5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears
Very good, plays well and sounds good, easy to read the start, stop buttons etc, nice and compact and easy to carry.
Published on 10 Sep 2012 by Angie

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY Disappointed, product unusable!
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter. I realised it wouldn't be brilliant quality hence the price but the first time she used it the play button got stuck. We resorted to 'fishing' the offending button out with a small screwdriver a few times but now even that won't work! My advice is spend a bit more money and buy a decent quality product that works.
Published 8 months ago by Jules D

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, 10 Sep 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good player, 23 Nov 2013
I bought this CD player for my Dad. He uses it in the car as his car only has a cassette player. As it has batteries it works well and it fits perfectly on the floor or on the seat. Being fairly small it is light and easily carried about. The delivery was very good and actually came two days early.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, and simple to use, 8 July 2014
Mr. Nigel Harvey (Hastings, UK) - See all my reviews
My main criticism about today's technology is that most new equipment seems to be designed with youngsters in mind. (That is, from where I'm standing, anyone under about fifty!) Anyone with poor eyesight or arthritic hands (or both) simply can't cope with the average TV remote, for example.

I bought this CD player for a partially sighted elderly relative, who can't cope well with a lot of fiddly buttons. As I had hoped, it is simple to use:
* open the cover by pressing at the point indicated by slightly raised dots (great for the hard-of-seeing); drop in the CD and click into place
* press the cover at the same point to close
* play by pressing the big orange button in the group of four buttons on the right-side
* navigate back and forth between tracks using the nearby, but well separated and easy to identify, 'next' and 'back' buttons
* press the fourth button in the group to stop
* ignore the buttons on the left-hand side - you just don't need them

In spite of the limitations of age and infirmity - not to say lack of confidence in using 'new' equipment (I know, CDs have been around for decades, but they're still new to some people) - my relative has coped easily with this well-designed CD player.

Sound quality is more than adequate - at the price, I certainly wouldn't expect any better.

My one slight niggle is the on-off switch. It's round at the back, and is a three-position switch, going from 'Off' through 'Radio' to 'CD'. Not the simplest design for techno-phobes, but OK once it has been explained.

All in all, though, an excellent purchase and well recommended for anyone in a similar situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 26 July 2013
CD player looks really good in the black and white. Fits nicely on my windowsill as I use it while I'm washing up.
Good speakers, I can have this on in the kitchen and hear the music 2 rooms away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good value! Would recommend., 7 April 2012
We bought this as an expendable bargain value CD player, as our young son has learned to operate the controls on the "proper" home hifi system.
However, much to our pleasant surprise, the sound quality is excellent, the design is sleek and modern, and the unit is very portable. We have now had it for 3 months, and have had absolutely no faults with it.
Looking at the previous reviewer who gave this unit 1/5 stars, we have had completely the opposite experience.
It is possible that the build quality may vary widely, or that the last reviewer just had bad luck, but our CD player has been so good that we felt we had to stand up for the faithful little thing!
We would definitely recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio CD Player, 29 April 2013
Really pleased with the portable radio cd player.Its nice to look at and sound quality is good ,its a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 18 Nov 2013
Bought this for my mum, who prefers her cd's to downloads. Good sound quality and a decent radio. Very easy to operate and arrived on time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lenco SCD-24 Portable Radio CD Player - Pink (Electronics)
5-year-old daughter loves it, plays all her and her sister's CDs on it, feels very grown up while doing so, fab. Sound's not brilliant but not too bad either, for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 15 Oct 2013
E. Braben - See all my reviews
This is just the right size to fit on my window ledge in the kitchen. I use it to listen to my language tapes while I am cooking etc. It's ideal for this use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Feb 2014
Just what I wanted a small & light portable cd player. Sound quality & good radio too. Easy to move around.