5.0 out of 5 stars This is the complete series 1 and it's excellent
Published on 4 Aug. 2009 by KN

3.0 out of 5 stars Regarding the Packaging
THIS IS AN AMAZING SERIES! Don't get me wrong about that one, I love it to death. But like the title says, the packaging is not what is advertised, at least for me. The brilliant looking production booklet isn't here and the box isn't shiny or engraved/raised as seen above. I'm extremely disappointed, I was so looking forward to it. I've sent Amazon an email to change the...
Published on 16 Mar. 2012 by Zachary

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the complete series 1 and it's excellent, 4 Aug. 2009
KN (Lancs. UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This box-set contains all 22 episodes in series 1 of 'The Clone Wars'. I really enjoyed watching these CGI/animated stories and kind of wished aspects of them were included in the prequel movie trilogy. We get to see many different new planets and races and some awesome space and land battles with Anakin more vividly shown as the "powerful Jedi" whom Yoda speaks of to Luke in that scene in 'The Empire Strikes Back'.

This series is very different to the 2003 cartoon series made by Genndy Tartakovsky, in which the action was simply relentless and the force powers beyond comprehension. Here, the action scenes (and force powers) are more in sync with the movies except the focus is purely on the events of the clone wars.

It should have been released a bit sooner instead of the 4 episode disc that has been available for some time (I would strongly recommend against buying that). An obvious money-grabbing tactic by Lucasfilm but I can't imagine many people would settle for 4 episodes only.

Anyway, most of the series follows the two heroic Jedi knights, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi, though a few episodes do feature other characters such as Yoda (episode 1), Padme and the much-maligned Jar Jar (episode 8), Ahsoka Tano (episode 9), Kit Fisto (episode 10) and Mace Windu (episode 21). Furthermore, some storylines focus on the clone troopers (episodes 5 and 16) with Captain Rex and Commander Cody emerging as fan favourites. Each episode is about 20 minutes long and titled as follows:

1. Ambush
19. Storm Over Ryloth
20. Innocents of Ryloth
21. Liberty on Ryloth
22. Hostage Crisis

My kids and I loved watching this and we cannot wait for the second series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One [Blu-ray] [2009] (Blu-ray)
If you've seen the clonewars on Sky, you'll pretty much know what your getting in terms of content. However it is worth noting that some episodes have been extended e.g "directors cut". These just give a slightly different perspective of the episode. The extras are interesting and the presentation of the packageas a whole is very good.

Picture Quality on Bluray is astonishing. I just use my PS3 for Bluray, so nothing special in terms of equipment, but the quality of the imagery especially the colours and depth in the scenes has to be seen to be belived.

I can't recommend this box set highly enough - if your a big Star Wars fan then this is a must have addition to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 29 Sept. 2009
Paul Johns (Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had a few doubts about the Clone Wars, I did enjoy the film but was hoping the series wouldnt be dumbed down for kids. I dont think it was at all, a few early episodes weren't great but then it really found its rhythm and every episode was superb.

You get to see/learn a lot about other characters, the animation is superb, a lot of action, a great series.

Only bad thing was the way it was shown in the UK on Sky Movies, complete con as its not a movie, just Sky's way of getting kids moaning at their parents to get the movie channel ! Should be on Sky 1 instead.

As the reviewer above said dont bother getting the DVD's with a measely 4 episodes on each one, this box set looks much better and better priced. Looking forward to Season 2 which starts in the US on Friday 2nd.

Excellent series !

4.0 out of 5 stars A new Star Wars flavour, 22 Jan. 2010
Papalamprou - See all my reviews
If you like Star Wars the you may like the Clone Wars series. THis will depend if you liked the original or the new trilogy more. In the first case, avoid it, otherwise get it, it will make Star Wars feel fresh by its style and the look at so many things you dont get to see in the movies. The other thing is that as with every series, it has its ups and downs, and this series starts in a really bad way, the first episodes being really targeted aat a younger audience... Other points of interest are the completely new soundtrack that even though it feels fresh, it doesn't come close to john williams' original star wars scores. the sound effects are great all in all and the episode commentaries are pretty good and itneresting. Not a definitive buy but a good product nonetheless

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid start to the Clone Wars, 30 Sept. 2014
M. Harrin (UK) - See all my reviews
First season:

After the iffy Star Wars: The Clone wars movie that introduced us to this new look Star Wars came the first season (yes, I know this is an obvious thing to say). I write this in 2014 after re-watching the series again.

There are, like most seasons of anything, good episodes and not so good episodes.

Not so good episodes:

• Bombad Jedi – Jar jar binks episode where the battle droids mistake Jar Jar for a Jedi… (yep…)
• Blue Shadow Virus – The Separatists secretly invade Naboo and are creating a bio weapon.

Best Episodes:

• Rookies – A small group of clones must fend for themselves against droid commandos
• Lair of Grievous – Kit Fisto and his Mon Calamari ex padawan local Grievous hidden lair.

I have picked these as the stand out episodes for the best and worst. The season finale was not great and really didn’t leave you waiting for season 2 to begin, however I felt that these two episodes were the most noticeable. I find most Jar Jar Binks episode a chore to get through as they try and make him too clumsy and stupid to try and get the laughs in.

The season is generally good with lots of action and comedy moments between Ashoka, Anakin and Obi Wan. The episode “Rookies” is a clone based episode with only a few minutes of screen time with any Jedi in it. I like this episode because the clones are eager to prove themselves, but are restless and have only just been assigned their first assignment. Again, and like in most episodes Dee Bradley Baker is great as the voice of the clones. Even though he is practically the only voice actor in the episode apart from the droids, you do still think of all of the clones as individual characters.

Some of the space battles are reasonable static, with a group of Republic cruisers on one side and Separatist ships on the other shooting at each other. Towards the end of the season and later seasons these become better and more frantic, but the earlier space battles are very reminiscent of the space battle in Return of the Jedi.

There are some short story arcs spanning 2/3 episodes in this season which are ok stories. You will get to note in the series that they are in no way chronologically accurate. You might get an episode in this season with a certain clone in it who dies, however in season three he might be back for another episode sent before the episode in season one and then he will be gone again until season 5! This can be confusing at times but it is best to just roll with it.

This season generally pulled in nearly 4 million viewers in the U.S (I am in the UK and only saw these on DVD) and is overall, a good solid first season to the new Star Wars. The special features are ok and when I originally got it they had a small book in with it if character designs which was appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 30 Dec. 2009
Bjørn Johan Dorais Storås (Eidsdal, Norway) - See all my reviews
The Clone Wars is an awesome look on the massive Star Wars universe.
it fills in the gap between the movies Attack of the Clones & Return of the Sith, which basically tell the beginning and the end of the war.
Now we have an ongoing series showing us what happened in the war itself. Since it is a series and the episodes aren't always linked completely together you get to see more individual views on the war, the episodes wary a lot, some revolve around Jedi, like the movies do, but some revolve around clone troopers as well...
We see more alien worlds and mysterious creatures and get to focus on (in combat) more strategic elements to the story. All in all a great series, if you like Star Wars, then you can't pass this up! What I love most of all about it is that it can go into detail on small agendas, not always showing us the big picture...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Star Wars, 10 Jan. 2010
Ignore all those angry live action star wars purists, this series is great!
As you can see I'm teenage girl Star wars nut (I'm useing my dads account)I love all the episodes and I enjoy seeing new characters and planets. Also, I don't understand why so many people hate Ahsoka. just cause she's young does not mean she's dumb. I relly love her and think she's a great addition to star wars and she's smart, beautiful!
I really enjoy the animation and I don't care if this show has none of the celebrity voices in it, I like it cause the so called "horrible voice acting" is great! Somtimes I wonder if all those angry live action star wars purists have really seen this show(I don't like it when people judge a book by it's cover)
cause they need to know that constant cursing won't make the series more better!
By the way, I enjoyed the great show and I can't wait for season 2. Keep up the good work Lucasarts!

4.0 out of 5 stars Star wars 'Clone wars' the series, 10 Dec. 2009
M. C. Talbot-sykes (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the previous two 'Stand alone' films and loved both so I bought the series, for such a long time I had been hearing rumours of a series being made and every week searched high and low on the net, 'AT LAST' here it was and dissapointed 'I was not' it is better than the two earlier films, left me wanting more 'Series Two' all I can ask is WHEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars Rocks, 6 Nov. 2010
My wife and I love clone wars.

It is rare that I envy kids of today.

I think when I was 8-11 I had some great cartoons, such as Ulysees and Cities of Gold.

But Clone Wars is better than anything I watched as a kid.

Good stuff for Adults and kids.

Definitely destined for repeated plays in my DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star wars: The clone wars season 1, 1 Nov. 2010
All of a sudden, after watching the clone wars animation, i'm no longer much interested in real-life film. The CGI animation, the storyline, the fight scenes are DREAD! They should make more animation films like this. The fights between the jedi & the sith are awesome & plentiful.
It reveals events between attack of the clones & revenge of the sith. There is a decent level of humour throughout season 1, which pinned me to the screen even more. Can't wait for season 2.
If you're into star wars, THIS is a definate must-have. 9/10