsp' or '1 tbsp' it's so easy just to guess. For some recipes that's OK, but for others - e.g. making bread - exact quantities do make a real difference.
I use these every week - and I like the look and feel of them. One reviewer says that the teaspoon measurement doesn't fit the, well use the half teaspoon measurement then! Don't blame this product for not fitting manufacturer's jars which tend to have small openings anway!! Honestly...
If you're looking for a reliable, easy to use set of measuring spoons, don't hesitate. Oh, and the magnets work fine, as long as you're not looking to hand anything off them!
on 15 February 2011
Measuring spoons. They measure. But clipping together they are easier to store in and extract from the drawer than the ones on a ring.Like them.
on 21 March 2013
the magnetic spoons are easy to locate and all keep together even when children have been playing with them. Young daughter was fascinated measuring out all the different sizes and transferring them into bowls. Not only is it perfect for measuring out ingrediants without having to search for the 'correct' sized household spoons it is an educational fun piece of equipment to teach and explore with the children.
I also like the sleek black slimline look.
on 26 April 2013
I'm always mislaying my current measuring spoons so I ordered these with a view to attaching them to my fridge, only to find the magnetism is only strong enough for the spoons to 'nest'. If you're going to make these magnetic surely you might as well make them double up as a fridge magnet? They don't stick on the fridge very well. I do like the way there are spoons on each end so 3 of them measure 6 amounts, though.
on 18 June 2015
These are great, especially if you have the Jamie Oliver cookbooks as you can measure a pinch (I never used to know what that meant and I am a very precise cook, want to know exact amounts). The little magnets on each spoon keep them together in your cutlery drawer. I have also put these in the dishwasher multiple times and they're still fine. Very good product and would recommend
on 25 May 2013
I bought these spoons to replace an old set I'd had for years and years. I wish I had bought them sooner as they are brilliant. The magnetic aspect means that I can always find them in my cluttered drawer and the range of measurements is good, especially the 'pinch'. A great set of spoons.