Format: DVD|Change

on 8 June 2009
Anyone who watched this show through lazy afternoons or when just getting home from Uni (like me) will appreciate Dick Van Dyke's ability to amuse and lift spirits with his excellent portrayal of the super sleuth and doctor Sloan. I love these old detective series in the beautiful, hot country settings. I always laugh as i have a very sarcastic sense of humour and enjoy the conertations towards Sherlock Holmes, another of my fav. detectives. A MUST buy for all fans young or old!! Can't wait for the whole set!
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2008
Season 3 of Diagnosis Murder marked several cast changes - Scott Bio and Deloris have moved on and we have newcomer Jessie Travis (played by Charlie Schlatter). The rest of the cast are all prescent including my faverate Michael Tucci as poor old Norman. There is also a new credit sequence and a different arrangement to the main theme which isn't quite as good. Why do programmes always change the main theme - the new one is never as good as the original. Dr Sloan now shares a beech house with his son and has a new car - I prefer his old classic car.

Season 3 is excellent with some great stories. Like the other seasons the stories generally fall into two groups - the whodunit where we don't know who the killer is and the Columbo style where we know who the killer is and watch Dr Sloan figure it out like Columbo. Interestingly Dick Van Dyke appeared in the Columbo episode Negative Reaction (Columbo season 4 also available on dvd).

I have given the dvd 4 stars, not because of the episode quality but for the lack of extras. All we have is the episodes - no audio commentary tracks, no making of documentarys. This is a shame as I am sure that any extra special features would be welcome.

As with the other seasons this is an American dvd and is region 1 coded so you will require a multi region coded dvd player. Now roll of Season 4, with extras please. I hope they start to release the series at a slightly quicker pace.
on 25 July 2009
well another box of delights for the DM fans. like me i enjoy the stories. great acting. i just love D.V.D he is great,funny. just a laugh. its the little things he does if you watch carefully.

great storylines, well written. and most enjoyable. just wets my appetite for Season 4 Boxset roll on September.
on 11 June 2009
I have waited for series 3 to be released in the UK as this is where Jesse finally arrives! I love the series and am glad that yet another series is being released here as on TV you dont always see all the episodes in each series.
on 3 January 2010
I may be fairly young for a program like this but for some reason I love it. Dick Van Dyke is very good as the lovable doctor who along with his trusty friends always manages to solve the murder before the culprit gets away. I always like to try and guess who done it but rarely get it right but it is always fun to try. An enjoyable who done it program to watch on a lazy afternoon
on 27 July 2015
Love the show, but they seem to have released the episodes in this series in a different order to how they were filmed.

In episode 13 Amanda has her baby, but in episode 18 there are a couple of scenes where she most definitely looks heavily pregnant. And in episodes 17 and 18 there was no mention of the baby at all, despite her being totally frazzled by a non-sleeping baby in episode 16. End of episode 16 looked more like a series end than end of episode 18 did.

Thought they might have been out of order on the DVDs, but sequence here matches up with schedule listed on IMDb.
on 5 February 2010
Great series. Great fun! highly recommended.

just one slight niggle - The box is a bit wierd. The 1st series (Slim Cases) was easier to use.
on 15 February 2012
My mom and I use to watch this when it was t.v & are really enjoying watching it again. If you're a Dick Van Dyke fan then this is a must have
on 1 November 2014
So happy this show is available on DVD - but why only three series?! Entertaining, charming and fun - I could watch this on a loop and never be bored! It's a rarity in that it sticks to the crime stories. Never gets self indulgent or becomes too much about the characters personal lives. It's television perfection!
on 26 August 2013
I received the DVD Set in good shape and shortly after ordering it. I really love this series. So far I now have bought the first 3 seasons and one is just as good as the others. Hopefully it will be soon possible also to order the other seasons for the region 2 (Europe).