on 31 October 2015
I can listen to this as a result of my Prime membership.

What can one say? This is a performance of a masterpiece by England's greatest composer performed by a conductor who was a friend and a champion and a superlative interpreter of Elgar. From the slight rubato of the opening bars to the glorious self-portrait finale, this is a wonderful experience. It takes me back to the two or three times, in my youth, when I stood with the Promenaders enraptured by the Enigma Variations being conducted by Sir Malcom Sargent.
on 10 January 2016
This recording is as good as I expect it tobe. A worthwhile buy from a competent seller.
on 30 July 2015
One of my favourites and well interpreted by Sir Malcolm and the LSO. Excellent.
on 24 September 2015
Sir Malcolm was a truly great conductor
on 21 July 2015
Fantastic piece of music.
on 21 January 2016
This was most enjoyable
on 28 January 2013
I feel a bit uncomfortable being asked to give star ratings "to Elgar's Enigma Variations" I mean, what can you say? " crap, but he shows a bit of promise"?!

Yes I do realise what you meant, Amazon! The speed of delivery (online download) was lightning fast, and the price of this great masterpiece (87p) was ridiculous. How could the product and the service possibly have been better?
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2015
good recording
on 24 September 2014
I know very little about classical music (about any music actually!) all I know is that I just loved this... the whole piece flowed and 'rolled' no jarring, jagged pieces in there at all, and 'Nimrod' well there were tears in my eyes. Would recommend this to anyone.
on 8 March 2013
This is a classic rendition of Elgar's Enigma Variations with Sir Malcolm Sargent at the helm. I just feel the recording lacks depth.