5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FIRST CASTLE
What a fantastic first castle for a young boy or girl. My little girl (2.5) loves this toy and I think it would be suitable for most children from about age 3-8.

Exceptionally well made and nicely painted on the outside. The inside is plain wood but with lots of rooms, arched windows and staircases for imaginary play.

There is a drawbridge on thick...
Published on 25 Sept. 2009 by Crafty Marie

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointly broke
I love Melissa and Doug products generally but this one was disappointing as it broke quickly after receiving it. We had to return to Amazon for replacement. Perhaps this was a faulty one, as I haven't come across this problem with Melissa and Doug but the hinge broke and the wood was splintering away.

Before it broke, the children loved it so much - had that...
Published 7 months ago by M. Mohamed

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FIRST CASTLE, 25 Sept. 2009
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)

There is a drawbridge on thick elastic which comes down and also a neat little dungeon/jail area.

The furniture in red and gold coloured paint is lovely - you get a bed, 2 thrones and a treasure chest. My daughter loves the figures (king, queen, 2 soldiers and 2 horses) even though I'm not so keen on how they look. They all stand up well and are just the right size for small hands to play with.

A handle has been incorporated into the design so it is very handy for taking away on holidays or days out. So very useful.

Wonderful toy and I really cannot think of anything negative to say about it. Extremely happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Castle for my 5 year old, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
I am so pleased with this castle. In the past I have bought large complicated castles for my oldest son but this one seems much better for these reasons:
Sturdy, Simple, Inexpensive, Portable. It came with 2 knights, King, Queen and 2 horses but is compatible with any figures (So far Ben 10, Thor and Batman have been locked in the castle!) A great "backdrop" for imaginary play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, great-value classic toy, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
So pleased with my purchase of this for my 4 year old - tho my 2 year old is equally interested. They love the drawbridge/entrance on elastic and the dungeon inside. The figures it came with are well made (king, queen, 2 soldiers, 2 horses, 2 thrones and a treasure chest) are perfect in getting the imaginative play going, and now my sons add loads of extra characters from other sets (mainly playmobil which are the perfect size!). I bought it on offer at Christmas for just £19 but would pay full price for it happily - it seems to me to be a toy that will last for ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding value, loved it lots of small imaginary play moments to follow, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
outstanding value, loved it lots of small imaginary play moments to follow outstanding value, loved it lots of small imaginary play moments to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug fold and go castle, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
Highly recommended, my nephews both loved this item and they spend hours playing with it. It has opened up their imagination and as well as playing together with the castle and characters they also use it like a theater and put on small plays and stories for family. The fact that it also has a built in handle and can be carried around easily is another plus point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa and Doug folding castle, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
This is a lovely toy - it's sturdy and well made. I looked at many different wooden castles before choosing this and I'm glad of my decision. The inside is plain, but has lots of scope for imaginative play, with staircases, lots of rooms and a dungeon. The little figures and furniture are great too. The castle exterior is attractive and it folds away perfectly, into a little carry case. We bought it for our four year old and he loves making up little stories with it. Our one year old also loves it and it withstands his slightly clumsier play no problem. We all love this castle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
Excellent toy for little boys. Great quality, very compact and easy to carry around. Comes with some accessories so no need to buy extra. Very good value for money bought it when it was reduced so very happy with my purchase. Bought it for a present for my friends little boy who's four but will be buying another one soon for my own little boy. Don't hesitate buying this toy you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday gift for my nephew. It is very user friendly as it folds away/opens up making it good to store. Great quality! Characters are good quality too and there are enough to start off with for young children-he is 2, and you can add to them with more general figures...

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointly broke, 6 Oct. 2014
M. Mohamed (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)

Before it broke, the children loved it so much - had that not happened I would have recommended this toy for the play value it provides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sturdy castle - great value for money, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Castle (Toy)
Great sturdy product which my three year old loves. It folds away nicely and has a good number of little 'rooms', a 'cell' and a drawbridge, allowing his imagination to run wild. We had considered a much bigger (and more expensive) wooden castle from the same manufacturer but are glad we bought this one as the size is ideal. Great Value, especially as it comes with quite a few accessories.

Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Castle