5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Money.
This is a fantastic piece of kit. The machine is well built and easy to use, the milk frother is great and very easy to keep clean, unlike the more complicated milk steamers that other machines have. The coffee produced by all Nespresso machines (at least the 5 I have encountered) is always good.

Things that differentiate and make this machine better than other...
Published on 2 Sep 2010 by Richard Linnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Had machine for 3 weeks! Large cup has gone wrong - only produces small amount of water so have to keep pressing for more water - thinking about sending it back!
Had the same model as a Christmas present and the purchaser had to return it for me as the coffee part stopped working altogether after 3 days even though the milk frothed still worked! Not having much luck...
Published 5 months ago by Mrs T J Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Money., 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730540 Coffee Machine - Fire Engine Red (Kitchen & Home)

Things that differentiate and make this machine better than other Nespresso machines I've used:
1> The water tank is very accessible and visible on the back of the machine so you can very easily see how much water is left.
2> It's size. This version is small and neat, but if you go for the one without the frother it's absolutely tiny.
3> Milk Frother is a cleverly designed, non-stick container that can easily be cleaned. Other machines have a milk tank, or a Steamer. Steamers get really hot and the milk burns on to them making them hard to clean. Anything with an integrated milk tank is going to be hard to clean, and if you forget to clean it before you go on holiday, rendered useless.
4> It's nice looking. Some of the older machines were a bit clunky looking, this one is very stylish.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, quick and good quality coffee..., 4 Dec 2012
FictionFan (Kirkintilloch, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
With the number of coffee machines currently on the market, it was difficult to know which one to choose, so first off, thanks to all the people who have taken the time to post reviews, both positive and negative. I agree with the majority that this is a 5-star piece of equipment.

Ready to go straight from the box, the instructions were clear and simple. The footprint of the machine is about 9" x 14.5". A sample of each type of pod is included - 16 in total, giving a chance to try the range before placing an order. Registering with the club was fairly easy, although I did have to phone them to clarify which of the numbers on the machine was the serial number. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful. I then got the option to order a starter pack of 250 pods which included a choice of a free pod storage accessory - this has now arrived (ordered Saturday, delivered Monday, no p&p charge) holds about 50 pods and looks good.

The important thing, of course, is the coffee - and I've been very pleased with the range and quality. From fairly mild to really strong, with espresso and lungo sizes available and with the ability to decide on the amount of water dispensed allowing the user to match the strength to personal preference, there really is something here for everyone. Personally, I like a mug rather than a cup, so find I use two pods. This makes each cup cost roughly 60p which seems very reasonable for a good quality coffee. The milk frother means that you use real milk rather than the powdered kind available in some other machines. It froths the milk well and heats it, thus avoiding the tepid coffee problem, and is very easy to clean. It can also be used to make cold milk drinks, though I haven't tried that. From cold, and including heating and frothing the milk, it takes about a minute and a half to make a cappuccino - impressive.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this machine and with my first experience of dealing with the Nespresso Club. Highly recommended.

Edit: Nearly three months on, this has become an essential gadget. It's so easy to clean and the coffee is really excellent quality. The Nespresso club also provides bags to recycle the pods, which they collect when they deliver an order. If you order 200 or more pods at a time, delivery is free. My tip for the ideal mug is one pod used as espresso then another used as lungo topped up with lightly frothed milk (there are two frothers - one for light froth and the other for thick cappuccino type froth). This way it comes out not too strong or too weak - in fact, perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever, 3 Aug 2011
It took a long time for me to take the plunge and buy this machine, but I don't regret it at all. Having tried cheaper alternatives, like the budget Delonghi, this is what you want if you crave an easier life.

When the machine arrived it instantly have the impression of being a top quality piece of kit. It is small, but has a reassuring weight, all the removable parts are of quality build and it has a well designed look. And I love the fact that you can just set it and walk away - the espresso stops flowing into the cup when the right quantity has been pumped and the milk stops heating and frothing when it is ready. And the milk frother is a doddle to clean (which is more than can be said for steam arms on traditional machines).

I realise purists will see this as a cheat - it's not truly hand crafted espresso coffee because you are using capsules. But it tastes better than I could ever produce using ground coffee in a machine with a filter. And if you want to make multiple cups for guests the process is so quick you can make four in a row and the first one will still be plenty hot.

The only thing that held me back from making this purchase for so long is that each capsule costs around 30p to buy from Nespresso. I estimate there is only around 6-8g of coffee in each one, so that is at least three times the cost of ground coffee in a pack from the supermarket. But now that I have sampled the taste and the ease of use, I have decided don't care. I only drink two cups a day - would I rather save 20p and stand over the machine turning off the water when it reaches the right level in my cup and steaming the milk by hand? No way... I can live with a bit of extra expense for coffee that is easy to make and comes out right first time every time. Besides, I am sure this machine will keep me back from my local Costa so now I am saving money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 1 Dec 2011
I bought this machine at the end of October. It was 160 on here then. All I can say is that I absolutely love it. Before I bought this I had a cheap Morphy Richards machine which spluttered water everywhere and took ages to use. This machine is so simple to use and so quick at making the coffee. It heats up and froths the milk in no time. I bought the machine via a reccomendation as I was originally looking at bean to cup, but the value for money with this is so good. You get all 16 types of coffee to try in the pack. Then I ordered a mixed 250 box of capsules from Nespresso online which I though would last a while, but now not so sure as we use it so often. When looking at other machines I noticed that this one had a higher pressure than most normal espresso machines. It makes an excllent cup. We normally press the bigger cup utton to get the bigger serving as we normally have latte's. With the mink frother we use the less frothy option, meaning more milk and I have found I can fuill just above the max line to then have a full latte mug.

The water tank is easy to re-fill. The only slight dissapointment was that I thought the frother would have a bigger capacity so you could make 2 latte's at the same time. However, it doesn't take long to heat and froth another sering.

Overall I am incredibly happy that I purchased this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Créme de la Créma!, 14 April 2011
A triumph of form and function! This machine (and it's Magimix branded counterpart) is consistently reviewed as being the best of the bunch. It is Which? magazine's highest scoring capsule machine and was the award winner in one of the weekend broadsheet's coffee machine tests. I have read somewhere that this Krups version has a very slight edge in build quality over the Magimix one - but I can't comment any further except to say that this one is extremely well made. It's a joy to use; simple, fast, clean and consistent - everything I have never experienced when making coffee before. Having the milk silently heating and frothing itself in the background while the coffee is pouring into the cup is a joy. No switching of modes or waiting for the machine to reach temperature to make a cappuccino - and there's just no mess! If you put any value on your own time then the Nespresso system is not an expensive way to enjoy coffee, and this is the perfect machine for the job. Don't hesitate!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Value Nespresso machine, 6 Jun 2011
It's brilliant value this Krups. And the milk warmer/frother is fab. Only slight negative is that the milk warmer doesn't make the milk quite hot enough - but that's a personal opinion. Given the purchase choice again, I'd buy one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab machine, 12 Oct 2010
I had had a coffee from a friends machine and decided to purchase - ( had a ceased up Gaggia -just over 2 years old and never really that happy with).

This machine is incredibly easy to use and also more importantly easy to keep clean. I know some reviews complain about the cost of capsules but compared to coffee shop coffee its not! and i do think the end result is as good. Again comments have been unfavourable about heat of the coffee - i heat the cup as recommended and its fine ( however i'm not too keen on very very hot coffee. But no friends have complained yet and Italian family really rate it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars such a shame.., 16 Jan 2013
I had this as a present... I love it! makes nice coffee, it is a bit long but I got used to it...
we drink coffee all the time now, and saves us money - as when in town, we wait til we get home to have a coffee...
nice happy looking colour, and brightens up the kitchen even if your kitchens not red! my onlycomplaint is this, the milk flask - the lid does not secure down safely enough, so when the milk is in and being frothed - the lid keeps lifting off and if the froth gets big, it lifts off completely to have milk most places! ( I am not putting too much milk in).. I wanted to return the flask only - just to get a new lid, but the palava that is just about to happen - is going to be awful..
We cannot contact the seller through Amazon, so we have to return the whole coffee machine (just for a lid!) the world has gone mad... Also we cannot return the coffee machine, we have to get a refund - wait a week - get the cash back and then buy the coffee machine back - pay postage again, and pay more for it (all ofthis as we cannot contact the seller and get a replacement lid, very sad about all of this, and I hope if I post this, someone sensible from the company will see it, and offer some help to me!! before I start on the ridiculous mission...
but I do love the coffee machine, jsut the lid of the milk frother is not sealing correctly..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 8 Nov 2010
If you want great coffee with total consistency and minimum fuss, this is exactly what you need. The design is excellent; filling with fresh water, cleaning the milk frother, emptying spent cartridges all very easy to do.

The quality of the coffee is fantastic every time.

Yes, buying the pods is more expensive than loose coffee, and the Nespresso marketing/business model is a bit irritating, but you can turn out great coffee every time with minimum fuss and mess, something not possible with a regular machine (I had a gaggia classic for ten years before this).

If you like to fiddle about with your coffee and do your own thing then this is not for you, but if you just want a great coffee every time that's easy to turn out (eg those mornings after the kids have kept you awake all night) then it's a godsend.

5.0 out of 5 stars nespresso citiz, 20 Oct 2010
fantastic coffee making machine does exactly what it says on the tin so to speak . would love to b able to pop down to the shop to pick up more pods instead of ordering them on line but thats only a small thing and should not put you off.its a great product and i would recomend it to anyone