5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself and discover a master of his art!
To me Andrea Bocelli is the only person to truly cross the devide of popular music and opera. His voice is a classical instrument - within the same note he can switch to so many different emotions.

Opera critics enjoy making their little world inaccessible - but Andrea takes your hand and leads you to a new universe of music.

I don't speak Italien...
Published on 26 Dec 2007 by A. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Vivere
I hate to say that I found `Vivere' to be disappointing `best of' collection of Andrea Bocelli. Maybe this is because I was expecting more opera aria's, but whatever the reason this album left me feeling rather flat.

Published on 9 May 2011 by Spider Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself and discover a master of his art!, 26 Dec 2007
A. Henderson "Alistair" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews

I don't speak Italien but enjoy a sense of what he is singing about through his interpretations. Buy this CD and you'll be won over, and probably dip into his previous works.

If you research his life, you will see he's a great inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 7 Dec 2007
Little Miss - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased this because I was a huge fan of Con Te Partiro and the English language version which is the duet Time to Say Goodbye with Sarah Brightman. The man's voice and vocal range are absolutely outstanding, and the tracks on this album allow him to show that off to full effect. A great album for fans of Bocelli, or anyone who misses Pavarotti.

5.0 out of 5 stars Con te partiro, 2 Nov 2007
Mme nicole AMBAYE (London UK) - See all my reviews
I heard this song for the very first time early one morning as I was just waking up. I felt so much emotion listening to the music, the voice and the lyrics; I felt transported into another world. Since then I have loved that voice like no other. One of the very best of the Opera Singers of our times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice and album, 12 Nov 2013
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Even if you only have a passing interest in this sort of music I thoroughly recommend this album as it's so magnificently produced and Andrea Boctelli's voice is nearly perfect - all the tracks are worth listening to and you even find yourself emotionally moved by the sound. A must buy addition to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars All round entertainment, 2 Jan 2012
Michael Watson "skirrow22" (Halifax, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this CD way back and then lost it in a house move. Having just reacquired another copy, it was a magical moment again once I had begun to play the CD.

Bocelli covers a good selection of songs, some shared but all transporting the listener to a world of goose bumps and prickly hairs on the neck!

He makes a welcome and refeshing change from highly publicized alternative tenors. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli - Vivere, 17 Mar 2009
Mary Green "new opera fan" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed this CD so very much.
Bocelli's singing transports me somewhere magical and I just love to hear it.
The CD offers a good variety of music so it is suitable for the lighter music fan as well as the more serious listener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrea Bocelli, Vivere Greatest hits, 5 Sep 2009
W. H. Hughes - See all my reviews
I admire this man greatly for his achievements and ablities in singing horse riding roller blading and attracting beautiful women. I can't understand a word of Italian but can listen to the way it is sung with soul and passion by Andrea Bocelli for hours at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTICO !, 27 Jun 2009
First & foremost, I'm not an Opera lover neither a fine critic (I've just an average knowledge from an University course..), but loving musicals too, I've given it a try, and I liked it!

Even if you're generally not keen of this kind of music, this best is really an enjoyable collection of romantic, intense ballads like, exactly, must have been the old italian "romanze".
Andrea even underlined it, calling one of these songs ROMANZA.
Plus, even if I can't call me properly a Bocelli's fan, I've always admired his peculiar voice, more than Pavarotti's one (Rip) I have to admit...
Here you will find a great bunch of songs, sung with good patners: if you want to relax with fine music, you can't go wrong with this for sure!

Last but not least, I've loved this version of TIME TO SAY GOODBYE: here in Italy it has been an anthem from the start (& still gives me goosebumps ;-)), because when nobody knew this Tuscan singer, CON TE PARTIRO' (the original version) was picked up for a well known Telecom commercial, hence instantly it became a hit, and everybody loved Andrea's voice (& now there's another commercial with a kind of young punk version of this song, crazy!! ;-D)...BRAVO, CONTINUA COSI'!!
(Sadly he became blind due to a disease after his young years; but back at that time, surely the public didn't know about his personal drama, so it was not "for pity" that so many people bought his records indeed...He's simply very good, and his life an example for everyone, because he has had the strenght to move on with his life, bringing joy to his family & audience too!)

PS_I've loved this precious version with Sarah Brightman, it's just a little bit confusing that in Italian it means "I will leave with you", in English it's ambiguous, because the couple seems to be on the point of dividing instead of going away together ?! Ok, whatever, just my impression, no doubt this cd will warm up your heart, no matter what! ;-))

3.0 out of 5 stars Vivere, 9 May 2011
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Don't get me wrong, Bocelli's voice is as amazing as we have come to expect and his vocal warmth and range are evident throughout. I think however that the songs on offer don't do him full justice and he really shines and has full emotion of the more classical of the tracks on offer. The rest of the album sounds almost twee in comparison and may tracks remind me of the kind of songs you'd find in a Disney film. Maybe this isn't a bad thing I you enjoy that kind of thing, which I do at the right time and place, but I expected so much more from a collection such as this.

Bocelli duets with assorted artist on this album, Kenny G, Sarah Brightman and Celine Dion the most notable. If you want a `best of' of Bocelli's more pop tracks then this is the collection for you, but if like me you want more of his opera aria's then try the album titled `Aria: The Opera Album' instead which may satisfy you more than this. This album is very good for what it is, as long as you know what to expect.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 13 Jan 2008
Filmically Challenged "madloverci" (Dundee, Tayside, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There's not much to add to other people's reviews of this fine album. My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that he recorded Vivo Per Lei in Spanish with Marta Sanchez, as Vivo Por Ella, and in my opinion it's a much better, more romantic version. If you can find their version, add it to your mp3 player. Apart from that, this is a great album.