4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money
It does what it says on the package, and at a much lower price than the original from Canon. Propably even made at the same factory but only with different labels on. Holds the charge really well.
Published on 8 Aug 2010 by Klaus Kokholm Petersen

2.0 out of 5 stars works with my S95 - but battery life is poor
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by Nigel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: Energizer CA6L Digital Camera Battery Equivalent to Canon NB-6L Battery 690mAh (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 2 Aug 2011
Dr. Anne Dickens (Oxford) - See all my reviews
I was a little dubious about buying a non-Canon accessory for my Canon S95 camera, but my worry was groundless.

I was due to attend a 4 day Music Festival, and decided to give the battery a test drive to see how it would perform. I fully charged it before I left, and off I went. Throughout the 4 days, I took 170 x 12MB pictures and 17 x HD Movies. And the battery still had juice left in it when I got home! Seriously impressive.

In fact, not only does the battery match the duration of the standard Canon battery, I would even go as far to say, it may have even out-performed it. But bear in mind that you have to fully charge the battery a couple of times before you reach full capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says on the tin., 30 Jan 2010
How much can you really write about a battery?

Er... Well, it's almost square in shape. It's made out of what looks like ABS plastic and has three brass strips at one end where the electrons come out. I'd also guess that this is where those same electrons go in when you charge it up.

Okay, okay. It's much the same as the Canon one really but an awful lot cheaper. It may be my imagination as I haven't done any proper tests (Even I'm not that sad!) but it appears to last marginally longer than the OE Canon battery between charges. Certainly it's as good anyway.
I didn't really need a spare as the one supplied with the camera lasts absolutely ages, but for this price (Edit: Less than a tenner when I bought mine) you can't go wrong to be honest.
The one day when you need a spare and don't have one is the day you'll kick yourself for not buying this one.

Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, not much power!, 16 Sep 2012
Erik Simonsen "esim" (England) - See all my reviews
Cheap, but does not hold the charge well. Get only a fraction of the power from this battery than I get from the Canon one I got with the camera.

2.0 out of 5 stars works with my S95 - but battery life is poor, 4 Jan 2012
Nigel (East Anglia, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
What can be said about spare camera batteries? My initial impression was was that this one charged in the Canon charger in about the same time as the original, seemed to hold its charge well, and seemed to have about the same capacity - though as I had not done any rigorous measurements, this is just my feel. Much cheaper than the Canon battery, though, and (if genuine) made by a company with a good reputation, so I felt it was a good buy.

Having had the batter for a year, though, my opinion has gone down; I feel it does not hold its charge, and that the battery capacity is lower than the battery that cam with the camera. However, the labels on battery I was sent look different to the ones on the product description, so Energizer may have revised things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energizer - Very good value, 22 Mar 2011
C. Mcnabb (UK) - See all my reviews
This Battery is a fraction of the price of the Canon NB-6L and performs exactly the same.
What more can I say.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product supplied not as described, 21 Mar 2013
I ordered this item which is shown as an Energizer CA6L 1000mAh and received an Energizer EZ-CA6L 690mAh which is not as described or pictured. I contacted Amazon who said they would check with their fulfilment centre to ensure they had the correct item before sending out the replacement. They confirmed by email that all was OK and apologised for the error then sent out the wrong item again. They will now remove the product from the website until further checks have been completed. Just a refund offered and a chance to order again when they have checked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 17 Mar 2013
Did not work for more than a few weeks. The original battery for the camera stills works as good as it did when I purchased it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge, 8 Feb 2013
I was very suspicious about the comment in the instructions that 'on first charge if the charging light goes out in first 5-10 mins restart charging procedure. This may occur 1-2 times'. I have tried at least 12 times and it still will not charge in my Canon charger. Charging light goes out after 10 seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 6 Jan 2012
Ordered this as an extra battery for a trip and it works a treat. Have charged up a few times since and it roughly ran for about the same as the original Canon battery. Fast delivery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›