5.0 out of 5 stars Handel's Messiah
Published 4 months ago by mr n joy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Very cheap for so much music. But I would have liked the names of the soloists, and some of the tempi are on the slow side.
Published 20 months ago by J. P. Braga

5.0 out of 5 stars Handel's Messiah, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
I bought this version of the Messiah back in the early sixties. It was one of my favourites then and still is. I was very pleased to find that at last, I could buy it on CD/MP3. I have several complete sets of the Messiah and would not like to be without any of them. This version is the one I play and enjoy the most. I would buy it at full price, let alone the very reasonable price being asked. The performances by all concerned stand up, and in some cases surpass any of the others I have heard. Why, when going to the trouble of producing a CD they omit the names of the performers is very strange. So, for those who would like to know, the soprano is April Cantelo, contralto, Helen Watts, tenor, Wilfred Brown, Bass, Roger Stalman, Harpsichord, George Malcolm, organ, Harold Darke, Choirmaster, Frederick Jackson, London Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir, conductor Walter Susskind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Christmas record, 20 Jan 2012
T. Wells "book fan" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
Heard this on the radio and wanted it for our own collection. Excellent value and well worth including in our favourite music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Dec 2010
Mr. J. Hunt (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
An excellent production, although the major pieces (Hallelujah Chorus, Unto us a child is born, etc) do seem to lack a little punch. Very good value for what it is, and something I frequently listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars indescribable, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
Wonderful music my desert island discs I could listen to this over and over again. I never get tired of listening to every track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handel's Messiah and choir, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
As a church choir member, I love Handel's Messiah and sing along with the most familiar choral works as often as possible. I think it is beyond brilliant!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but I deleted it, 6 Mar 2013
John HOLLAS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
It's not bad but I made the mistake of going for a "cheapie". Who is conducting this? We are not told. A very unexciting, old fashioned performance. After deleting it, I bought the Trevor Pinnock/ The English Concert version - outstanding!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Dec 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Tempo, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
Slightly disappointed, tempo very slow. Downloaded after listening too an excellent live (whizzy) version at the weekend. Good quality recording, interpretation just too slow for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Messiah, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
Very good value. Good Orchestra & Choir. Would like to be told who the soloists are though. I'll have to google it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Messiah, 8 Nov 2012
D. F. Bailey (St. Austell Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
This is an excellent recording of Handels Messiah. The orchestra,soloists and choirs are all excellent. The value for money is fantastic. Downloading was quick and trouble free.

Handel's Messiah